New Baby Jeep Photo - 2015 Renegade!

ocnblu

I like the tall greenhouse, which should give it good visibility... at least to the front, it's got a pretty thick rear pillar. I hope they learned something from the Dart powertrain issues. I'll be interested in reading what kind of powertrain system the Trail Rated version has. Looks like it's got plenty of ground clearance. Need more photos. Is it available in green?

Interesting, sent the pics off to some woman I know that love Jeeps and small CUV's to see what they think about it, will post their responses once I hear back.

I find the engines interesting as posted by CNET

"Rumors point to two available power trains when the Renegade reaches North America: the 1.4L turbocharged engine from the Dodge Dart mated to a six-speed manual transmission and good for 160 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque and the 2.4L MultiAir Tigershark engine and nine-speed automatic combo from the Jeep Cherokee, good for 184 horsepower and 171 pound-feet of torque.

We won't have long to wait for clarification and confirmation. The 2015 Jeep Renegade will make its official debut tomorrow at the 2014 Geneva auto show alongside the new 2.0-liter turbodiesel version of the Jeep Cherokee."

So answer me this, why bother with the 2.4 when you have superior Torque in the 1.4L Turbo? Yea it is turbo'd but everyone says these torque curves are flat so why would you go with the other engine that has less Torque but more Horsepower?

Well I hope it does, because I have not heard particularly good things about the 1.4 in the Dart. Reports of sluggishness with the 2.4/nine speed combo in the Cherokee should be mitigated by the Renegade's presumably lighter weight.

7 inches shorter than a Patriot. 8.7 inches of ground clearance in the factory-lifted Trailhawk model. This thing is like a pitbull pup. I wouldn't get on its bad side! I can't wait to read more about it.

Only thing that bothers me is... we fought against a fascist regime in Italy in WWII with our trusty Jeep. Now, the Jeep brand is OWNED by Italians, and the Renegade will be built there.post-37-0-40707100-1393894116_thumb.png

Edited by ocnblu

i wonder if this will allow jeep to turn into a truly global brand now. I see this thing selling out in both China and the EU faster than you can say Willys-Overland... and yet it's really just a Fiat without the brand name baggage

Not bad. Dorky but better than Souls and Jukes.

If only GM had balls to bring this with raised clearance:

gmcgraniteconcept000.jpg

I am diggin the JEEP, but LOVE this GMC, I agree, someone needs to have balls and build this but with a proper ground clearnce like the Hummer H3 had. That would rock! :metal:

I do love the Renegade with it's classic Brick Look. This throws back more to the classic Cherokee than the current new version. Course nothing like the old traditional Jeep Renegades of past.

The Jeep looks better than any of the Japanese small utes, but I still like the Kia Soul a bit more. The thing I wonder is, Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products are not know for reliability to begin with, and Fiat I believe ranks last in JD Power reliability in the USA, and Fiat is usually one of the worst in Europe also. It is as if they found a way to make a Jeep even less reliable by building it on a Fiat chassis and giving it a Fiat engine.

• Agree 1

I kinda like it. The Jeep purists seem to hate it which means it might actually sell in pretty decent numbers! If the Cherokee can sell what it is selling I see no real reason this thing won't be a hit. The 1.4T engine is not a bad engine. I've driven both a Dart and a 500L with one though both had manual transmissions. I think it was more the DDCT that killed the 1.4T in the Dart than the engine performance itself. I've read conflicting reports on available transmissions with it though. Some have said manual only while others have said the 9 speed will be an available option with the 1.4T. I would think the 9 speed would really help that engine out!

Only thing that bothers me is... we fought against a fascist regime in Italy in WWII with our trusty Jeep. Now, the Jeep brand is OWNED by Italians, and the Renegade will be built there.attachicon.gif1.png

Well, WWII was 70 years ago.. and the Compass and Patriot are on a Japanese platform developed when Chrysler was part owned by a German company..such is the way it is with modern global companies...

The GLOBAL Economy is making it a blurred line of where your auto is built. The bigger question is does the company have what you like and are looking for? Then are you wanting to support local companies or out of country companies.

I personally have never fit into non US built auto's but then at 6'6" tall, who to say that I might not fit in this little bugger if the interior is done right. Wait and see.

In regards to WWII, with a long line of military on both sides, we freed the people in Italy from their Fascist regime. They have no desire to go back to it and it should not dictate if you would buy from them or not.

QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY should matter and Local Support of Jobs.

I personally have never fit into non US built auto's but then at 6'6" tall, who to say that I might not fit in this little bugger if the interior is done right. Wait and see.

What about a Hyundai Genesis? That has more front leg room and head room than any Cadillac or Chrysler 300 or Ford Taurus. It's pretty big.

What about a Hyundai Genesis? That has more front leg room and head room than any Cadillac or Chrysler 300 or Ford Taurus. It's pretty big.

If you have average size body to leg length porportions it is fine. But for me, shorter body, long legs, no one can sit behind me in that car and since the chair cannot go all the way down to the floor I have to be partially reclined to drive without having my head hit the roof.

DEAL BREAKERS.

Nice Car as my brother inlaw from my dads side of the family has one and I was able to ride in it and he loves it. but then again, he is 5'7" tall. Once you go over 6'2", most auto's are hard to fit into.

Nice Car as my brother inlaw from my dads side of the family has one and I was able to ride in it and he loves it. but then again, he is 5'7" tall. Once you go over 6'2", most auto's are hard to fit into.

That's why NBA ballers drive full size SUVs or ride in the back of LWB luxury sedans..

I don't have to worry about anyone riding behind me, but I have noticed some cars where the seat doesn't seem to go back far enough....my sister's '00 DTS for example...I've been driving it the last few weeks (Jeep issues) and find even w/ the seat all the way back and the steering wheel in pretty far I have to recline the seat to get comfortable (6'0", long legs).

That's why NBA ballers drive full size SUVs or ride in the back of LWB luxury sedans..

I don't have to worry about anyone riding behind me, but I have noticed some cars where the seat doesn't seem to go back far enough....my sister's '00 DTS for example...I've been driving it the last few weeks (Jeep issues) and find even w/ the seat all the way back and the steering wheel in pretty far I have to recline the seat to get comfortable (6'0", long legs).

Exactly, that is why all I own is full size SUV's. We just do not fit comfy in cars.

Initial shock and awe is overwith for me. It is a sweet looking little vehicle. However I am scared of Fiats with regard to reliability. One can hope that a Fiat-Chrysler collaboration will result in something good, but I am just not sure. Time will tell. Meanwhile, the Patriot has done away with the CVT in non-Trail Rated versions (my only turn-off regarding my 2012, along with short cruising range and 21 MPG average), opting for a 6 speed automatic or a trusty manual... and the Patriot is venerable and reliable, despite its rough edges.

Edited by ocnblu

• 1 month later...

I like it. I think it's going to sell like crazy. Question is, will it become a girl's car or will guys buy it too?

I can't hate it....it's too cute.

Its also cool enough to win me back into a domestic.

I like it. I think it's going to sell like crazy. Question is, will it become a girl's car or will guys buy it too?

considering I own a cooper s and a miata and that I like this....it will be a chic car!

and its OCN sized too!

so are vintage pedal cars....

Initial shock and awe is overwith for me. It is a sweet looking little vehicle. However I am scared of Fiats with regard to reliability. One can hope that a Fiat-Chrysler collaboration will result in something good, but I am just not sure. Time will tell. Meanwhile, the Patriot has done away with the CVT in non-Trail Rated versions (my only turn-off regarding my 2012, along with short cruising range and 21 MPG average), opting for a 6 speed automatic or a trusty manual... and the Patriot is venerable and reliable, despite its rough edges.

Ocn, so Patriots have gone back to traditional transmissions then? Weird that they would leave the CVT in the Trail rated edition. My sons is trailrated and he has had some issues with the CVT. They should have stayed with traditional transmissions from the start. Not a fan of CVT. They should only be used in cheap subcompact auto's.

Subaru has no trouble with their excellent CVT transmissions, but then Subaru is orders of magnitude better than Chrysler-Fiat in their engeneering and vehicle assembly operations.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

The Jeep looks better than any of the Japanese small utes, but I still like the Kia Soul a bit more. The thing I wonder is, Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products are not know for reliability to begin with, and Fiat I believe ranks last in JD Power reliability in the USA, and Fiat is usually one of the worst in Europe also. It is as if they found a way to make a Jeep even less reliable by building it on a Fiat chassis and giving it a Fiat engine.

Your stoned off of your ass if you like the Kia more than the Jeep here.

Edited by A Horse With No Name