Any 07 Impala changes you'd like to see?

62impala

I drove a new Impala LT with the 3.9 in southern CA for a few days -- part of the Avis rental fleet.

It drove great, so much quieter and smoother than my '04 LS with the 3.8 that I have at home.

I can think of a few changes that I'd like to see in the '07 when it comes out this fall:

more exterior colors for the SS (dark gray, pale blue metallic, just for starters);

new wheel rims for the SS (I really don't like the factory rims at all, almost would rather have the LTZ rims);

twin chrome pipes for any 3.9 powered car (LT or LTZ);

change the spoiler to make it more subtle; it almost looks silly on the LT and LTZ;

subtle front and tail clip changes; for the front: move the license plate off the bumper and down into the center of the lower grille (would make for a much smoother front end appearance, and much more secure license plate attachment, protecting it from front end contact from other cars and/or stationery objects); for the rear: PLEASE DO SOMETHING WITH THOSE TAILLIGHTS, and run the back-up lights across the bottom of the trunk, with all the badging printed in black on the white plastic lens; also, remove the gold bowtie from the rear deck, and replace with a large leaping Impala logo; maybe some chrome trim across the front and rear bumpers....

for the interior, all i can think of would be to slightly enlarge and light up that impala logo above the glove box when the dash is lit.

Any changes to the '07 that you would like to see?

Some of that doesn't sound too bad, but pale blue for an SS? I sure hope you're kidding... :huh:

And the same for the wheels. I really like the upper LT and all LTZ ones a lot too, but the SS ones are very fitting of it's sportier, meatier image, and actually seem to be very well liked, so you're probably in the minority on that one.

It'll only be the second model year, so I wouldn't expect anything more than maybe a new color or one new minor option, so don't look for much...especially in the way of styling changes.

well, I spoke with an engineer in Detroit during the Camaro weekend and he was very excited about a styling clay that he saw in the studio with the Camaro...it looked like a 63 Impala! All he could say was "Holy $^*t Dude!" And it was RWD! That would be an improvement right there - RWD. It will help me with my Camaro ( Platform sharing ) and it would give me an alternative to FWD cars that I hate.

As far as a few of the Impala's that I have driven...they are solid, powerful and quiet. Nice features. Pretty much a nice car...not exciting to me at this time...but the future is bright!

To the response above about possible new colors for the SS in '07, I was thinking more of a medium metallic blue, similar to the color that they now offer on the LT and LTZ...

As for the rims on the SS, I'm all for sporty, more substantial looking rims, but the current ones just don't do it for me; too flat and plain-looking, but maybe that's just me.

That clay mock-up Impala that looks just like a '63 sounds fantastic, hope they build it.... of course, my favorite year was '62, but that would be close enough...

That would be an improvement right there - RWD.

I don't think I could've typed it better myself.

That, along with softer dash panels.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

...it looked like a 63 Impala!  All he could say was "Holy $^*t Dude!"  And it was RWD!  That would be an improvement right there - RWD. 

Well I thought the word going around was like a 66 Impala but I don't know the differences between the two but here's to the RWD Impala making a comeback! :cheers:

I have some definate changes that I would like to see on the 07's after spending a whole weekend in a base LS rental.

1 ) make the 3500 a little quieter

2 ) Add a woorgrain accent or something to break up the large chunk of plastic on the passenger side of the dash

3 ) Make the dash grain finer and nicer looking

4 ) Darken up the cloth seat fabrics and please bring back the blue interior option

5 ) 6 speed automatic please

6 ) Change the SS wheels

7 ) make the rear spoiler an option on LT3 models with the 3900 or better yet just drop that model and make the 3900 an option on all LT's

8 ) make the taillights more distinctive

1 ) Ditch the rear spoiler.....even on SS versions. It's SO 80's-domestic-sport-sedan-like.

2 ) Take the chrome strip off the rear of ALL Impalas. Make it body-color like on the SS.

3 ) Base tire size of 17-inch to fill the wheelwells. You can keep the plastic covers on the cheapy LS models....but at least put more meat in there.

4 ) While you are at it, black-out the chrome around the greenhouse on SS models.

5 ) 5-or-6 speed automatic transmission

6 ) 2.8L and 3.6L HF V6s in addition to V8. How nice to have a base LS Impala rental-grade model with a smooth, revvy, and nice-sounding 210hp 2.8L HF V6?

7 ) Add a FRIGGIN gear indicator on the floor console.

8 ) Give us a more "euro-like" interior option of beige with black/charcoal upper dash and door panels.....a la LaCrosse CXS.

gear indicator on the floor console for sure, bigger mirrors, make the classy looking mags that come with the LTZ available on the LT, another interior color would be nice. Does anyone know if you can you get the neutral colored interior with the brushed aluminum trim (whatever they call it) on the dash? Whenever I see this interior color they always have the wood trim.

the SS wheels suck. replace those.

gear indicator, yes.

better dash plastic? yes.

how bout adding some rear seat leg room. PLEASE.

How bout front seats with more lateral support?

how bout a 5 or 6 speed auto and MANUMATIC?

nicer gauges/bigger.

3.6 engine option please. ditch the 3.5 and make the 3.9 standard.

how bout adding some rear seat leg room. PLEASE.

jazz up the taillights.

the SS wheels suck.  replace those.

gear indicator, yes.

better dash plastic?  yes.

how bout adding some rear seat leg room.  PLEASE.

How bout front seats with more lateral support?

how bout a 5 or 6 speed auto and MANUMATIC?

nicer gauges/bigger.

3.6 engine option please.  ditch the 3.5 and make the 3.9 standard.

how bout adding some rear seat leg room.  PLEASE.

jazz up the taillights.

I agree with all of your suggestions but we know none of the major ones will happen in 07. The SS wheels really suck.