Sign in to follow this  
Intrepidation

New Escalade Gets Slammed

I didn't read but just one paragraph of this article. I commend him for the line about the Esclade entering into sight with a roar, and then the sides and rear are like a meow. The front is attractive, very attractive [if a bit too evolutionary]; and then the sides and rear are so plain. They are dressed up nicely, tailored, and augmented with good touches, but the stylists didn't go far enough. Especially when compared to the new Range Rover supercharged or even the older Range Rover.

If this $60k-and-up SUV had crushed the competition, if the Cadillac Escalade had set a new standard for luxury SUV’s that even Audi’s new Q7 couldn’t top, it wouldn’t even matter if the Escalade sold well.

It does. The Escalade beat the $90 RR Sport in a Comparo, 'nuff said.

And if it was the best vehicle ever built (which it's not), and it sold like crap, then obviously it would matter, because GM wouldn't be making much money on it :rolleyes: At the beginning of the article he said that if it wasn't good (and therefore didn't do well) then it would be the final nail in GM's coffin, so obviously it does matter :rolleyes:

Guest Josh

The Truth About Cars is Faraga, right? He's the one that has the "GM Death Watch: (Insert Roman Numeral here).

It's not hard to put two and two together.

14.8 sec @ 95 mph and he's complaining because it feels slow? I only did the 1/4 in 14.8s at ~94 in my Grand Prix GTP, and it weighs 2000lbs less. How fast is the LX470 that I'm sure he raves about? So now that theres no more 4 speed, he needs something new to complain about, so he says it feels slow. He should stop smoking whatever he's smoking

I am disgusted and embarrassed that I actually read that article.

I am just glad I have never heard of him or his reviews before this.

Small potatoes here....just ignore him. He probably drives some dilapidated POS that he bought in 1980.

yeah, or his dog got run over by a brand new escalade.

maybe he couldnt see over the wheel. who the hell knows.

thats why multiple sources never hurt when making a decision.

What an ignorant, agenda-driven douchebag.

He gave the 270-HP toyota/lexus gx470 4 stars for performance with a 0-60 time of 8.1 (vs. 2 stars for the for the "slow" 6.3-sec Escalade).

Oh, and the live axle in the toyota is "mechanically robust" for the 'rough stuff'... like a single solitary badge-engineered toyota SUV has ever intentionally gone off-road.

I see he's "reviewed" multiple copies of the same BMW models, tho, like there's a shortage of BMW joyrides.

Farago- a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

That site is more of a blog with the comments section removed... it's obviously got a bent. Farago's tone seems consistent for all makes, so I don't mind, and it's not as if he calls the site "the ultimate consumer resource" or something.

hell even BMW and honda (Car and driver) even liked it in its short hand review.

"There's too much media in the world and they just write repetitive stuff. - Regfootball"

Last i checked, 'the truth about cars' wasn't exactly a speck on the map of the media world..i.e. nobody knows who you are idiot sh1t for brains.......

this is another example of people trying to create another outlet for 'journalism' and needing to resort to bashing to try to generate business for themselves.

in other words, i have more respect for the pimples around my ass or the corn in my poop than i have for a thirtieth tier waste of an operation like that.

Edited by regfootball

Didnt Cadillac have side vents on its cars before a Range Rover was invented? And since when has a Lexus LX470 been known as the hotrod of SUVs?I live near a Lexus dealer and I have yet to see an LX be driven off the lot. If the new Escalades are so bad, why did it beat the Range Rover in the May edit of Motor Trend?

either way theyll still be thee coolest luxury SUV

The way to silence these silly know nothing critics is for GM to rebound and to rebound hard.

The press and Wall Street want GM to fail so they can say another American company bites the dust because it could not compete with the Japanese. Well, GM has to do a better job at selling it's good points and not always harping on the bad.

GM needs to make some hard decisions about the long term viablity of each brand and product development.

GM has to move beyond being just a SUV and Truck company to a company that can offer consumers reliable, safe, fuel efficient and technology advanced cars as well as Trucks.

Yeah, Lutz's comments the other day to the Swedish-Americans was very appropriate: damn the media and Wallstreet. What will they talk about when GM's fortunes rebound in 2007?

I would like to see a lot of these guys out of jobs, but I doubt that will happen.

>>"...those side vents. At the precise moment when Caddy’s luxury SUV should swagger into town with unabashed American style, the ‘Slade arrives with its main design cue “borrowed” from Land Rover’s Range Rover Sport...."<<

If anything, the LRRR "borrows" it's main design cue from the '03 Sixteen, which is clearly where the Escalade was drawing from. Thank you.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook