Things that you hate about other people's cars....

What do you really hate about people's cars that you've been in?

I'll start with my neighbors 2000 Ford Focus....

Everytime there is a bump/turn/road disturbance...I bang my head on the C-pillar in the backseat..It is SOOOO annoying!

The inside of the car is too narrow and compact for me.

The Springs in the wheel wells and the doors creek when they are opened/disturbed

Sometimes I drive my mother's RX. If the engine and transmisson are cold, it will absolutely refuse to upshift until it warms up. Plus, I'm not sure if this is a function of the AWD or traction control but if you take your foot off of the accelerator, it doesn't exactly coast. It's like it slightly applies the brakes; it slows itself down.

I recently drove my friend's '01 Audi A4 1.8T.

Easily one of the slowest cars I've driven. I literally floored it and the engine hesitated for a good 3-4 seconds before anything happened.

I hate everything about my girlfriend's Rodeo, especially when we play 'rodeo'.  Specifically the fact that the seat doesn't go back far enough to 69 my body and be comfortable, and the roughness of her ride, I could go on and on and on and on and on and on until it hurts.

:blink:

My friend's Sienna. The plastic feels oily, even though the car gets cleaned every week, how little headroom there is in the car, how annoying the engine sounds when getting ready to upshift, how narrow the isle between the 2nd row seats is, and that the windows in the sliding doors don't even open.

If it counts, how the stray rock from a dump truck's tires makes a perfect arc over the Toyota and Acura in front of me and cracks my windsheild.

I hate everything about my girlfriend's Rodeo, especially when we play 'rodeo'.  Specifically the fact that the seat doesn't go back far enough to 69 my body and be comfortable, and the roughness of her ride, I could go on and on and on and on and on and on until it hurts.

:blink:

:lol: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :cheers::bowdown::CG_all:

my friend's New Beetle, with it interior that bio-degrades while you're driving it, and the clutch that disintegrates every 40k miles.

my other friends SL, with it's electrical glitches that make British cars of the 70's look good. Seriously, she's driving with only one tail light and half of a CHRMSL and they can't run down the problem...

buy German? not I.

I'll start with my neighbors 2000 Ford Focus....

Everytime there is a bump/turn/road disturbance...I bang my head on the C-pillar in the backseat..It is SOOOO annoying!

Exact same problem with my friend's Sunfire sedan.

I also hated the 4 speed auto in my mother's 97 Sebring. Thing took forever to shift, up or down, didn't matter.

Not so much with the car.

I HATE when someone moves and leaves the license plate frame from a dealer in another area.

When I lived on Seattle's Eastside, I saw a Ford Explorer with Washington plates and a license plate frame that said: Santa Clarita Valley - Magic Ford.

What a dork!

I HATE when someone moves and leaves the license plate frame from a dealer in another area.

When I lived on Seattle's Eastside, I saw a Ford Explorer with Washington plates and a license plate frame that said:  Santa Clarita Valley - Magic Ford.

What a dork!

Same... I've seen a few "Ray Fladeboe Honda - Honolulu" frames... in CA.

When I lived on Seattle's Eastside, I saw a Ford Explorer with Washington plates and a license plate frame that said:  Santa Clarita Valley - Magic Ford.

What a dork!

I had an "Acura of Springfield" frame on my Solara for the longest time. Then the car was wrecked and I took the plates off.

For some crazy reason I know several people who drive

FWD cars... not just the "cool" ones like 1996 Buick

Rivieras & 2002 Grand Am GT1s but even really horrible

stuff like Honda CRVs & KIA Rios. :blink:

This is a very disturbing trend.

All joking aside someone else's car usually tends to not

bother me... if they drive something I do not like and we

are carpooling I take the Q45, Datsun or if they're a red

blooded Amercan male or cute chick they get to ride

shotgun in the Camaro.

Well, this does not bother me in the least bit on a modern car but

on a classic I actaully love to see that to the extreeme. I wish I

still had some dealer tag from California on my Camaro as it was

sold in Barkersfield, CA. Funnier still would be if I ended up buying

a 1959 Buick wiht a dealer plaque from like Alaska or New Mexico.

In my friends dads 03 Taurus, there are these four little square holes on the radio unit that bugs me..and the interior is monotone to the extreme.

aren't those holes so you can pull the radio out? i am pretty sure of that.

my boss has a camry, only drove it one day, and this is what i observed

- brake pedal seemed unresponsive

- hard to take off gradually (no linearity in the gas pedal)

- glossy radio + noon time = huge glare!

a friend has a sentra, seems really loud on the interstate.

aren't those holes so you can pull the radio out?    i am pretty sure of that.

Yes... this is such an annoyance. :nono: