Chevrolet Announces Colorado-Based Trailblazer SUV

Chevrolet Announces Colorado-Based Trailblazer SUV

William Maley - Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

October 12, 2011

post-10485-0-90094800-1318436793.png

Today, General Motors announced a new SUV based on the Colorado truck. The SUV will be called the Trailblazer and will make it's official debut at Dubai Motor Show next month and go on sale oin Thailand beginning in early 2012.

Now if you want to get your hands onto a Trailblazer, you'll have to go to Thailand. A spokesperson told Inside Line the Trailblazer will not come to the US.

Source: Inside Line Twitter

Press Release is Below

Chevrolet Announces All-new Global Midsize SUV

2011-10-12 - DETROIT – Chevrolet will introduce the all-new, 2013 TrailBlazer midsize SUV in global markets, beginning in Thailand, in early 2012. Built on a new global midsize platform developed by GM do Brasil, the TrailBlazer will combine the hauling and towing capability of an SUV with the ride comfort and efficiency of a crossover. The new TrailBlazer will be unveiled at Dubai International Motor Show, Nov. 10-14.

Not sure I understand why they aren't bringing it to the US. Perhaps they don't think it can compete due to MPG issues?

At the right price point they would have the market for midsize BOF SUVs to themselves.

I think they should at least look into selling the vehicle for commercial buyers.

Oh nearly all their new cars are not coming to the US like the Colorado but in the end nearly all of them end up here in one form or another. I would not rule this one out all together yet.

About the only one that never seems to make it is the Ute.

• Agree 1

Oh nearly all their new cars are not coming to the US like the Colorado but in the end nearly all of them end up here in one form or another. I would not rule this one out all together yet.

You forgot to add the updated sedan (in a Chevy wrapper) and the wagon...

I've always wondered why the ASEAN market got their own trucks and SUVs. Much like the consolidation between NA and European market cars, I suspect we'll see the same for trucks.

This Trailblazer would compete against the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Everest in the ASEAN market.

You forgot to add the updated sedan (in a Chevy wrapper) and the wagon...

I did not forget. The wagon should never had come as it would have never made it more than 2 years. The Chevy RWD Sedan is on the way. It will be V8 only and expensive in limited numbers but once the new Chevy V8 hits it will appear too. Think updated GXP G8 as a Chevy SS sedan of some name. GM people have called it a Camaro SS sedan.

Now I did forget the Orlando but that is a good thing.

Yeah, the good stuff never shows up.

Because the market shows Americans overwhelmingly prefer vanilla (FWD 4cyl automatic sedans in white or silver). :(

Which only holds true until they actually put something interesting on dealer lots (witness Camaro).

And even then the Cruze still out sells it 3 or 4 to 1.

Camino there are some things coming that should interest you and you know it. We have a better Camaro coming, Vette and the RWD V8 sedan. Just time has moved on and you are just not going to get many V8 cars and a lot of RWD in the past. The new rules are forcing them and us into these orange crates and we have to make due with what we have.

It is a matter of time to where we will face a world conflict and gas will spike higher than ever. When that happens GM will be glad to have the 3 cylinders and small engines. They got burned before in the 70's.

The 65 MPG CAFE or what ever crazy number they are looking at is nuts to me too but GM needs a good number of fuel efficent cars to remain viable. The performance cars are only frosting on the cake and GM can live with or without them. GM could not survive with only performance low MPG cars. Like it or not most people just want to get where they are going and could care less about the car they do it in as long as it gets good MPG, is Affordable and is Reliable. It sucks for the enthusiast but it is what it is.

As I have said before the love affair with the automobile for most is over. It is true that the car is an appliance to most and they worry more about having the latest I phone. Just look at their sales last week.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Yeah, the good stuff never shows up.

Because the market shows Americans overwhelmingly prefer vanilla (FWD 4cyl automatic sedans in white or silver). :(

Considering the debut is in Dubai, I suspect Northstar is onto something when he fingers CAFE as the villain.

Good stuff is coming?

When?

After I'm dead?

They've had squat for ages, and that's what they still have.

2014-2015 I assume your health will hold out that long. You will just have to make due with the squat 400+ and 600+ Corvettes, 300 HP 400 HP and 600 HP Camaros for now. If you are open minded enough the ATS and new CTS too. Plus you know as well as I that we have not seen all the big picture yet. We have a Z28 to come and the Holden/Chevy sedan by 2014.

GM can't do it all in just a year or two and they need to get the cars that pay the bills done first as well as the new V8. Once the new V8 is in the Vette the others will soon follow.

Edited by hyperv6
  • Agree 1

Good stuff is coming?

When?

After I'm dead?

2014-2015 I assume your health will hold out that long. You will just have to make due with the squat 400+ and 600+ Corvettes, 300 HP 400 HP and 600 HP Camaros for now. If you are open minded enough the ATS and new CTS too. Plus you know as well as I that we have not seen all the big picture yet. We have a Z28 to come and the Holden/Chevy sedan by 2014.

GM can't do it all in just a year or two and they need to get the cars that pay the bills done first as well as the new V8. Once the new V8 is in the Vette the others will soon follow.

I disagree with the bolded part. The Holden could have come here as a Chevrolet Caprice SS a year after Pontiac was closed (2011) and begun to satisfy those with the money and wants for such a car. EVERY 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP sedan SOLD. Chevrolet certainly could have use that business back in 2010 and 2011 to pay bills, not to mention in 2012 and 2013. Why wait? The Sports Tourer could have also added some needed $$$ to the GM coifers, again it might have been a small amount of sales (5 or 10k per year), but at a premium price and the market to back it cash is cash. And the same could be said for the Holden Ute badged as an El Camino. I totally understand your "they need to get the cars that pay the bills done first" statement, but adding a line-up of vehicles already being produced and sold around the world just makes great business sense. Look at the resale value of '94-'96 Impala SS sedans... there's a market for these vehicles, trust me.

• Agree 2

Good stuff is coming?

When?

After I'm dead?

I disagree with the bolded part. The Holden could have come here as a Chevrolet Caprice SS a year after Pontiac was closed (2011) and begun to satisfy those with the money and wants for such a car. EVERY 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP sedan SOLD.

They *could* have brought it here then, but they had the little matter of a bankruptcy to deal with--bigger issues like survival were at the fore for GM from '08-10.. Also, probably couldn't make a business case for the investment of federalizing them with the potential of low volume of sales.

I'd love to have seen a Caprice here then and the wagon and El Camino version as well.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Good stuff is coming?

When?

After I'm dead?

I disagree with the bolded part. The Holden could have come here as a Chevrolet Caprice SS a year after Pontiac was closed (2011) and begun to satisfy those with the money and wants for such a car. EVERY 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP sedan SOLD. Chevrolet certainly could have use that business back in 2010 and 2011 to pay bills, not to mention in 2012 and 2013. Why wait? The Sports Tourer could have also added some needed $$$ to the GM coifers, again it might have been a small amount of sales (5 or 10k per year), but at a premium price and the market to back it cash is cash. And the same could be said for the Holden Ute badged as an El Camino. I totally understand your "they need to get the cars that pay the bills done first" statement, but adding a line-up of vehicles already being produced and sold around the world just makes great business sense. Look at the resale value of '94-'96 Impala SS sedans... there's a market for these vehicles, trust me.

Bringing the Holden over is not as simple as it appears.

The fact is there is little return per dollar on a low volume 10K unit car vs one that sell 100K-200K. The

The Holden is only held up for the new engine and updates. One it will have more power, More MPG and the improvments will move it away from the Pontiac that GM does not want to stir old memories on right now.

Also add into this the Holden is only going to sell in numbers of 10K unit or less. GM is very concerned about the MPG of this car and plans to limit it because of this. they are not planning all 4 cylinder Malibu's just because they think that is all that will sell. CAFE has the Auto makers scared and it will remain that way unless someone in DC changes things.

Resales is only a reflection of supply and demand. There is demand but there are few of these cars left as few were ever built and many have passed on. Even the G8 prices are up but they never really sold in any great volume by North American standards. Many at GM want to hold the Camaro accountable for 100,000 units per year and this is why so much effort was put into the V6 model to help fill out the remaining sales.

The fact is the V8 will be a very rare engine at most companies and it will not be in anything cheap.

Anymore the goverment standards and monetary issues have really effected on how and what is built anymore. It really reflects in the product as well as the publics interst. While there is still demand for performance cars it is far from what it used to be. The rules of engagment are much more than most in the public sector know. If only building cool cars was enough!

Getting back on topic....the reason it is not coming is three words: The current 'Nox.

It would just eat sales of it......

I think you would be suprised and find the Nox would still easily outsell this. The Cadillac larger RWD AWD SUV failed where their smaller SUV FWD AWD and done much better.

Now I could see it taking Traverse sales. It would provide hauling room but I would hope better MPG than the Traverse. Right now the smaller SUV seems to be a bigger hit. MPG and easier to drive still with good utility.

• Disagree 1

This is the type of vehicle that can win cult status. An authentic SUV... not a cardboard cut-out with pie-in-the-sky EPA mileage numbers that have never been attained by real world customers.

This would sell here to real, honest country people. People who are Chevy fans, not transient customers trading in their CR-Vs.

• Agree 1

I would love a 2 door. I even found a 2 door Jimmy with 2wd and lowered suspension Sunday in like new condition, I loved it. But to be honest I just don't see enough people out there like me that would buy it, too few others that really care for this kind of vehicle anymore. Even Ford move the Explorer over to unibody and it was one of the best sellers at one time but the public even moved away from it.

I would love to see Chevy or GMC take this product and make it a real Grand Cherokee beater. I think if they make it more than just a people mover and make it something that really can go off road they may have a shot with it. Let it do things the present line up can not do.

Even Jeep today has fallen back to do cars like the Compass and Patriot that are more MPG than Off Road SUV.

I really would love to see GMC do a Wrangler beater based on the Unused Hummer concept that was being looked at. The Wrangler is unchallanged and it could easily be out done beccause they would not be hemmed in by traditional things that Jeep has. Also it could be done with small engines to keep the MPG up. Why should only Jeep own this segment?

Lord knows they sold a crap load of Samurai's and Tracker's a few years ago. People loved the cheap small off road vehicles. They were crap but people bought a lot of them.

Edited by hyperv6
  • Agree 1

The fact is there is little return per dollar on a low volume 10K unit car vs one that sell 100K-200K. The

The Holden is only held up for the new engine and updates. One it will have more power, More MPG and the improvments will move it away from the Pontiac that GM does not want to stir old memories on right now.

Also add into this the Holden is only going to sell in numbers of 10K unit or less. GM is very concerned about the MPG of this car and plans to limit it because of this. they are not planning all 4 cylinder Malibu's just because they think that is all that will sell. CAFE has the Auto makers scared and it will remain that way unless someone in DC changes things.

Oh, really? GM sold 38,159 G8s in roughly 13 months with virtually no marketing in a plummeting market. Do you REALLY think GM is going to throttle a market like that to 10K per year? The CAFE excuse don't fly here when you consider most were V6s and got virtually the same MPG as other GM cars.

38K G8s represents about 1.1 billion dollars. That's a lot of money. It certainly didn't cost that much to federalize them. After all, GM seems to have federalized the Caprice for low, low sales volume to law enforcement agencies. I say "seems" because these cars WILL end up in the hands of the public secondhand and because the EPA and safety crazies would have a field day if we had our "boys in blue" in polluting, unsafe vehicles.

In the meantime, GM brings us the Spark... a answer to a question nobody is asking. They federalized that. How many of those are realistically going to sell? Smart numbers? Of course not... because GM will probably bring in 60K+ of these regardless if they have to give them away or not.

Personally, its my feeling that GMNA is still playing the "not made here" card. The G8/Caprice will likely eat the sales of the Impala, and possibly steal some Malibu or LaCrosse sales. GM would sell more cars overall... but the GM's puppetmasters, the UAW, don't want to lose 1 car built under their control, even it if means 50000 more get sold.

• Agree 1

Good news! At least GM isn't giving up on the BOF SUV. Glad to see the TrailBlazer name is making a return, as it had an overall positive reputation (now, will this mean a return of the Envoy???).

I don't think so.. Trailblazer will not come to the US.

The Colorado was said to not be coming to the US either at the beginning.

• Agree 1

Remember guys, the Equinox is going down in size fairly substantially next time around. That will open up some room in the size segment that a Trailblazer would fill.

Plus you can't take an Equinox or Terrain too far off-road without compromising your mobility. They are street-CUVs with AWD to handle weather issues more than they are equipped to handle country back roads and off street driving. Here' where the new Colorado-based SUV will come in handy. Think of the small-acre farmer, landscaper, family outdoor enthusiast that is looking for a true part-time 4WD SUV to haul family, gear and equipment for a weekend getaway. How many Equinoxes and Terrains do you see filling that duty? I see them in mall/shopping center parking lots 90% of the time :lol:

• Agree 1

getaway. How many Equinoxes and Terrains do you see filling that duty? I see them in mall/shopping center parking lots 90% of the time :lol:

90%?!? More like 99%... the other 1% are upside down in a snow-filled ditch.

