Gobble Spots...November 2012

Another brand new White Diamond XTS on the highway cruising to Delaware. I love these. I eyed his car, he eyed the Regal. I don't care what anyone says, the XTS has a LONG aggressive presence on the road and looks great. I see them often.

IMG_4757.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

Then a Eurovan later this afternoon in PA with very cool unique VW wheels, trailer attached too.

IMG_4199.jpg

Saw a Seattle Crown Vic Police Cruiser T-Boned by a Silver Bug this morning on the ride in on the bus. News says lady was arrested for DUI at 5:30am in the morning :( Both officers were taken to Hospital with injuries. Bug was totaled and the whole side of the Crown Vic was bashed in big time. I think totaled also. She was driving fast.

While I was at the Buick dealer yesterday picking up paperwork for my Regal, my fellow salesman showed me their first new 2013 Enclave in the new Mocha Bronze dark chocolate color (richer and deeper than the Cocoa) with the new also dark brown Cocoa interior. Looked great, with the updated styling and large machined wheels. The new chrome wheels look a bit old and gawdy, the guy who ordered this one picked well. Still odd to see the old GM truck steering wheel in it, and as the sales guy said, "the old GM keys with key and separate remote...just weird". First one ordered...guy is trading a 2009 CTS-V...interesting.

Also earlier in the day, a new blue 2013 Chevy Traverse LT with 10" wheels fresh from PDI getting gassed up. These 2013 Lambda's look just as before, but with new noses and nicer details especially inside.

While I was at the Buick dealer yesterday picking up paperwork for my Regal, my fellow salesman showed me their first new 2013 Enclave in the new Mocha Bronze dark chocolate color (richer and deeper than the Cocoa) with the new also dark brown Cocoa interior. Looked great, with the updated styling and large machined wheels. The new chrome wheels look a bit old and gawdy, the guy who ordered this one picked well. Still odd to see the old GM truck steering wheel in it, and as the sales guy said, "the old GM keys with key and separate remote...just weird". First one ordered...guy is trading a 2009 CTS-V...interesting.

Also earlier in the day, a new blue 2013 Chevy Traverse LT with 10" wheels fresh from PDI getting gassed up. These 2013 Lambda's look just as before, but with new noses and nicer details especially inside.

Probably tired of paying for the premium fuel. I always find it interesting how people complain about premium fuel when they bought a performance auto for that reason. :P

Saw a GTO Orange Goat at the old car show this weekend. It was really purtty! :P

Saw a super clean 96 Suburban on stupid 30 inch rims. Over all loved the Suburban, just hated the rims/tires the person had on it. Was California license plated.

First time on the road...a new 2013 Dart higher trim model, in silver. Nice car, I noted part by the side profile and then the big ring of a taillight as it passed by in the night.

Otherwise, been a while.

Yeah, where are the Darts?? I've only seen one and it was stashed on a car carrier, betwixt some minivans.

Dodge of Tacoma here has been advertising them like crazy for the last couple months and still I see none on the road. Their web site shows a healthy inventory, but unless they are being only driven down in the Tacoma area, they do not seem to have made any dent here in the Seattle area.

A new 2012/2013 Escalade ESV with the special trim, while I was in Wilmington for lunch. These GMT-900 SUV's just have aged so well. Designers did a great job:

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

Then a new 2013 Ford Explorer Sport with the Ecoboost and dark wheels cruising along closer to home:

IMG_6315.jpg

Whoa dude! That Escalade was purchased at my local Cadillac dealer... Kelly Cadillac in Lancaster! That is a wicked trim package.

The revised and integrated dual bumper outlets and more body color trim than chrome REALLY set it apart nicely, vs. the other bling models. Just enough, in a more sinister way.

Also saw a mint green 2013 Ford CMax on the highway today. First one in person, still just as odd tall easter egg as I thought from photos. Interesting car.

Saw a very clean '90-92 Cadillac Brougham tonight, white w/ white top...was next to it at freeway entrance light, drove parallel and behind it for several miles on the freeway, watching it waft along smoothly, Cadillac style..

Passed a Trax on the morning commute today. Looks decent. Should do better than the Buick here given its more affordable price.

Uhm... where are you commuting?

I live in Toronto :)

Ok.. but I don't think the Trax is even in production yet.

Passed a Trax on the morning commute today. Looks decent. Should do better than the Buick here given its more affordable price.

Uhm... where are you commuting?

I live in Toronto :)

Ok.. but I don't think the Trax is even in production yet.

Yeah I was very surprised, not like I was near any GM offices.. Wish I came across it in a parking lot and not going 70 in traffic.

Stopped to look over & talk to the elderly owner of a

1968 Pontiac Catalina hardtop coupe, black Cordova top over med blue, gorgeous blue interior, 47K original miles, 2bbl 400/auto, A/C. Car has a very very few minor issues, but otherwise is in fantastic shape for a survivor. He said he has 3 people interested, and a standing offer of $3500... but he wants to tinker with it some before he's ready to sell. Will be watching this one...

Lot cruising this afternoon:

Cocoa leather inside 2013 Enclave is fantastic. The updates are surgical... spot on! The Cockachino (sp?) color is also attractive.

2013 Fiesta SE hatch... EXACTLY like my dead one, Tuxedo Black with black and blue interior, 5 speed. The fold-down armrest is a welcome change. I would own another one. Now MSRP is $17,990, not sure how much of an increase that is because there was an option package discount from Ford when I bought mine.

XV Crosstreks suffer from "market adjustment" price jacks of $899 at local dealer, he has like 4 pearl white ones, all autotragics. Seems like he sold all the ones in other colors, pearl white seems to have a selective appeal.

Ford C-Max is just as blah as a stinkin' Prius V.

Loaded Verano T with an MSRP of... omg $32,800+ doll hairs. That is exorbitant, imo.

Those are the Euro-Escalade tail lights... Don't really like them... In fact I think they're :puke:

Agree, I like the multiple LED lights, but do not like the chrome bling around them, Very ugly. think it could have been done much better. I do like the bumper integrated exhaust. :)

Over here, both CTS (non-wagon) and Escalade have those clear/to-blingy/cheap-looking tail lights... The SRX has kind of a hybrid between those and the red lenses of US-spec SRX, and the new ATS (at least from the pics of the Autobild comparison with the 328i) has red lenses which look a million times better than the ones on the Escalade pic above.

28,000 miles on this 1978 AMC Concord. 258 six/auto trans. No evidence of Rambler rot. Hood is popped open to the secondary latch because the car was locked at the time.

IMAG0064.jpg

Edited by NeonLX

IMAG0858.jpg

Couldn't get a better shot; people standing all around. The '54 was getting fueled up at the time I snapped this. The ol' Stovebolt sounded like it was idling at 200 RPM.

That baby could so use some TLC and be a freakin amazing truck again.

28,000 miles on this 1978 AMC Concord. 258 six/auto trans. No evidence of Rambler rot. Hood is popped open to the secondary latch because the car was locked at the time.

IMAG0064.jpg

WOW, have not seen one of those babies in a long time.

I'd actually like to buy that Concord. The only issue with it is the reupholstery job on the front seat--they used a cheap velour-looking fabric that didn't match the rest of the interior.

Runs like a champ though.

Following on the C-Max I saw yesterday, today I saw a Chevy Silverado HD with a big decal in the back window that said 'D-Max Mafia'. I wonder when I'll see a 'C-Max Mafia' decal on a C-Max? ;)

(googling turns up that 'D-Max Mafia' is a local club or entity for modded diesel GM trucks).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar