Drew Dowdell

Audi News: Audi RS 6 Avant Heading to the US

After 25 years on the market in other countries as Forbidden Fruit, the Audi RS 6 Avant will finally be coming to the U.S.  The RS 6 Avant comes with a 4.0 liter twin-turbo V8 that gets from naught to 62.1 mph in 3.6 seconds.  On the track, the wicked wagon is capable of a top speed of 155 mph. European specifications for the engine are 591 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque, however U.S. specs will be released closer to launch.  Putting that power to all four wheels is an eight-speed Tiptronic. The Quattro system actively splits torque between each of the rear wheels with the ability to send nearly all torque to one wheel. 

The RS comes with an adaptive air suspension with controlled damping that can be set to comfort or performance.  An optional suspension is offered, driver adjustable Dynamic Ride Control that helps with improved cornering and handling. Drivers can select from six drive modes, including RS1 and RS2 which are customizable. 

The exterior of the RS is specific to the car. The body of the car is about 1.6 inches wider than none RS Avants with flared wheel arches. 

The RS 6 Avant will arrive in dealerships in 2020. 

View full article

This is good, too many crossovers out there, nice to see a performance wagon.

Nice interior, exterior is too coupe like for me in a CUV. Be interesting to see final specs and pricing. Hopefully they bring some quality as I have noticed all Audi's seem to have a very bad soot problem at the exhuast. They really seem to blacken things up out of the tailpipe.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Nice interior, exterior is too coupe like for me in a CUV. Be interesting to see final specs and pricing. Hopefully they bring some quality as I have noticed all Audi's seem to have a very bad soot problem at the exhuast. They really seem to blacken things up out of the tailpipe.

It's not a CUV..it's a proper station wagon...the performance wagon version of the A6 sedan. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

It's not a CUV..it's a proper station wagon...the performance wagon version of the A6 sedan. 

OK, Yup I am WRONG, your right it is a station wagon as I look at it again. But hate the Coupe backside of it.

This is what I grew up in as a proper station wagon:

See the source image

Custom Cruiser Delta 98 with the rear facing 3rd seat. Roomy, comfy and a true road cruiser.

Audi's Avant wagons have been sleek since the mid 80s...this is just the current one.

I love how it looks.  

If I had a lot of money, I would just buy it for kicks, a station wagon that can probably beat most Corvettes, at least in a straight line.

I'm sure it would be a blast to drive...I love performance wagons.   

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I'm not allowed to get a wagon. 😥

dog consoling GIF

• Haha 3

In our crossover-obsessed era, how many wagons such as the Volvos and this Audi actually sell these days?

Pretty cool. Maybe Audi sells a few hundred but they will charge accordingly. And it will be an image booster. Only thing missing is diesel / Manual. Lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      Like every other automaker out there, Audi is looking to electrify their lineup, that includes models from the Audi Sport division that produces the S and RS models for Audi. 
      At the 2018 LA Auto Show, Audi introduced the E-tron GT Concept, based on the same platform as the Porsche Taycan.  The concept featured a dual-motor all-wheel drive setup producing 582 horsepower and about 600 lb.-ft of torque.  Powering that was a 96 kWh battery that Audi claimed would give a range of 250 miles and a 0-62 mph of 3.5 seconds. The production version will debut at the 2020 LA Auto Show, but we don't know yet if it will sport the same three tiers that the Porsche Taycan has with similar specs.   It is expected that the base E-tron GT will have a lower output and lower price than the Taycan.  The base model and S variant should be available at launch while the RS will follow along later. 
      In addition to the Audi E-tron GT, Audi Sport is busy working on electrified version of their RS models.  These will be plug-in hybrids, the first of which is expected to be the RS4 around the 2022 model year and then proceed up the line.  Since SUVs are all the rage, Audi is also working on an RS version of their E-tron Sportback SUV to compete head to head with the Tesla Model Y Performance.  The current E-tron Sportback makes a maximum of 402 horsepower in boost mode with its dual motors.  Audi has hinted that a third motor could be introduced for even more performance. 
      Audi will also take a second stab at an R8 E-tron.  The first one appeared in 2015 as a second generation R8, but was only in production for 16 months due to low demand, largely blamed on its $1.1 million price tag. Only 100 copies of the original R8 E-Tron were built. It used a dual motor setup pushing 456 hp and 679 lb.-ft of torque to the wheels with a promised range of up to 280 miles.  The next version of the R8 E-tron will likely see a power boost, but Audi is also working on bringing the price down to a more reasonable (for a supercar) price. Even with a substantial reduction in price, the R8 E-tron will likely only be a limited production model.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Like every other automaker out there, Audi is looking to electrify their lineup, that includes models from the Audi Sport division that produces the S and RS models for Audi. 
      At the 2018 LA Auto Show, Audi introduced the E-tron GT Concept, based on the same platform as the Porsche Taycan.  The concept featured a dual-motor all-wheel drive setup producing 582 horsepower and about 600 lb.-ft of torque.  Powering that was a 96 kWh battery that Audi claimed would give a range of 250 miles and a 0-62 mph of 3.5 seconds. The production version will debut at the 2020 LA Auto Show, but we don't know yet if it will sport the same three tiers that the Porsche Taycan has with similar specs.   It is expected that the base E-tron GT will have a lower output and lower price than the Taycan.  The base model and S variant should be available at launch while the RS will follow along later. 
      In addition to the Audi E-tron GT, Audi Sport is busy working on electrified version of their RS models.  These will be plug-in hybrids, the first of which is expected to be the RS4 around the 2022 model year and then proceed up the line.  Since SUVs are all the rage, Audi is also working on an RS version of their E-tron Sportback SUV to compete head to head with the Tesla Model Y Performance.  The current E-tron Sportback makes a maximum of 402 horsepower in boost mode with its dual motors.  Audi has hinted that a third motor could be introduced for even more performance. 
      Audi will also take a second stab at an R8 E-tron.  The first one appeared in 2015 as a second generation R8, but was only in production for 16 months due to low demand, largely blamed on its $1.1 million price tag. Only 100 copies of the original R8 E-Tron were built. It used a dual motor setup pushing 456 hp and 679 lb.-ft of torque to the wheels with a promised range of up to 280 miles.  The next version of the R8 E-tron will likely see a power boost, but Audi is also working on bringing the price down to a more reasonable (for a supercar) price. Even with a substantial reduction in price, the R8 E-tron will likely only be a limited production model.

• Recent Status Updates

• trinacriabob  »  oldshurst442

Liking that new av - a CP (Canadian Pacific) 747, IIRC
      · 0 replies
    • dfelt  »  A Horse With No Name

Welcome back, so happy to see you back. You were missed!  
      · 0 replies
    • Robert Hall

Reality is complex
      · 1 reply
    • ocnblu

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
      · 0 replies
    • trinacriabob  »  balthazar

It's not possible to message you.  At least, it wasn't possible to do that last summer.  So I'll post it here.  I had a crazy layover back in June at PHL ... for about 8 hours ... and wondered how far into NJ you were from Philly.  What I did is get the PHLash day pass and did the self-guided tour of Center City before heading back to the airport.  I stayed too close to the center because of time. I actually wasted time by going into South Philly.  I wanted to venture out onto the Main Line and see Villanova.  That rail line was included on the pass I bought.  I had to manage my time because of the late afternoon flight to the Coast.  Cheers.
      · 1 reply
  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook