Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

JULY 2012 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD!!!

What a wacked 30 minutes in Philly, of 2013 spottings. Something odd was going on at Target, or I just picked the high zoot corner.

1) 2013 Cadillac XTS at Target. NY dealer tags. Caramel/Jet Black leather. What a beast.

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_9238.jpg

IMG_8991.jpg

IMG_8891.jpg

2) Coming back out of Target, a Fisker Karma now on the other side of my car.

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_8379.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_9481.jpg

3) Nearing home, a black 2013 Ford Escape. This was one. Then I was behind another on the highway after. Every time I see one, "Humpty Dumpty" comes to mind.

IMG_8359.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

Nice ill-fitting decklid on the Fisker, caddy. Not that it's an expensive car or anything.

New-style Escape in black, first one I've seen that was not waiting fer a buyer.

2 - 2013 GMC Sierras at local dealer, one an ext 1500 4WD, the other a 2500 HD ext 4WD. Good looking color, for sure. Chevy calls it Blue Topaz, the color of the Cruze I had. GMC calls it "Heritage Blue".

Edited by ocnblu

Yesterday (last day of June), saw a Mitsubishi i-MiEV, first on the street for me. Nice looking golf cart. The local dealer was advertising them for about $29K minus about $16K in tax incentives. Saw this at the local Costco today:

imag0919d.jpg

This may be blasphemous to some, but I think a sweet, massive car like the Cadillac above can carry giant rims without looking ridiculous, as long as it isn't lifted. Not sure if any mods were necessary to fit the car above, but it looks good to me. I am against cutting anything to make a rim fit, however.

Aren't those kit car body fits hilarious? :lol:

I never noticed that until the photos and comment. Hmm.

I'm wondering what Mr. Fisker was buying in Target. Then again, who cares. Car looks like a freakish concept in reality then you see license plates and are confused.

Another new Escape today. Robin egg blue/green fully loaded model. Looks much better with largest wheels, but still humpty dumpty from some angles. I think an employee at the Ford dealer near work is now demo driving it.

1960s International Scout, restored, bright red with black top, lifted a bit on black wheels. At the gymnasium parking lot. Sawr kid parking it as I was entering lot. Turns out his dad found it in AK, brought it home and had it redone. Lucky kid getting to drive it.

White pearl Subaru BRZ with temp tags, near our Acura store. 2 days in a row. Love this car, even in white.

...and this might beat out the Verano in my car search for the next car...

Love it also!

Silver BRZ that was parked out in back of the local dealership two weeks ago when I rode through, with a yellow "SOLD" tag on the wiper is still sitting in the same spot, tag faded from the sun. They also got in a dark gray one.

New 2013 Elantra GT with Style package. Gotta say, it's a very spiffy looking machine in all black, with a Euro look to it. The fish grille is at its least offensive in this model, imo. I might try one if I were in a position. I still wish for a new version of the wagon though.

Awesome dark silver Audi A5 3.2 tonight in Philly.

IMG_5733.jpg

Followed by a gold Nissan Altima with a faded tan cloth top (really?), and then a navy blue Subaru SVX coupe. Been so long since I've seen an SVX.

Few more. Brand new Lexus LX470. Very few of these out & about, for obvious price/size/etc. reasons. Look big, old, and heavy tank-like, but also refined. If you wanted something like a Hummer but purring luxury, guess these are the fit. Heavy. And always driven by ladies wearing big hats, in my experience.

IMG_4325.jpg

While cruising across the PA Turnpike Thursday, finally a Milano Red new 2012 TSX Special Edition. We've only ever ordered Silver, White and Black. The new bright red looks great with the darker wheels.

IMG_0743.jpg

Few more. Brand new Lexus LX470. Very few of these out & about, for obvious price/size/etc. reasons. Look big, old, and heavy tank-like, but also refined. If you wanted something like a Hummer but purring luxury, guess these are the fit. Heavy. And always driven by ladies wearing big hats, in my experience.

IMG_4325.jpg

It looks like a Lincoln Navigator that's had a personality-dectomy

• Agree 1

^^And they are ALWAYS driven by middle aged or older women, wearing big hats...at least in Philadelphia. Same for new Land Cruisers I think I've seen 3 of in the past year. Rare big birds. They look antique then you see the keyless access buttons on the door handles, etc.

Checked out some new Subie's this afternoon, fresh off the truck 2013's. Nice changes to the nose and wheels on both the Legacy and Outback.

IMG_7250.jpg

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_8964.jpg

IMG_9571.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

And my antique side by side.

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

The BRZ I wanted to see was gone.

White pearl 2013 BRZ, parked in its spot outside the Chrysler dealer (has to be an employee there), in front of it's BMW 6-series friend. Always together.

IMG_5831.jpg

Then another new 2013 Escape. White, mid level equipped, still in plastic. Looked headed south on dealer trade. They don't look bad, but in anything less than the top level trim, they look odd with plainer trim and smaller wheels. Like a melted Focus on stilts. Adjustment period after 11 years of the small box look.

In action spot.

Standing at the gas pump near our current southwest Philly spot, also across from an intersection, I heard tires squealing and a distinct V6 burble. Turned to see a white 2012 Impala with NY tags and a, hmm, "dude", behind the wheel, front windows down, foot to the floor taking off and turning left. W-body + LFX V6 at full tilt + steering turned left = very confused and scrambling front wheels, and one odd sound. Odd. Roar.

One more! Forgot...

At the Enterprise central hub/lot around the corner from work, a car hauler with 6 new Chevy Sparks. 1 yellow, 2 green, and more importantly, 3 in that very pale pastel pink. All with alloy wheels. Looked good. Drove around & past several times, not sure if any got dropped off there or not.

Saw a black '13 Caddy XTS in the parking lot at Trader Joes a few min ago...saw it from behind and down the side...looked tall and narrow, and the deck is really short. Strange. At the local Honda store, I saw a blue-green '61 Ford F100 longbed on their corner display dais..

<ghastly purple MC donk images>

WHY WHY WHY, THat is a freakin shame! :(

Maybe the owner was a Barney the Dinosaur super fan...

:roflmao: That is a good one I did not think about.

For the 70's lover in us all, this is how a Monte Carlo should look!

24372563.jpg

Yet for what I think is the best looking Monte Carlo ever, this is the car I hope to own some day in my own car collection!

87-Chev-1.jpg

This is the full ad, sadly already sold, but will continue to look and dream till I can buy one some day.

http://www.collectorcarads.com/Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo/34380

Did see a 1985 Black Monte Carlo SS this morning on the way into work. Needed some TLC, but over all was a solid project car, just hope the guy brings it back to it's glory. :)

Good eye as usual, ocn. Didn't show, but it was called out in the hood badge.

The '53-56 generation started the F-100, F-250 designations.

I had a charming '57 F-250 Styleside years back. Had 2 taillights standard, but only 1 was wired/socketed. Still miss that truck.

I couldn't catch a tire size on that mini, but I scrapped an old lawn tractor this spring with larger rubber.