2015: Buick LaCrosse FWD 1SL (Leather) or Chevrolet Impala 2LTZ?

2015: Buick LaCrosse FWD 1SL (Leather) or Chevrolet Impala 2LTZ?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. If you were buying, which 2015 would it be: Buick LaCrosse FWD 1SL (Leather) or Chevrolet Impala 2LTZ?

• 2015 Buick LaCrosse FWD 1SL (Leather)
    • 2015 Chevrolet Impala 2LTZ

Impala. I prefer the exterior design, and it has a bigger trunk and slightly more interior space. Despite that, it also weighs less.

The advantage for the Lacrosse is that the V6 comes with hi-per strut FWD, which I'd love to have on my Malibu. Less torque steer, better handling, grip, and steering feel. Higher trims also have an active damping suspension (I don't think it's magnetic ride, though).

I'd go with the Impala as well, unless this was your only car and needed to squeeze every last bit of enthusiast fun out of it. By the sounds of it, that's not the case.

I don't know what the roads are like in your area but if possible I'd try and get the 19" wheels on the Impala rather than the 20s.

Wife really wants a new Buick LaCrosse, while I'm more into the Chevrolet Impala.  Which would you choose, and why?

As an Impala owner I will simply say that Trunk space (advantage Chevy) and Quiet Tuning (advantage Buick) are true determinants. I love the extra luxury feel of the Lacrosse.. and the update did the styling upscale IMO.. the Impala is beautiful, and I never get bored of people saying it to me.  

Personally I would go Lacrosse.. but AWD. Not to mention.. Happy Wife means Happy Life.. or so I'm told.. and do my best to still keep the ExWife happy

How much longer can you wait... there is a new Lacrosse coming and that either means 1. Cheap closeouts on the existing model 2. The wife likes the new model even better.

I like the Impala.. a lot... I think it is one of the best cars in the segment, but I like the Lacrosse a little bit more.  It has a bit more luxury feel in the intangibles... it just seems to roll down the highway better and smoother (GM is using better wheel bearing in higher end models now, don't know if that applies to LaX though). 

But the question I have back is this: If it's going to be primarily your wife's car, why not let her pick it out?  You'll hear about it a lot less over the years and it sound like no matter which way it goes, you're going to get a great car. 

Edit: I just turned a rental LaCrosse in about an hour ago after a week and I really enjoyed it. 

Thanks, everyone.  I just wanted to see what the masses here were weighing in with.  I'm not surprised to see the great comments about the Impala, but intrigued to see the support for the LaCrosse.

Drew, we are in no rush at this time to replace her '08 Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan.  Having the new GMC Canyon though shows her just how outdated her 7 year-old car is :P  And the fact that when I got the Canyon we had a LaCrosse loaner overnight while my tonneau cover was installed - she put over a 100 miles on the Buick and loved every minute of it - all signs point to her to wanting a new vehicle soon.  Personally, I like the luxury feel/look of the LaCrosse, but the styling of the Impala is the hands down winner here (truthfully, we both love the Cadillac XTS but that's going way above our price range).  She's aware of the new 2017 LaCrosse, and with the way she wants the 2015 LaCrosse equipped and dealer inventories of said-model dwindling, waiting for the 2016 model may be the route we go.

However, it all depends on the upcoming 4th of July incentive push Buick makes  ;)

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Thanks, everyone.  I just wanted to see what the masses here were weighing in with.  I'm not surprised to see the great comments about the Impala, but intrigued to see the support for the LaCrosse.

Drew, we are in no rush at this time to replace her '08 Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan.  Having the new GMC Canyon though shows her just how outdated her 7 year-old car is :P  And the fact that when I got the Canyon we had a LaCrosse loaner overnight while my tonneau cover was installed - she put over a 100 miles on the Buick and loved every minute of it - all signs point to her to wanting a new vehicle soon.  Personally, I like the luxury feel/look of the LaCrosse, but the styling of the Impala is the hands down winner here (truthfully, we both love the Cadillac XTS but that's going way above our price range).  She's aware of the new 2017 LaCrosse, and with the way she wants the 2015 LaCrosse equipped and dealer inventories of said-model dwindling, waiting for the 2016 model may be the route we go.

However, it all depends on the upcoming 4th of July incentive push Buick makes  ;)

XTSes depreciate rapidly. you can get a certified pre owned one cheap

• Agree 1

I personally prefer he Impala's styling and interior better than the Lacrosse's. Especially in LTZ trim.

However, Drew and Casa made very solid points concerning both vehicles and when to buy them...The Lacrosse makes a case for itself when the  new one is out...heavy discounts on this generation...cant go wrong with that.

XTSes depreciate rapidly. you can get a certified pre owned one cheap

beat me to the punch.  i think some nice CPO XTS are out there now and not terribly priced.