The What Would You Buy Instead Thread- New Audi TTS

So, in the interest of spicing things up around here, I'm bringing over one of my thread ideas from MT. The premise of this is I take a review of a new model, and then give you roughly the same amount of money to either buy that car, or something else, so long as it exists in roughly the same realm. In other words, if it's a sports car in question, you can't chose a Jeep. Similarly, if it's a truck, you can't take a luxury sedan.

So today we'll focus on the new Audi TTS. Car & Driver just posted up their review here- http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-audi-tts-test-review- for those interested. Seems like a pretty sweet package, though the TT has never been for everyone.

The tester rang in at $59,100 w/ a base price of $52,825. So you have within 10% of this cost to spend on a car that is relatively similar. Some sports coupe, sporty lux coupe, etc, etc. So you have to spend a minimum of $47,545, but no more than $65,010. The car must also be new.

So again, you have $47,545-65,010 dollars to spend on a new sports coupe of some sort. Have fun.

Camaro ZL1 isn't currently available so is off limits. We have no pricing details, anyway.

There is no new CTS-V Coupe.

We'll my local Cadillac has a few unsold CTS-V coupes still, lovely but yes they are new but not current year. Do we have to stay new with current year?

Just trying to figure out the game.

Think I'd do a Shelby GT350R. 

A lightly optioned 718 Boxster would probably be close second.

Camaro ZL1 isn't currently available so is off limits. We have no pricing details, anyway.

There is no new CTS-V Coupe.

We'll my local Cadillac has a few unsold CTS-V coupes still, lovely but yes they are new but not current year. Do we have to stay new with current year?

Just trying to figure out the game.

Yes, sorry I should have specified there. Must be most recent MY of that vehicle on sale. Also must have official pricing.

^ dfelt, dfelt, dfelt.... sporty coupes!! 

LOL, When your 6'6" tall 300lbs, the SS is a sporty coupe to me! ;)

OK, then I have to copy El Kabong

Challenger Hellcat Plum Crazy.

post-12-0-80890700-1457725720_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-70858200-1457725719_thumb.jpg

Course being a UW Dawg Fan Purple is my colleges Color! :metal:

That might be the best color for that car. I was amazed when I saw it in the showroom.

Love the Matt REAL HOOD VENTS hood upgrade on this car. It really makes it rock. :)

• Agree 1

Keeping it in the class, a BMW Z4.  This is one of the rare instances where I like the BMW interior over the Benz.

Keeping it as a coupe - ATS 3.6 AWD Premium - black with red interior

OR I can get a Stingray 2LT convertible for $64,800 - again black with red interior.

^ dfelt, dfelt, dfelt.... sporty coupes!! 

LOL, When your 6'6" tall 300lbs, the SS is a sporty coupe to me! ;)

OK, then I have to copy El Kabong

Challenger Hellcat Plum Crazy.

attachicon.gifPlumCrazyHellcatFront.jpg

attachicon.gifPlumCrazyHellcatBack.jpg

Course being a UW Dawg Fan Purple is my colleges Color! :metal:

Hahahaha good point! I guess being a lil fella at 5'8" everything is a sedan to me! 

That's one gnarly car and I LOVE that color! 

Hellcat is awesome, it's just too big and heavy for my liking. Dealer down the road from me has a white and purple Hellcat both, and they look sick.

The Hellcats are awesome to look at, awesome to listen to, but not so awesome to drive in anything but a straight line.   Comparatively speaking, they are a real handful. Driven back to back, they have grip issues that other cars of similar power just don't have. You could take a CTS-V out on the track and it will perform to its own extremes without leaving you white knuckled. 

Hellcat is awesome, it's just too big and heavy for my liking. Dealer down the road from me has a white and purple Hellcat both, and they look sick.

The Hellcats are awesome to look at, awesome to listen to, but not so awesome to drive in anything but a straight line.   Comparatively speaking, they are a real handful. Driven back to back, they have grip issues that other cars of similar power just don't have. You could take a CTS-V out on the track and it will perform to its own extremes without leaving you white knuckled. 

I can second that. I drove one last year at Chrysler's Proving Grounds and while it is an addictive engine note, it is a handful on corners. I drove the Hellcat Charger back with a Scat Pack Charger, and felt more comfortable in the Scat Pack on the handling course.

To answer the original question, at first I was thinking ATS-V coupe. But with a base under $63,000, it doesn't leave me any room for options. So I would go with the ATS coupe in Premium with the turbo 2.0L and manual; performance brake package, and sunroof which brings me to $53,000.

If I want a roadster - then I would go with the 718 Boxster which would bring me to just over $64,000 the way I would equip it.

Ive seen a couple of posters that have chosen Challenger Hellcats.

Id like to join that group of people...MOPAR rules!

Sublime or Jazz Blue for me.

Hellcat or Scat Pack. Either or.

2015-dodge-challenger-frontside_dochalsr

2015-Dodge-Challenger-0330864.jpg

Although  that Cadillac ATS-V that Casa posted looks damned good too...

Edited by oldshurst442

If I lived in the city in the future and it was all about the looks and the sounds, and the feels (with epic driving) then this and absolutely this in this paint:

Around $55k with GT350 w/ tech package.

8S6C9203-X3.jpg

Now the problem is that if I didn't live in the city in the future then I cannot configure a Camaro as of yet in that price range for the rulez...

So I can only satisfice.

So I loaded up a Cadillac ATS 2.0T with a glut of options. $55k on the dot, 2.0T Kona Brown leather w/ aluminum trim option. It looks slick I tell ya.

77501-cadillacatsc-9.jpg

I'd like to throw out an honorable mention for myself.. 

Jaguar F-Type Coupe, Manual, RWD, $62,995 and I'd have the wheels powder coated black probably with the extra money(if that's allowed). I don't think there would be any way I could choose a 340hp supercharged V6 over the GT350's 5.2 and 526hp but I absolutely LOVE the looks of the F-Type Coupe so I had to give it some props..

0E8C2639-6657-4929-A183-0710E7083623_zps

04BC1552-812B-46EC-8E4A-F1739A6CA2DF_zps

63237444-9DF6-47FF-BDB2-846C1F4BA978_zps

• Agree 1