So what is your next automotive milestone...or millstone....

So,got the MINI Cooper S after wanting one for ten years...I've owned the two Tri five Chevies I wanted as a kid (55 two door post and 57 belair hardtop....)...I've enjoyed autocrossing the Miata...I've owned the Mustang fastback I';ve alays wanted...Loved Chevelles, owned two long term...

So what's next for me....?

getting the Miata to a better state of auto cross preparedness....and I think I'd like to build a factory Five Roadster.

Saving money towards that end right now.

What is your next goal, or project? Didn't start this thread to talk about me...I want to hear what's up with YOU!

I think I'm finally going to treat myself to that new Cayman I've been wanting since they came out.

But I'm "between jobs" so it'll have to be the Matchbox version. I'm sure I can still make vroom vroom and squealing tire noises like I did as a kid, so, it'll be real to me, dammit.

• Agree 2

I'll be joining Camino and Balty soon....I've had an itch to pick up some classic metal for some time now. Know what I like, just not sure what I want. Good chance it may be GM metal though. Having nice garage with a space to work on it helps huge... :)

Downside means only one new car...

Obviously, I'm going to save money in the near future while working through college to pay off the future debt I'll incur. Before I do that, however, I'm going to buy another cheap ass Jeep Cherokee. I love the Astra, but just I know I'm going to have Mopar withdrawls and I still have that trademark Jeep itch.

New car in Spring/Summer 2013 (Verano/Malibu/Regal/Year-old CTS or MKZ?)

Long term I'm putting some money aside for something cool, ideally a convertible- maybe one of those 2002-05 T-Birds but not sure yet. This is probably five years away and in parallel with buying a home. Also always keeping my eyes open for a nice D-Body Cadillac which could be a nice cheaper intermediate project to tide me over until then.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

My next goal(s) are my last goals. In other words, finish what I started.

Sounds like a plan...

Obviously, I'm going to save money in the near future while working through college to pay off the future debt I'll incur. Before I do that, however, I'm going to buy another cheap ass Jeep Cherokee. I love the Astra, but just I know I'm going to have Mopar withdrawls and I still have that trademark Jeep itch.

The jeep itch never goes away....

Well, since I bought the '06 Envoy as a GM CPO vehicle two years ago, I plan to pay that off and keep it so that I can finally get the new GMC Sierra I've always wanted (likely a 2015 or 2016 model, regular cab, standard or long bed). This way I have the Envoy for family hauling needs and the Sierra for whenever me and myself or me and up to two others want to go somewhere. The wife now realizes that leasing is the way to go for her vehicle since we put so many miles on it for commuting to work. So the G6 will likely stay in the family as an extra car once paid off (summer '14, if not earlier) and she's going to then lease something small and very fuel efficient for commuting to work. I'd like to say that I will stick to this plan, but if I find a classic GMC or something happens to the Envoy in the process, that will throw a wrench into my plans.

Went to the Toyota dealer yesterday to look at a new potential family automotive appliance. Was there mainly to check out the Prius and Prius v. There were a couple of plug-in hybrid Prii, one for $32k and an upmarket one for $39k. There was also a red Scion FR-S, the second the dealer received. The first was an automatic that already sold. The dealer is selling them for sticker, per Scion practice. The other vehicle I'm smitten with is the Kia Soul, but that isn't being seriously considered.

Incorrigible, that's me. A dreamer. Local dealer has a Sierra 2500HD regular cab 4X4 W/T in dark blue with preferred package (foglights, chrome wheels) and all terrain tires. Power locks, but roll-up windows and a real lever for 4WD. It sits up so high on its springs, it's sexy. It made a wet spot on the front of my pants.

Incorrigible, that's me. A dreamer. Local dealer has a Sierra 2500HD regular cab 4X4 W/T in dark blue with preferred package (foglights, chrome wheels) and all terrain tires. Power locks, but roll-up windows and a real lever for 4WD. It sits up so high on its springs, it's sexy. It made a wet spot on the front of my pants.

C'mon man... :worthless:

Silver Renault Megane Sports Tourer GT Line 1.5dCi (110PS version).

As a lover of hot small cars...sounds like it might be fun!

Yes, but it was mostly a purey rational buy: wagons depreciate less; diesel cars depreciate less... Since I am moving out of a MINI, I picked the GT Line models which have their suspension reworked by Renault Sport :AH-HA: