Which should GM produce?

Which G6 GXP should GM produce?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which G6 GXP should GM produce?

• 2004 SEMA
    • 2006 NYIAS

The G6 GXP I would like to see would have a 300hp supercharged DOHC 3.6-liter HF V-6, 6-speed OD manual or TAPShift-neither concept last I checked had the proper engine, or it wasn't powerful enough.

Neither.

The black one is way too over the top, and the orange one would just blend in with all the other G6s by now. That said, if GM HAD to produce one, I might say the black one sinse the orange one isn't differeniated enough and the black one is bold, and bold seems to be in now.

Well... neither one really excites me. One is rice, one is too bland and unfinished looking. I think a mix of the two would be best, somehow. Remove the rice, remove the bland, add the aggression, add the sport. That means... no ricey spoiler, but no base spoiler... hood scoops, but not as aggressive... no big grill, but still aggresive... Otherwise, I'd keep the wheels from the NY GXP, take the mirrors from the 06 Malibu (no black outline), use a more aggressive rear fascia than either, do something with the taillights and headlights, and use a Turbo HF V6. Oh... and updated the interior for once. The center stack ruins the whole design.

The orange one, please...

The black one looks like GM was trying to copy a Porsche 911, a Nissan 350Z, and an Infiniti G35, among other things. The grille looks like it's sagging, and I personally think that the G6 sedan looks better than the coupe and convertable (less bloated). The sedan looks good from the back angle, but GM needs to make the GXP models look less like a tuned-over stock model. I hope there's something more than the 3.9L unit under the hood (maybe the supercharged 3800 from the old Grand Prix GXP?) Also, what about a new name? The alphanumeric scheme is getting a bit old...

not much of a choice for me really, the orange 04 sema.

im guessing the purpose of the black concept was to see if attracted the younger import shopping segment. they basically said that was the point to guage reaction, however its a bit much. maybe thats what they need, though.

its a little funny in a way, the excitement division produced an outlandish concept, wild in every way that most gm cars arent and they get panned by a lot of people.

this is why they must be tearing their collective hair out.

what do you want...just tell me what you want.!!

they should just do like the germans do and tell us what we want then sell it, however and whatever it takes. they seem to get by ok, even with all the criticism.

Oh yeah-couldn't see the sedan photos yesterday. My vote is for neither-they're both boring.

The orange GXP....hands down.

Yes... the black coupe looks like a riced out Infiniti G35 coupe

wiht the face of the scream mask...

you know from that Belgian painter, Munch.

http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/munch/munch.scream.jpg

or even more so the Scream mask.

Posted Image

Thias makes the black one kind of weird, butr that's

not always a bad thing,I donno....

Gee, it's like picking between two wallflowers at the school dance... one's pretty plain looking and the other has buck-teeth and huge nostrils... :lol2:

I think the orange one with more agressiveness and a powerplant to match would make a nice sleeper. The black one? Well, as I mentioned a few weeks ago, the black one is so ricey that I'll bet it runs on Soy Sauce and uses Wasabi as motor oil...