• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Cmicasa the Great

2016 Cadillac CT6 "Order & Reference Guide; Official Weights Published

Cadillac-CT6-side-3-4.jpg

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2016&addOptions=true&regionID=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=18703&section=specs&pagenum=2&butID=9

2.0T Base RWD: 3,647 lbs.
2.0T Level 1 RWD: 3,683 lbs.
3.6L Level 1 AWD: 3,925 lbs.
3.6L Level 2 AWD: 3,961 lbs.
3.6L Level 3 AWD: 4,040 lbs.
3.0TT Level 2 AWD: 4,085 lbs.
3.0TT Level 3 AWD: 4,165 lbs.
3.6L Platinum AWD: 4,261 lbs.
3.0TT Platinum AWD: 4,385 lbs.

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

I know it won't be a big seller, but the curb weight for that base model is just insane.

Also, what's up with the TT drivetrain weighing so much more than the 3.6? I guess updated transmissions, turbos, and intercoolers all add up.

Edited by El Kabong
  • Upvote 1

It's a nice car, I just hope they can get the waves out of the bodywork.  The F-150 is wave city.

I know it won't be a big seller, but the curb weight for that base model is just insane.

Also, what's up with the TT drivetrain weighing so much more than the 3.6? I guess updated transmissions, turbos, and intercoolers all add up.

3.6L Level 3 move up to 3.0TT Level 2 is 45lbs... the 3.6L Level 2 to 3.0TT Level 2 is 124lbs. . I'm thinking the intercoolers and possibly a different type of exhaust system. 

Platinum model is automatically STANDARD Active Chassis Package, includes Magnetic Ride Control, (QP1) 20" all-season tires, (RQA) 20" x 8.5" ultra-bright machined aluminum multi-spoke wheels with Manoogian Silver pockets and (NYS) active rear steering

Also Quad Zone Climate Control employs a secondary full-HVAC system which incorporates an ionizing air purification system.

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Upvote 1

Agreed. That base weight(which will never really sell because there are always options added) is fantastic. I need to see how big this is in person to really get a grasp of how big to how light it is though.

My guess is the same you said for the twin turbo motor. They have to add quite a bit of materials and OEM materials for things like that aren't usually the lightest because they're made to last. I'm excited to read/hear about both new 3.0tt setups from Detroit.

the 2.0t rwd i would enjoy a lot, just sucks that i live in a winter state that makes it impractical to own rwd cars as a primary vehicle.  But 3700 pounds and with the size it is, the 2.0 will move it nicely and i bet it handles great.

1 year after intro there will be a base or level 1 2.0 CT6 rotting on the showroom floor because everyone will buy the v6, and then it will be nicely discounted.

I guess I won't have won the lottery by then anyways.

I still don't get why AWD is standard above the base model. It's clearly adding a solid 200 lbs. The 3.0T RWD would be an outstanding driver's car, like a 1-size bigger CTS Vsport.

Most likely there is gonna be a Chevy or a Buick getting the Platform without it standard by 2018. I also think Cadillac's intent.. was to bring to the table a complete system without really charging for it to one up most of the competition 'sides Audi. It should be noted that the AWD system being showcased in the CT6 is  Sport mode = 20/80 front/rear Tour= 40/60 Snow mode= 50/50

Nearly 4400 lbs is porky, but honestly, who cares in a loaded up car like the Platinum level.  Everything you add, adds weight.  Ask anyone who has stripped a car to lose weight.  Bigger brakes and wheels all around alone add plenty of poundage.  

I hope Cadillac prices this thing wisely, considering their recent blunders.

• Downvote 1

Not surprised at all by the final weights.  I always said the TT V6 would be over 4,000 lbs, and with the options it is over 4,300 lbs.  Getting awfully close to the bigger, V8 S-class in weight.  And 4,300 lbs is about what a 6-cylinder 7-series weighs.  So this huge weight advantage isn't really there when you compare similar models.    The base model is low weight, but it has no options or tech and a 4-banger, and no one will buy it anyway.

Edited by smk4565
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cadillac-CT6-side-3-4.jpg

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2016&addOptions=true&regionID=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=18703&section=specs&pagenum=2&butID=9

2.0T Base RWD: 3,647 lbs.

2.0T Level 1 RWD: 3,683 lbs.

3.6L Level 1 AWD: 3,925 lbs.

3.6L Level 2 AWD: 3,961 lbs.

3.6L Level 3 AWD: 4,040 lbs.

3.0TT Level 2 AWD: 4,085 lbs.

3.0TT Level 3 AWD: 4,165 lbs.

3.6L Platinum AWD: 4,261 lbs.

3.0TT Platinum AWD: 4,385 lbs.

Damn, that looks sharp in black!

Nearly 4400 lbs is porky, but honestly, who cares in a loaded up car like the Platinum level.  Everything you add, adds weight.  Ask anyone who has stripped a car to lose weight.  Bigger brakes and wheels all around alone add plenty of poundage.  

I hope Cadillac prices this thing wisely, considering their recent blunders.

The only car that was woefully mis-priced was the ELR. Also, the weight is less than the industry average for this class of car. Not sure where one even gets the notion that it is "porky".

Not surprised at all by the final weights.  I always said the TT V6 would be over 4,000 lbs, and with the options it is over 4,300 lbs.  Getting awfully close to the bigger, V8 S-class in weight.  And 4,300 lbs is about what a 6-cylinder 7-series weighs.  So this huge weight advantage isn't really there when you compare similar models.    The base model is low weight, but it has no options or tech and a 4-banger, and no one will buy it anyway.

Then actually compare those "similar" models because it is less than the competition. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Upvote 1

A RWD S550 weighs 4600 lbs. C&D tested an S550 4matic coupe that weighed 4760 lbs. The A7 is the hatchback version of the midsized A6. If you measure up to the more appropriate A8, the base model weighs 4460 lbs. The V8 powered A8 with 420 hp weighs over 4600 lbs compared to the CT6 3.0T with similar power and 4300 lbs.

So no, you're wrong.

• Upvote 1

Excellence of execution always gets some folks' backs up.

Bottom line: this car is gonna scare the competition, right out of the box. No need to wait for Gen 2 or Gen 3 before it gets serious, no need for caveats.

GM is on the warpath, and they are not letting up so the conpetition can catch a breath.

A RWD S550 weighs 4600 lbs. C&D tested an S550 4matic coupe that weighed 4760 lbs. The A7 is the hatchback version of the midsized A6. If you measure up to the more appropriate A8, the base model weighs 4460 lbs. The V8 powered A8 with 420 hp weighs over 4600 lbs compared to the CT6 3.0T with similar power and 4300 lbs.

So no, you're wrong.

He's not even close.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4,150 lbs for a long wheelbase Jaguar XJ with a 470 hp supercharged V8. And they didn't quite dethrone the S-class did they.

• Upvote 2

4,150 lbs for a long wheelbase Jaguar XJ with a 470 hp supercharged V8. And they didn't quite dethrone the S-class did they.

Doesn't have to since it does not compete with the S Class in the first place. That's for the future CT8. Not sure what you're getting about that.

Um at what point is 4385 "awfully close" to a 4785 lbs S550? That's a 400lb difference

• Upvote 1

An S400 all wheel drive with a 3 liter TT V6 which is sold elsewhere around the world is 4,189 lbs to 4,398 lbs. Depending on wheelbase length and options. That is fairly close to the CT6 weight. But the Jaguar and Audi have weighed less than the S-class for years and it did nothing for them.

I think maybe the CT6 will line up better with the Maybach E-class, currently in testing.

So no, you're wrong.

This isn't supposed to be an A8/S Class/7 Series competitor though, according to Cadillac. This is sligtly smaller along of the lines of the A7/CLS/6 Series.. right?

Motor Trend did a 2013 S7(AWD)/6 Series Gran Coupe xDrive/CLS550 4Matic comparison test and they weighed the following...

S7: 4435lbs

6 Series Gran Coupe xDrive: 4603lbs

CLS550 4Matic: 4318lbs

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1304_audi_s7_bmw_650i_gran_coupe_xdrive_mercedes_benz_cls550_4matic/viewall.html

Knowing how comparison tests always involve basically loaded up test cars I have to believe those would be compared to the top of the line CT6 as well :3.0TT Platinum AWD: 4,385 lbs.

Edited by ccap41

So no, you're wrong.

This isn't supposed to be an A8/S Class/7 Series competitor though, according to Cadillac. This is sligtly smaller along of the lines of the A7/CLS/6 Series.. right?

Dimensionally, the CT6 is the size of the standard wheel base A8 and 7 series, which they don't sell in the US. I assume that's a bit larger than the A7/CLS/6 Series GC. Even so, we're still looking at near-lowest weight in this reduced-size competitive set. I'm foggy on a lot of things Cadillac was targetting with the CT6 at this point because I was praying for the Elmiraj/Ciel and got the crying CTS face.

An S400 all wheel drive with a 3 liter TT V6 which is sold elsewhere around the world is 4,189 lbs to 4,398 lbs. Depending on wheelbase length and options. That is fairly close to the CT6 weight. But the Jaguar and Audi have weighed less than the S-class for years and it did nothing for them.

I think maybe the CT6 will line up better with the Maybach E-class, currently in testing.

We are clearly talking about cars sold here. As such, the S class is way heavier than the CT6, which (again) it will not compete with. A base model S550 weighs in at 4630 lbs.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.