Cheers or Jeers: 587 Mile 1996 Chevrolet Impala

9 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Fair price for a well preserved specimen!
    • Jeers! That's closing in on new Caprice money!

ALL ORIGINAL WITH ONLY 587 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMMACULATE 1996 IMPALA SS FINISHED IN BLACK OVER GRAY LEATHER INTERIOR. THIS TIME CAPSULE IS PROBABLY THE LOWEST MILE 1996 IMPALA SS IN EXISTENCE WITH ONLY 587 MILES ON THE ODOMETER. THIS IMPALA COMES WITH ITS ORGINAL WINDOW STICKER, OWNERS MANUALS, SIGNED WARRANTY BOOKLET, BROCHURE FROM ORIGINAL SELLING DEALER, WHEEL LOCK WITH IDENTIFICATION CARD & INSTRUCTIONS, TIRE WARRANTY MANUAL, ALL KEYS AND DOOR REMOTES. IN 1996 THE IMPALA SS PACKAGE INCLUDED: 5.7 LITER V8 SFI ENGINE, LEATHER 45/45 SEAT WITH FULL FLOOR CONSOLE, LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL, 4-WHEEL DISC ANTI-LOCK BRAKES, CUSTOM ORNAMENTATION, FULL SIZE SPARE, 17 INCH ALUMINUM WHEELS, ALL SEASON 17 INCH BW RADIAL TIRES, REAR DECKLID SPOILER, DECARBON SHOCKS, HEAVY DUTY COOLING, RIDE AND DRIVE SUSPENSION, LIMITED SLIP AXLE. THIS EXAMPLE ALSO CAME EQUIPPED WITH IMPALA SS PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP (INCLUDES: 6-WAY POWER PASSENGER SEAT, AUTO DAY/NIGHT REARVIEW MIRROR, ILLUMINATED RIGHT HAND COVERED VISOR MIRROR, AND TWILIGHT SENTINEL HEADLAMP SYSTEM) , CD/AM/FM STEREO (WITH SEEK-SCAN, TONE SELECT, DIGITAL CLOCK, THEFT DETERRENT AND FOUR SPEAKERS), AND HEAT REFLECTIVE WINDSHIELD. THIS IS AN ALL ORIGINAL COLLECTORS PIECE WITH NO DISSAPOINTMENTS.

5354795_1.jpg

5354795_8.jpg

5354795_18.jpg

5354795_40.jpg

***********************************************************************************************************

I'm torn between this one and the Caprice I posted the other day. What do you people think?

Cheers all the way, I've always wanted one of these Impalas and if I had the money I'd buy it right now. That thing is gorgeous, looking at this and the new Caprice from that other thread recently, this is why I said the new cars can't hold a candle to the old B-bodies, just look at that Impala.

I'm with Ocn on this one GM went out on a high note and built a real Impala SS for the 3 year run. These cars hold value like only Corvettes do and I'd want to drive the HEll out of it. So Cheers to the SS and drive the HEll out of the Caprice, like salt & pepper both are good choices.

Price is a little steep, but it could gain value over time if preserved. But to spend that much money you'd almost have to drive it all the time, the car is too bad ass to sit in a garage. If only they had 2 for sale, one to preserve and one to drive.

Definitely like this one, but ... not for me. Too much FWD connected to that nameplate.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Promises mean everything" __ Everclear __ 'Wonderful'

That is sweet...looks to be in great like-new shape, but with that low a mileage and as old as it is, I wonder what shape the belts, hoses, seals, etc are in...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Definitely like this one, but ... not for me. Too much FWD connected to that nameplate.

Uh, the FWD Impala came 4 years after this..nothing to do w/ the real B-body Impalas. Does this mean you wouldn't like a '60s-70s Impala or Malibu because the name was later used on FWD models? Sounds hypocritical considering the Monte Carlo became a FWD nameplate also..

• Agree 1