William Maley

New York 2018: 2019 Cadillac XT4 Kicks Off A Product Renaissance: Comments

Taken by our very own GMTG74 at the NYIAS.  Looks good!

30261977_10213224177452972_637746177520959488_n.jpg

The Impala name could live on as a crossover, if it trended in the direction of this (but was far better looking)

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-bmw-640i-xdrive-gran-turismo-test-review

image.png

On 4/7/2018 at 5:27 PM, ocnblu said:

Taken by our very own GMTG74 at the NYIAS.  Looks good!

that xt4 has a similar rear end to the missabushy

30261977_10213224177452972_637746177520959488_n.jpg

image.png

Edited by regfootball

OMG Reg... you are totally right, too... so sad... how far the mighty have fallen...  :(

image.png

The SIGNIA ^^^^ would have been a great hearse

I miss my old aztek  cadillac should BRING IT BACK  there's a touch of this in the XT4

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by regfootball
  • Like 1

oh cmon, you don't think the concept aztek influenced Cadillac Art and Science design?  HAHA

• Haha 1

The Aztec was too far ahead of its time. At the time it was ugly.  But I think time has done it justice. It aint as ugly or weird to look at anymore. Especially when Chevrolet styles its cars that same way today. 

Image result for chevy malibu

It all start it 2009 with a good looking Malibu...

Not that the 2018 Malibu is not good looking, because it is...

Image result for 2009 chevy malibu

But let's be honest now...

Image result for 2018 Equinox

Especially on the Equinox, where the Bow Tie resides, and its very prominent in the 2009 Malibu, but we say that the 2009 Malibu was a sharp looking car...

'02-'05_Pontiac_Aztek_(Montreal_Police).

That Aztec look that was sooooo weird to us now has become the norm with the bigger radiator grille openings being below another set of smaller radiator openings separated by a bar...

And Chevy even stuck a Bow Tie on top the way Pontiac did it with the Aztec on the latest generation Equinox...A crossover...

Wasn't  an Aztec a crossover too? The thing is an Aztec was a minivan based crossover rather than a car platform...

But look...the Montreal Police used an Aztec as a police car???!!!

YEAH! JUST like how we have this:

Related image

And I dont think Arts and Science REMOTELY resembles what the Aztec was doing.

What the Aztec was doing was...out-RAGEOUS

Image result for Pontiac Rageous

Just a tad less Trans Am-y and more mini-van-y.

And the Sport part of the SUV moniker was redefined for more of an outdoorsy vehicle rather than a track vehicle.

Related image

Image result for aztek pontiac

And the name fit it quite well I think...

Related image

I see Aztec art in the Pontiac Aztek.

Aztec art is not as easy flowing  like we are accustomed to from classical Greek art. Its aggressive in nature. Its rough.

Its different than what we are used to. But beautiful non the less. And ,like I said, Chevrolet has adopted Pontiac Aztek styling. Therefore the Pontiac really was not that bad.

Related image

Image result for aztec art

Edited by oldshurst442

1 hour ago, regfootball said:

oh cmon, you don't think the concept aztek influenced Cadillac Art and Science design?  HAHA

Uhh; NO.

I also see no more association between the XT4 and whatevs Mitshubishi above, and just about any other of a dozen SUVs- there's just not a lot of great differentiation in profile here.

Then again, I do understand what a 'rebadge' is. ;)

• Haha 1

Cadillac is taking PreOrders on the XT4 Luxury Edition and offering a nice Lease deal.

$309 dollars a month.

XT4-PreOrder.jpg

4 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

How are you?

I am at a total loss on this. Is there something wrong with me? :P

Drugs are bad m'kay?

I have no recollection of posting that. I was looking at the thread because the price interested me. I don't think I even used that phrase this morning to anyone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Drugs are bad m'kay?

I have no recollection of posting that. I was looking at the thread because the price interested me. I don't think I even used that phrase this morning to anyone.

It was your evil Twin that posted it then. :P 

I agree that the pricing is very enticing for the XT4 lease.

30 minutes ago, dfelt said:

It was your evil Twin that posted it then. :P 

I agree that the pricing is very enticing for the XT4 lease.

That's less than I paid for my Encore lease.   I get the Honda back from the body shop today (had a bad hinge replaced) and then it's getting cleaned up and going on Craigslist and Auto Trader.

• Upvote 1

Is Cadillac putting something like Leatherette in their base models now?  The "Premium Luxury" adds leather seating surfaces (one trim level up from the base "Luxury").

33 minutes ago, frogger said:

Is Cadillac putting something like Leatherette in their base models now?  The "Premium Luxury" adds leather seating surfaces (one trim level up from the base "Luxury").

It does seem weird to see the Luxury is the bottom level, then premium luxury and the top level is Sport and yet with sport you have Leather seats like Premium luxury and you get Leatherette trim which makes no sense to me.

I would think Sport would be bottom, then luxury and top would be Premium luxury.

I like the CUV, but am a bit confused by the packaging of the trim levels.

57 minutes ago, dfelt said:

It does seem weird to see the Luxury is the bottom level, then premium luxury and the top level is Sport and yet with sport you have Leather seats like Premium luxury and you get Leatherette trim which makes no sense to me.

I would think Sport would be bottom, then luxury and top would be Premium luxury.

I like the CUV, but am a bit confused by the packaging of the trim levels.

Sounds like cheapassing...'leatherette' has no place in a Cadillac...

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Sounds like cheapassing...'leatherette' has no place in a Cadillac...

So totally agree with this statement, UP VOTE it +1000!

Leatherette should not ever be in Cadillacs and only in low end Buicks and all things Chevy.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Leatherette sure doesn't seem like the "Standard of the World". 

It doesn't seem like "The Best or Nothing" either...

GLS and all below it come with Pleather seats standard.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It doesn't seem like "The Best or Nothing" either...

GLS and all below it come with Pleather seats standard.

Exactly

So Cadillac and M-B don't offer cloth interiors in the US?   I'm not a fan of cloth interiors, but I know some people like them. 

I had cloth a long time ago...'80s Fords.  But my more recent vehicles have been leather..leather is so much easier to keep clean...

23 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Cloth is absolute garbage.. I hope to never own anything with cloth seats. 

I disagree, cloth is not hot in the summer and not cold in the winter. Leather looks better and it is easier to clean but they need to heat and cool it to be comfortable.

Really expensive cars put alcantara now I believe, because it is better than leather.