Phones

29 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of phone(s) do you have? (click all that apply)

• Smartphone
    • "Dumb" cell phone
    • Home phone
    • IP based phone service, or Skype

Until Apple increases the screen size on the iPhone, it is a complete non-option for me.

It is surprising they haven't made a larger screen model, considering what the competition is doing..the market is definitely skewing towards larger phones.

The iTunes interface is junk anymore though management tool for android music seem virtually non-existent. I stopped using Google Play music due to its insistence on saving music to internal storage and not the SDCard. I have an iPod and use iSyncr to sync my GS4 also. Works pretty well for me.

I agree with you Drew, iTunes interface is Junk. Syncing my Android phone with my music is easy and clean and I put it where I want it not where it is dictated by an over bearing monster.

I still use iTunes as I keep all of my music on my iPod Classic. I have used Google music to stream my collection to my laptop (and then use Airplay to the office sound system on occasion). I guess as long as I have an iPod I have no reason to play music on my phone.

I'm driving different cars all the time and don't always have my iPod. I do always have a usb cable for my phone. Thus my setup.

Makes sense in that use case. Alas, the only time I have a car that I can connect my iPod or phone to is when I have a rental (a downside of having the newest cars at home being 13 years old, though I can use the old iPod cassette adapter).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I've been happy with my Samsung Note II. It has great battery life. I won't plan to get the Note III, initially at least. The next generation of Samsung phones is supposed to have a more premium feel, but I have no problem with plastic, which makes them lighter. I'll be replacing my work BlackBerry Bold with either a Samsung Galaxy S4 or an iPhone, but I'll probably stick with Android and the bigger screen of the Samsung. I can't say that I'll miss any of the 10 so BlackBerrys that I have had, other than they have good battery life.

I have a Galaxy S4. I'm able to keep in contact with friends on Skype and there are a lot of fun apps to keep me entertained. Also if I'm ever out and see a Lamborghini, for example, I'm able to get a good picture of it.

i rip my cd's to itunes, have itunes match. now, my apple tv and iphone I don't have to copy and sync the tunes. my entire library is available anytime i am connected either with wifi or cell. then with bluetooth streaming to my sync or attached via cable in the car, there is no silly file management to phone etc.

now the new itunes radio will be adless since i have itunes match.

i can use my phone as a remote play device in the house for itunes etc.

soon with my new phone, then i have the ability to use the airplay to apple tv etc.

it all plays nice and requires virtually no fuss to take advantage of all those features. My 3gs which is soon 4 years old will still for a few years be quite handy for a bunch of things yet. If i took the case off, it would still look brand new.

sure a slightly larger screen on the phone would be nice, a 4.7 to 5 in size might be nice. But honestly at some point, just bring an ipad with too FCS. the smaller size is nice and handy to manage in the car as far as stashing and holding on to etc. I don't want to put a shelf board in my pants either.

I'd probably laugh and point at the dude who holds a Galaxy Note up to his ear to take a call. Might as well have a bag phone!

In this house, the Apple Products are probably the most satisfying purchases we have had in the last ten years.

We had some nice Samsung flip phones back in the day. When i got my 3gs we had actually got some samsung touch feature phones. They were garbage. Buggy, cheaply made etc. Returned them ASAP and got real phones by apple. Those Galaxy phones feel cheap in the hand.

Edited by regfootball

I'd probably laugh and point at the dude who holds a Galaxy Note up to his ear to take a call. Might as well have a bag phone!

Oh please. I read this statement all over the Internet but the only thing people do when they see me using my Note for a voice call is ask me where they can get one for themselves, and where the nearest garbage can is so they can dispose of their iPhone.

Also the Apple ecosystem is great until you have to do work. Multitasking on iOS is comically horrendous. iOS is about extra steps. My phone lets me run two windows, take a call and write down information, all simultaneously.

BUT IT LUKS FUNNEH AGAINST MY EARZ HUE HUE HUE

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-iphone-5s-is-the-fastest-smartphone-2013-9#!

Iphone smokes the S4

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323527004579081192462456798.html?mod=WSJ_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond#!

"Overall, however, the new iPhone 5S is a delight. Its hardware and software make it the best smartphone on the market."

I updated my work iPhone 5 to ios7 last night...it's...different. The icons have a bright, almost cartoony appearance to them now.

Yeah it looks so much like an Android now, Apple must be admitting that Androids are good competitors they are even copying their designs!

i'm thinking of getting a real smart phone in november... looking at pay as you go, picking up an S3, parlty because i've used it before.... with a price tag of ~$400. would anyone recommend something else?

I'd wait and see what the next Google Nexus device is like before making a purchase. It should launch in October. Rumours have it pegged for a 1080p display, 13MP camera and LTE. It'd be far more modern than the S3, with fast updates and a better UI.

i'm thinking of getting a real smart phone in november... looking at pay as you go, picking up an S3, parlty because i've used it before.... with a price tag of ~$400. would anyone recommend something else?

I'd wait and see what the next Google Nexus device is like before making a purchase. It should launch in October. Rumours have it pegged for a 1080p display, 13MP camera and LTE. It'd be far more modern than the S3, with fast updates and a better UI.

sounds like a reason the S3 should drop in price again....i don't need bleeding edge...