Volt convertible!

That article reeked of BS from the first sentence onward for me. 1) Far too long of an article to genuinely be about a reveal in less than a month. 2) Too may details, and details that don't make any sense (i.e. folding top with photovoltaic cells? So do those get all crinkly? Manual-only top, but photovoltaic cells to power interior cooling fans?) and 3) No picture of the top up. It's easy to photoshop away a roof.

Lame.

I would bet removing the top off a Volt would cost ir 7-10 electric miles.

I bet the Volt aero guys got a good laugh at this one with the time they spent to electically close a grill off only to have someone even think about removing the greenhouse.

That article reeked of BS from the first sentence onward for me. 1) Far too long of an article to genuinely be about a reveal in less than a month. 2) Too may details, and details that don't make any sense (i.e. folding top with photovoltaic cells? So do those get all crinkly? Manual-only top, but photovoltaic cells to power interior cooling fans?) and 3) No picture of the top up. It's easy to photoshop away a roof.

Lame.

buzz_killington-191x300.jpg

• Agree 1

Lame.

buzz_killington-191x300.jpg

...and why's that, because I'm not gullible? C'mon.

If I were really being a buzzkill, I'd have posted something about how puerile and immature the whole "rage graphics" header is on a site trying to position itself as professional. There's a reason that Oldsmoboi co-signed the whole "C&G isn't 4chan" (or reddit for that matter) over in the Buick forum. Good thing I didn't do anything like that because I can't imagine what the reaction would have been. :rolleyes:

Edited by Croc
  • Disagree 3

Actually, getting super serious and going on a tangent about a lousy header pretty much validates the 'puerile and immature' header.

Good thing I didn't do anything like that because I can't imagine what the reaction would have been. :rolleyes:

We'd probably laugh, hand out a couple plus one's, and go about our merry ways.

Edited by Dodgefap

Actually, getting super serious and going on a tangent about a lousy header pretty much validates the 'puerile and immature' header.

Good thing I didn't do anything like that because I can't imagine what the reaction would have been. :rolleyes:

We'd probably laugh, hand out a couple plus one's, and go about our merry ways.

Yea I don't think my post constitutes a "rage" against the header, but nice try. Frankly, I think it's pretty obnoxious and immature to name-call and throw shade simply because someone posted why their BS detector went off on an April Fool joke. I mean seriously? Don't start $h! unless you're prepared to get it back because I wasn't originally planning on saying anything about the header containing about as much original thought as going to the fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu sub-reddit and stealing some generic rage graphics.

OK, so some of us got taken for a ride. Let's move on.

This was more convincing than thw Volt ET Truck spyshots that GMI ran yesterday.

Some of you took this seriously?

I don't think anyone took it seriously, as we're all jaded enough to know that there is now effectively no real news on April 1st.

That said, its still not such an outrageous idea... and I'd hope that GM considered this idea. In the end, I'm sure a Prius convertible would beat GM to the market, anyway.