El Kabong Checking In

I'm a bit late to the party but I'm the latest arrival from Motor Trend forums. I'm just looking for a quiet place to post stuff without World War III breaking out. Oh, and if the software will let me post and update all new posts that would be a bonus.

For those who don't know me, I'm a GM guy who plays footsies with Mopar. I currently have an example of each in my garage. While I have no issues with brand preference, I consider fanbois to be a plague roughly equivalent to locusts or syphillis. I have no idea how frequent a contributor I'll be because my work schedule is a but hectic and goofy.

Anyways, thanks for having me. So there ya go.

Welcome, Glad to have you here, while everyone is welcome here including the crazy Fanbois, we do love to have an open discussion of the auto industry and welcome your viewpoints. Look forward to seeing your posts and discussing the auto world we currently live in plus the blasts from the past! :D

while everyone is welcome here including the crazy Fanbois

You should take that back... do you know how bad it can get?

Yes, yes I do, yet today I still find myself going back there and continuing to argue with 'Stang.  I clearly must hate myself.

Just wait till you chat with SMK, he is a Hard Core Fruit Punch Drinking Mercedes Benz is better than everyone in the world and can do no wrong even with their garbage FWD appliances that clearly compete with Chevy and Toyota. MB is going down the self destruct road of trying to be everything to everyone just like GM did and we all know where that got them. BANKRUPT! Enjoy his passion! ;)

Yes I do know how bad it can get and if Trolls show up they will find themselves quickly sidelined. No place for Trolling, but for honest open discussions on our passion for the Auto Industry.

Hopefully we will no longer have to find out.

Nice to see ya here. I was wonderin' when you would make your appearance.

About your actually post..."Hopefully we will no longer have to find out."

Casa has the idea to invite Wings over...

He told me straight out that he was not going to listen to me when I said  "NO EFFIN' WAY!!!".

So...there is that...

I dont care who invites who over...I aint the boss of them...but that is a big ....*SIGH*

I

Just wait till you chat with SMK, he is a Hard Core Fruit Punch Drinking Mercedes Benz is better than everyone in the world and can do no wrong even with their garbage FWD appliances that clearly compete with Chevy and Toyota. MB is going down the self destruct road of trying to be everything to everyone just like GM did and we all know where that got them. BANKRUPT! Enjoy his passion! ;)

I don't know, but I'm betting I would still take two of him over a Badstang any day, and I hate Mercedes.

Hopefully we will no longer have to find out.

Nice to see ya here. I was wonderin' when you would make your appearance.

About your actually post..."Hopefully we will no longer have to find out."

Casa has the idea to invite Wings over...

He told me straight out that he was not going to listen to me when I said  "NO EFFIN' WAY!!!".

So...there is that...

I dont care who invites who over...I aint the boss of them...but that is a big ....*SIGH*

It turns out...I may have to return to Grade 1...I apparently  have reading comprehension problems....

Casa will NOT be inviting Wings over...

I repeat....Casa will NOT be inviting Wings over...

Sometimes I could be such a dummy...

:retard:

and...what a RELIEF.

Edited by oldshurst442

Yes I have cooled down since back in the day.. I just have too many good things going on to put people truly in their place. But hey!!! This is a welcome party for my old AWCC/MTForum/CF alumini El Kabong.. YUP YUP!!! 

And yes Olds.. I did say NO WINGS.. NO Badstang.. NO Grand Turismo!!! No Billdeaner!!!  :hissyfit:

Yes I have cooled down since back in the day.. I just have too many good things going on to put people truly in their place. But hey!!! This is a welcome party for my old AWCC/MTForum/CF alumini El Kabong.. YUP YUP!!! 

And yes Olds.. I did say NO WINGS.. NO Badstang.. NO Grand Turismo!!! No Billdeaner!!!  :hissyfit:

:thumbsup:

Yeah... Those guys and TAF are always the problem. I wish Wings would actually contribute his knowledge of engines, because he really does know his stuff in that regard, but he just can't stop being a shill.

Yeah... Those guys and TAF are always the problem. I wish Wings would actually contribute his knowledge of engines, because he really does know his stuff in that regard, but he just can't stop being a shill.

Grand Turismo isn't that bad, he doesn't like Ford or GM equally. I don't know Casa, for a while I could have easily tossed you with the rest of them, but... you've changed and good on doing that.

Yes, yes I do, yet today I still find myself going back there and continuing to argue with 'Stang.  I clearly must hate myself.

Don't worry about it too much.  We have community modding and while I haven't needed to use it often, I'm not afraid of the warn button. 

Don't worry about it too much.  We have community modding and while I haven't needed to use it often, I'm not afraid of the warn button. 

Just the fact that there is a warn button is a huge upgrade.  I think MT had an if you can't beat 'em join 'em button as far as modding went.

• Agree 2

Just the fact that there is a warn button is a huge upgrade.  I think MT had an if you can't beat 'em join 'em button as far as modding went.

Well if someone gets too out of line and I'm not here, the red down arrow on their post votes it down.  Enough people do that and the post gets hidden... 

Conversely, if there is a post you really like, the green up-arrow votes a post up.  Enough people do that and the post gets a gold star.

This system keeps things pretty calm around here and I have to do very little moderation of things. 

• Agree 1

I just checked in there to check my PMs. Zero traffic. The hot thread over there today was some middle-aged man bragging about his fitness regimen.

...yes, I'm pretty sure we all made the right decision.

I'll be honest, your and ccap's posts always make me either laugh, chuckle, giggle or flat out grin.  Thanks man!

Have to ask...was MT that bad. I've heard stuff on other sites, but it sounds like it is getting crazy over there....

Make an account, if you even can, and give it a go. You'll be back after five minutes, guaranteed. 

Have to ask...was MT that bad. I've heard stuff on other sites, but it sounds like it is getting crazy over there....

Make an account, if you even can, and give it a go. You'll be back after five minutes, guaranteed. 

Five minutes is awfully generous, then again, it may take even longer if you're determined to get a comment to actually post.  10 or so attempts to post and a few minutes later you will realize the futility of life and probably need to start taking an anti-depressant, and that's before you read the endlessly trolling posts of the few people that are left there as they battle it out Thunderdome style to be the last man standing.

MT is like CF, without me cursing people out in FULL uncensored and having to click 20X to get a post up. 

I'm here because its a controlled site where we can talk about cars, and as a bonus.. we have great software. Cursing isn't allowed, and thus far I have had little reason to open up on anyone. I will admit one new arrival from there almost got it.. but I think he ignored me so all is good. I won't ignore anyone.. because my skin too think to give a Eff what someone says about me.. my mother.. my kids.. my dog.. or my cars.

I almost feel bad. I glance at the forum and beyond the Wings/Deaner/Stang posting, I see Selfie trying his ass off to keep starting new threads and responding to ones that are up. I invited him over and he said he would give this place a look, but that was over a week ago.

Yeah, I feel a little guilty about the people that have been left behind and are drowning in the sea of the holy trinity's endless trolling without any support, but it's just not worth the effort to get involved.  I'm also very wary to invite anyone else over in case someone troublesome ends up coming.  I like this place and I don't want a bad apple or two to ruin things.

The fun thing is, I can have the software identify anything as a swear word and auto-censor it. 

I would be tempted to have fun with that, just on a whim pick a random word to be declared a swear word for a day and mess with peoples' heads.

Wow, that's bad! I've been of plenty of sites over the years.....seen some crazy trolling. Some of my faves though were off of my old J body site (Jbody.org) made some great cavalier stories.....lol.

Now I'm kinda tempted to try just to see.....

Cursing isn't allowed? That's news to me....  I say Barbara Streisand all the time!

Dick piss f@#k $h! cocksucker motherf@#ker bitch hell tard twat

Just a test.

My favorite:

Ch#$r%*et

;)

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"There's things goin' on make me mad down to the core" __ Charlie Daniels __ 'Simple Man'

Lol..yeah.. give it a shot. :banghead: