New Baby Jeep Photo - 2015 Renegade!

ocnblu

I like the tall greenhouse, which should give it good visibility... at least to the front, it's got a pretty thick rear pillar. I hope they learned something from the Dart powertrain issues. I'll be interested in reading what kind of powertrain system the Trail Rated version has. Looks like it's got plenty of ground clearance. Need more photos. Is it available in green?

Interesting, sent the pics off to some woman I know that love Jeeps and small CUV's to see what they think about it, will post their responses once I hear back.

I find the engines interesting as posted by CNET

"Rumors point to two available power trains when the Renegade reaches North America: the 1.4L turbocharged engine from the Dodge Dart mated to a six-speed manual transmission and good for 160 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque and the 2.4L MultiAir Tigershark engine and nine-speed automatic combo from the Jeep Cherokee, good for 184 horsepower and 171 pound-feet of torque.

We won't have long to wait for clarification and confirmation. The 2015 Jeep Renegade will make its official debut tomorrow at the 2014 Geneva auto show alongside the new 2.0-liter turbodiesel version of the Jeep Cherokee."

So answer me this, why bother with the 2.4 when you have superior Torque in the 1.4L Turbo? Yea it is turbo'd but everyone says these torque curves are flat so why would you go with the other engine that has less Torque but more Horsepower?

Well I hope it does, because I have not heard particularly good things about the 1.4 in the Dart. Reports of sluggishness with the 2.4/nine speed combo in the Cherokee should be mitigated by the Renegade's presumably lighter weight.

7 inches shorter than a Patriot. 8.7 inches of ground clearance in the factory-lifted Trailhawk model. This thing is like a pitbull pup. I wouldn't get on its bad side! I can't wait to read more about it.

Only thing that bothers me is... we fought against a fascist regime in Italy in WWII with our trusty Jeep. Now, the Jeep brand is OWNED by Italians, and the Renegade will be built there.post-37-0-40707100-1393894116_thumb.png

Edited by ocnblu