Buick Verano page up

regfootball

Interesting..doesn't seem to be accessible through the mobile site..followed the link above on my phone earlier, got the 'm.buick.com/blahblahblah' url, and the site had the current models but no future models info..

• 4 weeks later...

They updated it to include pictures of the actual thing. Don't know how it's different from the Excelle GT -- maybe bigger wheels, lower suspension, more chrome, or Photoshop -- but somehow it looks better, almost passable, with none of the awkward proportions seen in the Chinese car. The interior "wood" is atrocious, though.

I wish it luck in the marketplace. There are larger, more powerful cars out there with similar levels of equipment (Hyundai Sonata...), and Buick lists the IS250 and A3 as primary competitors, which is laughable.

They updated it to include pictures of the actual thing. Don't know how it's different from the Excelle GT -- maybe bigger wheels, lower suspension, more chrome, or Photoshop -- but somehow it looks better, almost passable, with none of the awkward proportions seen in the Chinese car. The interior "wood" is atrocious, though.

I wish it luck in the marketplace. There are larger, more powerful cars out there with similar levels of equipment (Hyundai Sonata...), and Buick lists the IS250 and A3 as primary competitors, which is laughable.

I agree it looks good, though I don't see what's wrong with the interior wood. Real or not, it doesn't look cheesy to me at all.

Nice looking little Astra sedan, there! I hope they offer it at least as loaded as the Cruze LTZ, with a couple of equipment packages as options. And please, GM, do not offer any idiotic rear spoilers on this car.

Notice they don't show the rear end...I'm not sure exactly what the competition for this will be, with the Jetta having moved downmarket this year. Mercury is gone but didn't have a compact model like this--thought they were planning a rebadged Focus I think-- neither does Chrysler..Lincoln is rumored to be working on something like this based on the Focus..

The Audi A3 seems implausable--it's priced a lot higher and doesn't offer a sedan version. Maybe the higher trim levels of the Civic or Elantra are comparable?

Buick is in the odd position of being the last middle brand standing now that Mercury is gone.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

looks pretty sharp. Not sure about the rear. I'm pretty dissapointed with the MPGs for the 2.4. I am interested in hearing about the 2.0 turbo though.

Notice they don't show the rear end...I'm not sure exactly what the competition for this will be, with the Jetta having moved downmarket this year. Mercury is gone but didn't have a compact model like this--thought they were planning a rebadged Focus I think-- neither does Chrysler..Lincoln is rumored to be working on something like this based on the Focus..

The Audi A3 seems implausable--it's priced a lot higher and doesn't offer a sedan version. Maybe the higher trim levels of the Civic or Elantra are comparable?

Buick is in the odd position of being the last middle brand standing now that Mercury is gone.

We've got the pictures of the rear in our 2012 Buick Verano Release

We've got the pictures of the rear in our 2012 Buick Verano Release

Ok..the rear looks like the Excelle GT. I like the brown color and really like the interior colors and detailing at first glance...

I'm sure a sedan w/ the automatic is most appropriate for a Buick. Alas, without Pontiac or Saturn it seems there is no place in GMNA for the hatchback Astras (which look much better than this sedan, IMO).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar