Flybrian

My 'Outlook'

81 posts in this topic

Flybrian    0

To all our readers,

Our Chief Editor, Josh Oliver, received unconfirmed information concerning the Saturn Outlook and posted an article that could've been alot better put together. The haste with which it was written has contributed to considerable debate and has raised the ire of many on this board.

As of tonight I have received information from two reliable sources that the alleged Outlook reevaluation document was fabricated. That is to say, all information regarding it was false.

For the controversy this has caused, I ask you to consider that our editors have to constantly walk a fine line with the exclusives we run and the stories we break. We always strive for quality and accuracy in our reporting while protecting the confidentiality of our sources. Yet, sometimes the best of intentions don’t produce the best results.

For those of you that felt the Outlook article was below our standards, I apologize and with that renew my commitment to you that we continue to hold both our articles and our editors to a higher level.

Let’s continue to work together to uphold our tradition of being GM’S Biggest Fans and Toughest Critics.

Thank you,

Brian Dreggors,

Administrator

sigma    0

Thanks for the letter. The story made no sense to me or many others considering the stage the project was at. It is important. not just to be first, but to be right. I appreciate any effort taken to make sure such a blunder doesn't happen again.

Achelous    0

Thanks so much for this. It is exactly what was needed and clears the air quite a bit. I think we all realize that it's difficult to separate fact from fiction sometimes and are generally pleased with the journalistic standards of this site. Thanks again.

JazzyChef    0

I would like to say that I was a little more than aggrivated with the story, it was unprofesional and uncalled for. It should have been posted in a "Rumors" message board, not on the main headline! Apology accepted but know that some trust in C&G has been lost and can't be regained.

<_<

...know that some trust in C&G has been lost and can't be regained.

Ironically, same thing has happened to GM/Chevrolet.

I'm not sure which was more frustrating/shocking with this entire event. The original post ... or the discussion (if one might call it that) that followed.

I hope we can put this behind us and go forth....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

Guest Josh   
Guest Josh

With Flybrians post, I will add that he is the new "Chief" Administrator of C&G as I will be relinquishing my duties on the web-site due to the story that I ran.

Plain and simply put, I was had and I was done so by somebody that picked a moment and jumped on it. I do feel however that some other "enthusiast" web site may have played a part and for this, I do apologize to C&G members and especially to General Motors for my lack of judgement.

That said, Fly is the new guy around town here and he is the new man calling the shots.

To Brian, good luck on head honcho around here

As someone who works in the news industry let me the first to say that Josh should not be thrown under the bus and or his named dragged through the mud. When one gets a piece of news they suspect to be true they are put in a difficult position of if they are right, they are hero but if their story turns out to be false they are looked at as if they have the plague and not to be spoken to again.

I don't know how Josh recieved his information and who his sources were when confirming this information but let it be understood that it is quite possible that a source that has been dead on 100 times in the past has the potential to be dead wrong maybe once. I give Josh credit for saying he was wrong and stepping down from his post, I hope he continues to be a part of the GM online community

Northstar    11

Where does the money that many of us donated to the site go?

I believe Josh still is going to pay for the site. Fly is just the head admin now.

Flybrian    0

For anyone with any questions, whatever they may be, regarding the site, please feel free to PM me or post questions here.

To let everyone know, the 'transition' was complete the moment of Josh's post. Expect changes, but as always for the better as we have been planning upgrades and such all along.

Thanks to those who offered their support and words of encouragement. Its a big pair of shoes to fill, but I accept.

Cananopie    1

I like both Fly and Josh as admins and I think you both have done great things for C&G. I don't know exactly what duties Josh held as "chief" that he's relinquishing but I think Fly's explanation about how this is a site that has to take some chances in order to be so late-breaking is completely acceptable. It's not like Josh isn't obviously apologetic and I think the way Josh handled the situation only should make this site more credible. It's obvious both Josh and Fly commit very much to this site and anybody who is still upset after Josh reliniquished his title should relax a little. He obviously takes this even more serious than the rest of us so relax.

I think both Fly and Josh are great admins and really keep this site running well. whoevers in charge will do a great job I have no doubt. Mistakes happen. Nobody is perfect.

jvcmike    3

With Flybrians post, I will add that he is the new "Chief" Administrator of C&G as I will be relinquishing my duties on the web-site due to the story that I ran.

Plain and simply put, I was had and I was done so by somebody that picked a moment and jumped on it. I do feel however that some other "enthusiast" web site may have played a part and for this, I do apologize to C&G members and especially to General Motors for my lack of judgement.

That said, Fly is the new guy around town here and he is the new man calling the shots.

Did you really have to step down?, I think everyone deserves a least one mistake. I commend you for owning up to it, how many people do that in this day and age. Our society expects everything to go perfect and that is just not going to happen. Do not let the harsh critics get you down, because if you do that they will be so please in their little self served world.

Edited by jvcmike

Cadillacfan    0

I think if anyone is to blame, it is the person who created that false document. While Josh did jump the gun a bit in reporting it, I think anyone else who saw it would have probably done the same thing.

Josh should be commended for backing away from his duties. It shows true class and shows that he really wants the site to prosper.

97regalGS    0

I think if anyone is to blame, it is the person who created that false document.  While Josh did jump the gun a bit in reporting it, I think anyone else who saw it would have probably done the same thing.

Josh should be commended for backing away from his duties.  It shows true class and shows that he really wants the site to prosper.

not to beat a dead horse here, but Josh was not the only person that had access to this document, but somehow was the only one who published it? (as far as I've heard).

eh, mistakes happen... no biggie.

sciguy_0504    0

I think Josh stepping down is a little rash.  He made a mistake, its not like he sold GM information to Toyota or something...

:withstupid:

Still, glad to have Brian on board.

97regalGS    0

I think Josh stepping down is a little rash.  He made a mistake, its not like he sold GM information to Toyota or something...

i suspect there is more to it than this one instance. (pure speculation).

Croc    268

i suspect there is more to it than this one instance. (pure speculation).

You should make a high-dollar bet with someone on this, though I'd feel kinda bad for the other guy...(not pure speculation) Edited by Croc