Alternative Fuels & Propulsion RANDOM

5 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Does that 'more economical' ignore the purchase price? The audi e-tron is like $35K more that the similar-sized audi IC model.  The upcoming rivian EV pickup is going to START at $62K.

Yet Feature function of the Rivian pickup is on par with ICE Pickups. Audi e-tron is highly priced for the new tech, but then all new things are.

'All new things are" does nothing to address the economic comparisons between current EV & IC.
And the tech can't still be 'new'; Tesla was selling cars in 2008.

19 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Yes, but at least 50% of Americans are imbeciles in general, I see no point in trying to communicate with them...fuck them..live and let die. 

Ahhh; the tolerance! :D

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Ahhh; the tolerance! :D

It's hard to tolerate ignorance and stupidity.

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Dfelt uses more fossil fuels than anybody else here and is supposedly a huge proponent for EVs.. 

think tom hanks GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Does seem to be a bit contradictory, or maybe a bit of  'do as I say, not as I do' ? 

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Does that 'more economical' ignore the purchase price?

Yes it does.  I posted it myself that RIGHT NOW from a purely financial perspective, EVs are  still more expensive than comparable ICE vehicles (even taking into account less maintenance).

However, at the rate things are changing EV prices will be on par soon enough.

Personally, I am not yet ready to consider EV.  However, when in 5-7 years I will need a new daily driver, I think EV is definitely  will be on top of my list.

Edited by ykX

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

It's hard to tolerate ignorance and stupidity.

Not in anyway saying you are, but; no doubt there are those, with an opposing POV, that consider yourself just as ignorant and stupid.
It's an intolerance circle jerk. Or 'idea racism', if you prefer.
Discussion CAN open minds and achieve workable resolutions. 'Don't even try / you can go die' achieves zero.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Not in anyway saying you are, but; no doubt there are those, with an opposing POV, that consider yourself just as ignorant and stupid.
It's an intolerance circle jerk. Or 'idea racism', if you prefer.
Discussion CAN open minds and achieve workable resolutions. 'Don't even try / you can go die' achieves zero.

QFT.

I will be impressed when we see BEVs reach price parity with a Chevy Trax.  Why?  Have the BEV be a replacement for our currently vast ICE-based used car market.

The only thing BEVs cannot do is knock the ugly design out of some vehicles.  Have you seen the new Silverados in person?  WTF?

4 hours ago, balthazar said:

no doubt there are those, with an opposing POV, that consider yourself just as ignorant and stupid.

If one group (Group A) has an opinion that is more or less factual...say...internal combustion engines cause air pollution and there has to be a better solution type solution...and electric vehicles are THAT solution, and the other group (Group B)opposes that solution by finding all kinds of problems...real AND imagined...well...Group B could call Group A ignorant and stupid, if they choose to, and they be right...in their own minds mind you, that does NOT mean that Group B's opinion is correct. That also does NOT mean that Group A is wrong either...

Group A's solution might NOT be the best solution, BUT it IS A solution.

Group B's solution might be to do NOTHING. Which aint much of a solution...  Ignoring the current  problems the way we have ALWAYS done them is NOT a way.  Finding problems with a possible solution while IGNORING the status quo, in my opinion, is more of an ignorant and stupid way of living then trying to change...

If humans change to one solution, and find out 50 years later that it wasnt a great idea, or 50 years later, there is a better solution, to me, THAT is more smart.

Continuing on a road to ruin, JUST BECAUSE...seems kinda dumb.

The thing is...what bias do we have while we argue against EVs?

1. DO WE ACTUALLY BELIEVE that internal combustion engines are bad for the environment and going forward with them is suicide?

2. Are we SELFISH and we just PRETEND that internal combustion engines are safe for the environment and therefore we use strawman arguments and petty shyte to denounce change?

I think MOST Americans are NOT dumb. They KNOW the dangers...

I think MOST Americans and American culture as of late is more of a SELFISH thing  and just DONT care.  

I think that kind of selfish mentality is even MORE dangerous for a society that an ignorant one. 

7 hours ago, dfelt said:

Enjoy your life.

thanks man

10 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Dude, it's futile arguing with them...they will never change their minds.   Best to just agree to disagree and move on.    The US is full of anti-science people, arguing with them is futile.    