I never see ANY thing less than real trucks go off road. Having a dirt driveway is not considered off road... which is as far off-pavement I've seen a Equinox/Terrain so far.

getaway. How many Equinoxes and Terrains do you see filling that duty? I see them in mall/shopping center parking lots 90% of the time :lol:

90%?!? More like 99%... the other 1% are upside down in a snow-filled ditch.

I never see ANY thing less than real trucks go off road. Having a dirt driveway is not considered off road... which is as far off-pavement I've seen a Equinox/Terrain so far.

the most off road I've ever seen an Equinox is when they make you park on the grass at the park to watch the fireworks.

Oh, really? GM sold 38,159 G8s in roughly 13 months with virtually no marketing in a plummeting market. Do you REALLY think GM is going to throttle a market like that to 10K per year? The CAFE excuse don't fly here when you consider most were V6s and got virtually the same MPG as other GM cars.

38K G8s represents about 1.1 billion dollars. That's a lot of money. It certainly didn't cost that much to federalize them. After all, GM seems to have federalized the Caprice for low, low sales volume to law enforcement agencies. I say "seems" because these cars WILL end up in the hands of the public secondhand and because the EPA and safety crazies would have a field day if we had our "boys in blue" in polluting, unsafe vehicles.

In the meantime, GM brings us the Spark... a answer to a question nobody is asking. They federalized that. How many of those are realistically going to sell? Smart numbers? Of course not... because GM will probably bring in 60K+ of these regardless if they have to give them away or not.

Personally, its my feeling that GMNA is still playing the "not made here" card. The G8/Caprice will likely eat the sales of the Impala, and possibly steal some Malibu or LaCrosse sales. GM would sell more cars overall... but the GM's puppetmasters, the UAW, don't want to lose 1 car built under their control, even it if means 50000 more get sold.

Ok really! You can't play this game gross profits you play them net profits that is why they do what they do often. 38K is a drop in the bucket for most good selling cars. GM wants to sell Chevys in larger volumes so they can keep the price down. Like stated even the Camaro GM would like to see no less than 100,000 units every year.

The G8/Holden is not a main stream car it is a nich car today and would be hard pressed to make the big numbers, GM knows this and does not hold the pressure on it.

The fact is the general public wants FWD sedans. Most if they have any rear drive want a SUV because for some reason they feel they can not get anywhere in a RWD car. We did for years but the unwashed public are idiots and think they know better. The bottom line is the Impala buyer and Holden buyer are two different kinds of buyers.The Implala is a car that will sell well over 100,00 units and if done right it will sell over 200,000 units something the Holden Chevy would never do even if GM wanted too.

I don't have the numbers to federalize the G9 but the GTO was not cheap. GM's Scott Settlmire told me what all had to be done and how many cars they had to crash alone for the fuel system was staggering.

In the end the new Chevy RWD will be here and will be at least the price of a Camaro SS nearing $40K. It will selling in numbers around 10,000 limited by GM and it will be sold at sticker or better by the dealers. Keeping the numbers low also will create demand that will do GM good as long as the dealers don't make them look bad on mark ups.

Edited by hyperv6

Ok really! You can't play this game gross profits you play them net profits that is why they do what they do often. 38K is a drop in the bucket for most good selling cars. GM wants to sell Chevys in larger volumes so they can keep the price down. Like stated even the Camaro GM would like to see no less than 100,000 units every year.

38K is not bad for a totally new car with NO marketing whatsoever. And keep in mind, even that number is limited, as Holden only had so much spare capacity.

GM doesn't provide net profits per unit, so we can only guessimate that.

Camaro will NOT continue to stay at 100K per year, so I guess that's as good as gone.

The fact is the general public wants FWD sedans. Most if they have any rear drive want a SUV because for some reason they feel they can not get anywhere in a RWD car. We did for years but the unwashed public are idiots and think they know better. The bottom line is the Impala buyer and Holden buyer are two different kinds of buyers.The Implala is a car that will sell well over 100,00 units and if done right it will sell over 200,000 units something the Holden Chevy would never do even if GM wanted too.

Better not tell Chrysler about that. 50% of their car lines are RWD... more when the Viper comes back.

In the era of mandatory traction control, the RWD vs FWD battle is basically over.

People buying a large car want good ride and premium driving dynamics... RWD delivers that.

I don't have the numbers to federalize the G9 but the GTO was not cheap. GM's Scott Settlmire told me what all had to be done and how many cars they had to crash alone for the fuel system was staggering.

G8 vs GTO federalization costs are not able to be compared. The GTO had the gas tank behind the rear end. The G8 always had the gas tank under the rear seats.

In the end the new Chevy RWD will be here and will be at least the price of a Camaro SS nearing $40K. It will selling in numbers around 10,000 limited by GM and it will be sold at sticker or better by the dealers. Keeping the numbers low also will create demand that will do GM good as long as the dealers don't make them look bad on mark ups.

What new Chevy RWD? On Alpha? You think GM is going to build an Alpha Chevy sedan if the target is only 10K? You're insane if you think GM won't pay a small price to bring the Holden here, but will engineer a whole new car for the same lousy 10K volume.

38K is not bad for a totally new car with NO marketing whatsoever. And keep in mind, even that number is limited, as Holden only had so much spare capacity.

GM doesn't provide net profits per unit, so we can only guessimate that.

Camaro will NOT continue to stay at 100K per year, so I guess that's as good as gone.

Better not tell Chrysler about that. 50% of their car lines are RWD... more when the Viper comes back.

In the era of mandatory traction control, the RWD vs FWD battle is basically over.

People buying a large car want good ride and premium driving dynamics... RWD delivers that.

G8 vs GTO federalization costs are not able to be compared. The GTO had the gas tank behind the rear end. The G8 always had the gas tank under the rear seats.

What new Chevy RWD? On Alpha? You think GM is going to build an Alpha Chevy sedan if the target is only 10K? You're insane if you think GM won't pay a small price to bring the Holden here, but will engineer a whole new car for the same lousy 10K volume.

Such creditbility with a your guestimate? How can I argue with that LOL!

The G8 was selling so well at one point I had discounts and rebates advertised here that would have got me into a Loaded V8 G8 GT for $23K. I was looking at around $7K off sticker. They sold ok but they were not hard to find nor were they in such demand that if you wanted one you had to pay sticker or even close. I wish I had gone for it now with their present resale but that is in the past. It is matter of supply and demand. Too few people selling used ones has kept the resale up. If the car was on the market today resale would be $4-$6K less depending on the miles on the car.

The Camaro is up for changes in 2015 already and has had a lot of marketing and a lot of special editions to keep people coming back and the car fresh. They are working hard to make it stay at or near the 6 figure goal in sales. You can argue all you want but GM is the one that stated what they are working to keep production at six figures not me. I even heard it from the F bodfather himself in person on what the target figure was.

50% of Chrysler is RWD because they were controled by Daimler who had no interest in small cars. It nearly killed Chrysler a second time as they so little investment in small FWD cars that dominate 80% of the market. Today Fiat is in a rush to get a fleet of FWD Chrysler models out bases on Alfa's. They rushed the little pile of crap over under the Fiat 500 badge too to get some sales back since they had little to offer.

The FWD RWD battle is over? Time to take a reality pill here bud. There is a place for RWD but it will never be the dominate player it once was. Find a RWD that sells as well as a Camry or even a new dated Impala. The general public for the most is in love with FWD and have been brainwashed to think they can't live without it if they have any kind of snow stability control or not. Hey they are idiots but their money is green, if they want to buy tons of small FWD cars GM take their money all day.

First off where did I say Alpha???? I never said Alpha and you know as well as anyone there at this time no Alpha sedan planned for Chevy. Holden on the other hand is doing a new updated RWD car and Chevy will get a version and will also bring here as it was done as like near all their new cars to be global. The Car for all intents is going to be a modern GXP and a rep from GM has already stated after stating they call it a 4 door Camaro internally. He also stated when ever they do bring it in it will be limited to around 10,000 units due to CAFE ratings. The GXP sold in less numbers and 10,000 $40K units will more than cover most sales per year. It will be the car the Impala will not be RWD and V8 and provide GM the Halo sedan it needs while still covering the volume market with the car most buyers want at a much lower price with the Impala. Again my comment is not any guesstimate but what I saw stated in a statment from GM. He also stated the car has an offical name but would not disclose anything other than calling it the sports sedan and that it was not an Impala.

Enough on the Sedan BS and get back to the Topic at hand here. Though I wonder if GMC could use a short Alpha platform for a Jeep like vehickle? They looked at the Kappa at one time for Hummer so a car based unibody could be in play?

Edited by hyperv6

This front bumper style butches it up a bit. Maybe this tadpole face... but with a goatee, is all this truck needs.<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3AP5KftaUW8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by ocnblu

Just think of a 2-door Trailblazer ZR2 with tires and trim like the show truck in the vid I posted, with 2.8L Duramax Diesel torque and a six-speed manual... :drool:

I think it would be fun but I fear until you add a gas engne, auto and 2 more doors it would never sell well. Also how close in price would it be to a Full size truck once you add all the toys to a model like this?

They have already added a larger cab and auto to the Raptor in the name of sales.

I would love to see a SUV like that but people just don't always want cool cars anymore. It is sad but they more often want a radio that they talk too.

Bring the Tahoe back to its roots. The Tahoe name started as a trim level on the S-10. Bring this new SUV to America as the next Tahoe. Drop the short wheelbase fullsize BOF SUV in favor of this, keep the iconic Suburban as-is. Just make this new Tahoe strictly a 5-seater.

Give this new Tahoe a 2.5L four in base, 2WD trim, and option it up to 2.8L Duramax and 3.6L gas on the 4x4. Make an off-road package available, ZR2... and give us a 2-door version. Don't forget manual transmission availability.

I still see a good number of S-10 Blazer and pickup ZR2s on the road... because people love them and don't want to give them up.

This vehicle is a perfect opportunity to offer something real again in the SUV segment, in a modern size with updated engine and transmission tech.

It could compete with Liberties and Wranglers, along with low-end 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Xterra and Pathfinder... depending on the bodystyle, trim and suspension package ordered. It could also get current Tahoe customers into something more fuel efficient and maneuverable without going all sissy green.

Why does something so good have to be so difficult for GMNA?

Edited by ocnblu

The S10 Blazer was a good vehicle and it was small enough to be appealing to someone who did not want a big SUV while being still big enough fill most of their needs. This is a class where bigger I feel is not always better. If you get too close to the larger SUV why not just get the bigger one. I still feel the ranger did as well as it did even in old trim because it was pretty small and the price was much less. We have a dealer here now selling them dirt cheap new.

I had a Tahoe Package on my S10 and it was a good solid truck. I only wish the 4.3 was better back then. It still had a little shake to it.

Bring the Tahoe back to its roots. The Tahoe name started as a trim level on the S-10. Bring this new SUV to America as the next Tahoe. Drop the short wheelbase fullsize BOF SUV in favor of this, keep the iconic Suburban as-is. Just make this new Tahoe strictly a 5-seater.

Give this new Tahoe a 2.5L four in base, 2WD trim, and option it up to 2.8L Duramax and 3.6L gas on the 4x4. Make an off-road package available, ZR2... and give us a 2-door version. Don't forget manual transmission availability.

I still see a good number of S-10 Blazer and pickup ZR2s on the road... because people love them and don't want to give them up.

This vehicle is a perfect opportunity to offer something real again in the SUV segment, in a modern size with updated engine and transmission tech.

It could compete with Liberties and Wranglers, along with low-end 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Xterra and Pathfinder... depending on the bodystyle, trim and suspension package ordered. It could also get current Tahoe customers into something more fuel efficient and maneuverable without going all sissy green.

Why does something so good have to be so difficult for GMNA?

I love the basic formula here, but I can tell you that a lot of Tahoe buyers don't buy Tahoes because of their off-road or towing capabilities. They buy them because they offer an all-powerful driving position, decent handling considering that they are modern-day land barges, and because they offer a metric ass ton of room. Put that name on a smaller vehicle and it would bomb. Best bet is to hope the Traverse gets moniker reassignment surgery and the Equinox moves down in size closer to its Tracker roots.

I would love a New Trailblazer SS :P

Instead of the v8, this would be a perfect place for a twin turbo v6 AWD solution in Gas or Diesel. :D

Edited by dfelt

Honestly this SUV should go to the GMC and be a direct competitor to the Jeep GC. It can get butch-ified with GMC grille job and let it have the veritable 3.6 DI with the Gen V small block + LS/A V8 to go against the SRT.

As much as I like Jeep it hurts me to see GM not in the segment.

Honestly this SUV should go to the GMC and be a direct competitor to the Jeep GC. It can get butch-ified with GMC grille job and let it have the veritable 3.6 DI with the Gen V small block + LS/A V8 to go against the SRT.

As much as I like Jeep it hurts me to see GM not in the segment.

That is what they really do need.

Imagine a SUV that could handle and run with the other sport SUV's from the other companies. A TT V6 at 430 HP or even a Tubo Diesel version with AWD. The tuners would love that. We already have tuned Cat Dodge Rams out running Vipers in the 1/4. Imagine a GMC with AWD tunner version runing faster than say a Z06.

I think GMC is perfect for this as they are at the right price point to make it possible.

Edited by hyperv6