New forum theme/skin I see today..

I like the new interface, clean and enjoyable. I find it interesting that depending on the size of the monitor the front page turns into tiles or on bigger screens shows verbiage about the story. Nice auto change feature.

Yes, simplicity well done. Good job.

One thing - I prefer a little darker background. Drew any plans to have one as an option?

Did you play with the build theme option in the upper left corner? I changed colors to my like with this.

Yes, simplicity well done. Good job.

One thing - I prefer a little darker background. Drew any plans to have one as an option?

Same thoughts here: little darker background would make for a contrast that's easier for the eyes when reading the forums.

Edited by ZL-1

I'm pretty sure we have the most modern theme of any automotive forum.

Currently the theme is customizable where you can change the background and the skin color. There are issues with the skin color customization but perhaps the background color custom color selector could stay? I don't know if one can disabled and leave the other with the software or not.

This update only changed the look of the site. There will be another update that changes the layout of the front page, articles lists, and the articles themselves. I plan to debut that update just ahead of the Chicago Auto Show next month.

what's that last shot?

That Last shot is how the home page looks on my 19" monitor when I put the browser on that screen.

My work setup has two 27" monitors and two 19" monitors. I was surprised to see it completely changes the look of the home page on small screens.

I found it. Before the VNC had a setting buried in the profile somewhere... that has moved/been expanded so the settings are now on the left of the VNC screen itself. Due to screen size, I only saw the top two options... the second option being similar to the old profile setting. The third option 'Other' was set to 'Items I started', and I got the No New Content because I haven't created any forum entry in the last couple days. Clicking that option off, VNC was back.

I previously did not think of scrolling down because I didn't expect to see anything below 'By Time Period'.

Nothing wrong with the layout... I just don't know why the system selected 'Items I Started".

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to say, this new forum, is just amazing. Coming from MT, everything is logically laid out, with finally...threads specific to certain sections of webpage.

It was a little to much at first, seeing just the complexity and simplicity at the same time, but WOW! Amazing!

• Agree 1

I have to say, this new forum, is just amazing. Coming from MT, everything is logically laid out, with finally...threads specific to certain sections of webpage.

It was a little to much at first, seeing just the complexity and simplicity at the same time, but WOW! Amazing!

Glad you're settling in here!