Sign in to follow this  
Carguy

Bring back GEO?

44 posts in this topic

It seems to me that the AVEO should be called a GEO NOT a CHEVY! If they were to bring back the sub Chevy brand they could make a STRIPER COBALT the base Chevy model. Then they could do the AVEO line as a GEO and bring over other GM+GM partner Asian/European small cars/SUV's/Crossovers in the restored Chevy sub brand. The new FIAT GRANDE PUNTO would make a GREAT NEW GEO METRO being that it is built on a GM of Europe platform. And with its opt Diesel power it could be VERY EFFICENT. The SUZUKI VERONA could be a NEW GEO PRIZM and there are MANY OTHERS they could choose from for the CHEVY MINI BRAND!

I think Geo disappeared because GM realized that selling the cars under the Chevy nameplate would be more effective in moving them. The Geo name meant nothing when it was in use, and means less now.

I think Geo disappeared because GM realized that selling the cars under the Chevy nameplate would be more effective in moving them. The Geo name meant nothing when it was in use, and means less now.

GEO means "around the globe" witch is a GREAT NAME for an internationally built product. I think its a MORE TRUTHFULL name then the ALL AMERICAN SOUNDING CHEVROLET! GEO WORKED and THEY SHOULD BRING IT BACK for the TOTALLY NON DOMESTIC AVEO model and MANY POSSIBLE OTHERS! :) Edited by Carguy

GM shouldn't be able to bring back Geo until they bring back Oldsmobile. I don't think that it's smart to introduce another brand-by-GM until they're on more stable financial ground.

I'm all for bringing back the GEO brand... right after

GM brings back Oakland, LaSalle & Oldsmobile :D

Yea, GEO is dead as doornails. It should stay that way. Anyone wanting it back wants it simply for the novelty and not for any sound, logical reason.

Geo is the last brand that should be brought back (not that any should or need to be brought back). Most people equate it to $h!ty little cars. While the latter association is fine, the former is not one GM wants people thinking about there cars.

Wow... Canadians get some weird stuff.

I thouhg tyour wheels were square? :P

I think its a MORE TRUTHFULL name then the ALL AMERICAN SOUNDING CHEVROLET!

Yes...the "all-American sounding," albeit with a French pronounciation of the brand's Swiss namesake. That's as "all-American sounding" as they get.

68... More wiki stuff for you.

You think Canadians get some weird stuff?

Here's some wierd Japanese rebadging for you...

95 Civic we all know:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then there was a Canada-only Acura EL:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then they made an Isuzu Gemini:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then they made a ROVER 400!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Geo is the last brand that should be brought back (not that any should or need to be brought back).  Most people equate it to $h!ty little cars.    While the latter association is fine, the former is not one GM wants people thinking about there cars.

so its a good thing that they are instead rebadged as Chevys?

in my opinion GM ought to have an outlet for sub-priced sub-compact cars...

and it shouldnt tarnish the chevrolet brand... if they are going to be built in korea or shanghi, and they arent going to live upto the standards of the rest of the chevrolet line up... they dont belong to drag the brand down...

Edited by Newbiewar

Toyota is coming up with a subrand to go below Toyota worldwide. GM had Saturn as a brand below Chevy but that changed. It doesn't fit Chevy's image to have an Aveo and a Corvette, or even worse a Spark!

Toyota is coming up with a subrand to go below Toyota worldwide. GM had Saturn as a brand below Chevy but that changed. It doesn't fit Chevy's image to have an Aveo and a Corvette, or even worse a Spark!

Perhaps... but does it have to be "Geo" ?... That name sounds so... so... so... Well, most Geo's I see are purple and are Metro's...

:huh:

Words fail me.

The U.S. Accord is also a Hyundai something in other markets.

I don't believe so. The Accord was sold as the Isuzu Aska in Japan...after it had stopped being a rebadged Subaru Legacy.

I don't think Honda and Hyundai have any tie-ups anywhere in the world, especially with how popular the Sonata has become in so many markets.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this