There is nothing more true than planting a tree to help the world.  Save your high talking for someone else.

7 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Yes, but at least 50% of Americans are imbeciles in general, I see no point in trying to communicate with them...f@#k them..live and let die. 

How's that big fat Grand Cherokee running?

12 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

If one group (Group A) has an opinion that is more or less factual...say...internal combustion engines cause air pollution and there has to be a better solution type solution...and electric vehicles are THAT solution, and the other group (Group B)opposes that solution by finding all kinds of problems...real AND imagined...well...Group B could call Group A ignorant and stupid, if they choose to, and they be right...in their own minds mind you, that does NOT mean that Group B's opinion is correct. That also does NOT mean that Group A is wrong either...

Group A's solution might NOT be the best solution, BUT it IS A solution.

Group B's solution might be to do NOTHING. Which aint much of a solution...  Ignoring the current  problems the way we have ALWAYS done them is NOT a way.  Finding problems with a possible solution while IGNORING the status quo, in my opinion, is more of an ignorant and stupid way of living then trying to change...

If humans change to one solution, and find out 50 years later that it wasnt a great idea, or 50 years later, there is a better solution, to me, THAT is more smart.

Continuing on a road to ruin, JUST BECAUSE...seems kinda dumb.

The thing is...what bias do we have while we argue against EVs?

1. DO WE ACTUALLY BELIEVE that internal combustion engines are bad for the environment and going forward with them is suicide?

2. Are we SELFISH and we just PRETEND that internal combustion engines are safe for the environment and therefore we use strawman arguments and petty shyte to denounce change?

I think MOST Americans are NOT dumb. They KNOW the dangers...

I think MOST Americans and American culture as of late is more of a SELFISH thing  and just DONT care.  

I think that kind of selfish mentality is even MORE dangerous for a society that an ignorant one. 

What a load of BS.  But then who here is more known for gobbledygook than our boy olds?

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

11 hours ago, ocnblu said:

we should all of us, plant a tree.  that would help our world more than buying an EV.  stop fooling yourselves.

Plant a tree...

What is the point?

Selfish shytes much like yourself just dont care....

Selfish shytes much like yourself whine why some fast food joints stopped serving plastic straws and went to paper ones to save the planet.  Selfish shytes much like yourself just say that are oceans are NOT polluted with plastics even though ignorant idiots much like myself show you proof. Selfish shytes much like yourself whine and say shyte like "dont try to change me". Selfish shytes much like yourself cry #fakenews and bitch about how you you always drank your sodey pop with a plastic straws and how its not America's problem.  China pollutes waaaay worse than we do...

Plant a tree?

What is the point?

Selfish shytes much like yourself dont believe in climate change...

Selfish shytes much like yourself just blame scientists that are bought by corrupt politicians for carbon credits.

Selfish shytes much like yourself just ignore YOUR scientific scientists that are bought by the corporate world. Selfish shytes much like yourself cant see the irony in all that.

Selfish shytes much like yourself dont even use your own eyes to see what is what...

Id say...stop kidding yourself, buddy...

Me?  Im alright, thank-you very much.  You?  Im sorry. Im truly sorry...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I REALLY like 'em.

I am sure they are very good trucks, but the new Silverados are really ugly-looking in the face.  The GMC Sierras look so much better.  There is a reason that GM truck sales are trailing both FORD and RAM.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

What a load of BS.  But then who here is more known for gobbledygook than our boy olds?

BS?

Enlighten me, buddy.

Show me how wrong I am. 

I AM BEGGING YOU!!!

Ive asked you THREE TIMES NOW TO TEACH ME!!!

All Ive got from you are just nay sayer words...

No proof of how wrong I am. No proof of where your reality comes from....show me how wrong I am!

SHOW ME.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, oldshurst442 said:

Plant a tree...

What is the point?

Selfish shytes much like yourself just dont care....

Selfish shytes much like yourself whine why some fast food joints stopped serving plastic straws and went to paper ones to save the planet.  Selfish shytes much like yourself just say that are oceans are NOT polluted with plastics even though ignorant idiots much like myself show you proof. Selfish shytes much like yourself whine and say shyte like "dont try to change me". Selfish shytes much like yourself cry #fakenews and bitch about how you you always drank your sodey pop with a plastic straws and how its not America's problem.  China pollutes waaaay worse than we do...

Plant a tree?

What is the point?

Selfish shytes much like yourself dont believe in climate change...

Selfish shytes much like yourself just blame scientists that are bought by corrupt politicians for carbon credits.

Selfish shytes much like yourself just ignore YOUR scientific scientists that are bought by the corporate world. Selfish shytes much like yourself cant see the irony in all that.

Selfish shytes much like yourself dont even use your own eyes to see what is what...

Id say...stop kidding yourself, buddy...

Me?  Im alright, thank-you very much.  You?  Im sorry. Im truly sorry...

First off, straws, whether they be plastic, paper, or dried blood vessels from sheep, are for babies and others with oral fixations.  I don't use straws to drink my UNSWEETENED ICED TEA.  Sodey pop is bad for you, haven't you seen the scientific data on that?

Secondly, who said I don't believe in climate change?  Hell, the climate has NEVER BEEN STATIC since Mother Earth formed an atmosphere!  It is CHICKEN LITTLES like yourself who are arrogant enough to believe humans can do (or have done) diddly squat to affect climate.

You're alright?  Please, place your palm on your forehead, cuz you got a fever of some type.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

First off, straws, whether they be plastic, paper, or dried blood vessels from sheep, are for babies and others with oral fixations.  I don't use straws to drink my UNSWEETENED ICED TEA.  Sodey pop is bad for you, haven't you seen the scientific data on that?

Secondly, who said I don't believe in climate change?  Hell, the climate has NEVER BEEN STATIC since Mother Earth formed an atmosphere!  It is CHICKEN LITTLES like yourself who are arrogant enough to believe humans can do (or have done) diddly squat to affect climate.

You're alright?  Please, place your palm on your forehead, cuz you got a fever of some type.

yes exactly...

The world has been in existence for millions of years...

I believe that amoebas drove Mopars up and down Lava Alley burning rubber all the way baby!!!  Then when the earth froze...they were snowmobilin' their frozen little hearts out...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, balthazar said:

There's disingenuous terminology on both sides. And in a discussion that's supposed to be based tight around [an implied perfect] science, do we really want to be incorporating that?

What's disingenuous about it?

That ICE engines pollute and the other side completely ignores it...

Using  "dont try to change me" arguments while mocking?

Which falls into the climate change argument while saying that the earth existed millions of years with climate change without the help of humans...and is simply just how the WORLD TURNS...while TRUE...

BUT IGNORING what HUMANS have done to the earth for the last 10 000 years...but especially what WE did to it the last 150 years...

Image result for hoover dam

(The one above is simply to say that humans SHAPE and CHANGE nature and its surrounding to humans' needs...no other living thing before and during human existence  SHAPES AND CHANGES ITS SURROUNDINGS...WE are the ONLY living things to do that. Even trees.  The roots just go through anything...even tough man made materials, the roots find a way...but the roots NEVER shape the environment...like humans do) 

Image result for los angeles smog

Image result for airplane pollution

Image result for industry pollution

Image result for ocean plastic pollution

Image result for ocean plastic pollution

Image result for hiroshima and nagasaki  Image result for hiroshima and nagasaki

IGNORING ALL THAT SHYTE while HAVING THE AUDICITY to SAY THAT HUMANS DONT HAVE A PHOQUING IMPACT ON THE EARTH???!!!

AND if THAT aint enough....WE HAVE STARTED TO POLLUTE SPACE...the upper upper of Earth's atmosphere...

Image result for space debris

C'MON MAN???!!!

To think that WE DONT CAUSE SOME CLIMATE CHANGE is to be TRULY ignorant...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I'm certainly more inclined to believe climate studies from legitimate university scientists and researchers than corrupt right wing politicians, big oil shills, flat-earthers, and religious zealots.   

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

I'm certainly more inclined to believe climate studies from legitimate university scientists and researchers than corrupt right wing politicians, big oil shills, flat-earthers, and religious zealots.   

Yada yada yada blah blah blah

• Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Didn't we reach the point of no return in 2016?

Therefore...

• BECAUSE the time was wrong and more or less a scare tactic of when Earth will cease to be able to sustain HUMAN life (because we really arent killing the planet, we are killing ourselves)...then humans are NOT on the road to ruin causing our OWN distinction therefore we shall continue our destructive ways? 

Unless of course you dont think the way we do things now are NOT destructive...

• And...BECAUSE the time was wrong and more or less a scare tactic of when Earth will cease to be able to sustain HUMAN life..then we should do NOTHING about it.  Because the time was wrong and more or less a scare tactic that means that day will NEVER come?
  • BECAUSE the time was wrong and more or less a scare tactic of when the Earth will cease to be able to sustain HUMAN life, that means  that ONLY big fat asteroids cause cataclysmic extinctions?  

Edited by oldshurst442

You're daisy-chaining together a lot of ifs and therefores, no?
Is the climate / the Earth really that 'tab A > slot B' cause-effective?
Or are there 10,000 variables a minute for any singular moment in time?

- - - - -
Is it that the 'time' was wrong, or that the science supposedly behind the time was wrong?
If the latter, why, and what else is wrong? What is right?

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, balthazar said:

You're daisy-chaining together a lot of ifs and therefores, no?
Is the climate / the Earth really that 'tab A > slot B' cause-effective?
Or are there 10,000 variables a minute for any singular moment in time?

- - - - -
Is it that the 'time' was wrong, or that the science supposedly behind the time was wrong?
If the latter, why, and what else is wrong? What is right?

The science is wrong?

Should I post those pollution pics again?

Doesnt take a scientist to tell us  that pollution is...bad.

How many news reports state that carbon monoxide killed another poor soul because the car was runnin' and not sufficient ventilation...

That stuff goes in to the earth's atmosphere, non?

You wanna say that there is no cause and effect...

Really? 

Then there is the science part. The real deal science behind it.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/global-maps/MOP_CO_M

Carbon monoxide is a trace gas in the atmosphere, and it does not have a direct effect on the global temperature, like methane and carbon dioxide do. However, carbon monoxide plays a major role in atmospheric chemistry, and it affects the ability of the atmosphere to cleanse itself of many other polluting gases. In combination with other pollutants and sunshine, it also takes part in the formation of lower-atmospheric (“bad”) ozone and urban smog.

https://www.conserve-energy-future.com/smogpollution.php

The ground level ozone present in the smog also inhibits plant growth and causes immense damage to crops and forests.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/climate-weather/storms/trees-affect-weather1.htm

Evapotranspiration. Trees affect our climate, and therefore our weather, in three primary ways: they lower temperatures, reduce energy usage and reduce or remove air pollutants. Each part of the tree contributes to climate control, from leaves to roots. Leaves help turn down the thermostat.

No climate change due to human activity, huh? 

All links by pseudo scientists bought by corrupt politicians, right?

Nothing real or logical in those three links I posted and what Im about to summarize, right?

• Carbon monoxide released by the cars we drive (keeping in mind my the post I made yesterday about human population growing exponentially to 10 billion souls by 2050 and why ICE may not be an answer for our future)
  • Although carbon monoxide does NOT cause the climate to warm up directly...it does inhibit plant growth and trees and stuff... and it kills living things INCLUDING plants and trees and stuff...through the phenomenon called smog 
  • slow growth of trees or downright death of them...which smog is a factor of,  trees affect our climate.  

So yeah...human activity is no way influencing the climate in any way...  

Notice I kept it to ONLY automobiles...

We deforest trees. We pollute our oceans. Im sure the plastics we throw into our oceans also have an effect, direct or indirect , affecting living things that affect the climate...and so forth and so forth...

Now...Ive shown "proof" of some sort of MY thought process.

Pictures to prove that there is human activity and pollution going on...

Ive posted links to "educated" sites...I guess...maybe these are paid organizations to fool us...who knows?  To show cause and effect... 

Now...where is the data on your side to contradict this?

Words to the effect of "I dont believe you" ...aint gonna cut it...  

The millions of years argument...aint gonna cut it either...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Like 2

The science is wrong? Should I post those pollution pics again?

That does not address what I referenced. Again, are we discussing, or talking past one another?

'We' were supposed to be at a climatic point of no return about 4 years ago, according to the mouthpiece (then) of climate change; one Mr Al Gore.  There was no question then; no question and no questioning.  I recall something related about 'boiling seas'.  I recall vehement finger-pointing and red-letter cries of 'DENIER!'  These unavoidable, specific events were predicted to happen in Year X, but that year has passed.

As these unquestionable near-future events were science based yet failed to occur as predicted, I ask; where did the science go wrong?  And if the science was 'right', where & why did the mouthpiece get it wrong?

Is not science an ever-evolving collection of hypothesis that are continually tested to objectively confirm (or disprove) such?

It seems to me that anyone who accepts the 'climate change caused solely by man' theory believes it is an absolute, unwavering, forever truth.  Know who else treats a story they personally have never seen any hard evidence on with the same reverence?

No climate change due to human activity, huh?

If the above was addressed to me, where did I ever state that?

Edited by balthazar

5 minutes ago, balthazar said:

'We' were supposed to be at a climatic point of no return about 4 years ago, according to the mouthpiece (then) of climate change; one Mr Al Gore.  There was no question then; no question and no questioning.  I recall something related about 'boiling seas'.  I recall vehement finger-pointing and red-letter cries of 'DENIER!'  These unavoidable, specific events were predicted to happen in Year X, but that year has passed.

Therefore...

• BECAUSE the time was wrong and more or less a scare tactic of when Earth will cease to be able to sustain HUMAN life (because we really arent killing the planet, we are killing ourselves)...then humans are NOT on the road to ruin causing our OWN distinction therefore we shall continue our destructive ways? 

Unless of course you dont think the way we do things now are NOT destructive...

• And...BECAUSE the time was wrong and more or less a scare tactic of when Earth will cease to be able to sustain HUMAN life..then we should do NOTHING about it.  Because the time was wrong and more or less a scare tactic that means that day will NEVER come?
  • BECAUSE the time was wrong and more or less a scare tactic of when the Earth will cease to be able to sustain HUMAN life, that means  that ONLY big fat asteroids cause cataclysmic extinctions?  

Read only the bolded parts...

I dont really care what Al Gore, President Trump, Greta Thorwhatverhernameis, big Oil, Sesame Street say about climate change.

I see for myself what humans do to the planet. 

Im educated enough, saavy enough to look for scientific evidence to see what humans do to the planet and I put two and two together.

Ill tell you about Al Gore...

He once said that he built a 3000 square foot house (or whatever square footage it was...but it was a huge house...bigger than the average American home) with "ecological friendly materials with eco friendly energy usage that compares to homes of 1600 square feet with conventional and the norm...

If he truly was a tree huggin' greenie, he would have built a 1600 square foot home, because a TRUE earth lovin' human does NOT need more than that really, especially when he built that home when his kids were almost out of the house...so that his eco friendly 1600 square foot home could have a foot print that eqauls a bloody hut...

So yeah... I understand what you are saying...

But NO!!!

JUST because fraudulent people make false claims on BOTH sides does NOT mean that human activity does NOT influence the climate....

THAT would be YOUR argument's flaw...not mine.

Edited by oldshurst442

59 minutes ago, balthazar said:

If the above was addressed to me, where did I ever state that?

I think you answered your own question...in the same post I might add...

59 minutes ago, balthazar said:

It seems to me that anyone who accepts the 'climate change caused solely by man' theory believes it is an absolute, unwavering, forever truth.  Know who else treats a story they personally have never seen any hard evidence on with the same reverence?

PS:  "solely by man"...may be your ticket out...

But MY discussion was never about "solely by man"...     It is about a growing human population that ICE may not be a good way to travel anymore. Possible electric motorvation may be a viable alternative.  Lets discuss that....I said...

It lead to climate change...which ICE and carbon monoxide is HUGELY a factor of air pollution...hence the human population growth argument where more and more people will have more access to ICE  and hence even MORE carbon monoxide in our atmosphere...which I say that sure!  YEAH!  Human activity DOES INFLUENCE climate change...

I also say that there is a NATURAL course of climate change...but humans DO influence it NEGATIVELY...

So I guess, we are talking past each other...

Here...more pics..

1 milllion years ago on planet earth

Image result for 1 million years ago volcanoes

Sulfur and carbon dioxide and all kinds of other gases. Heats up the earth. Cools it down to extreme also with ash fallouts causing ice ages...

Today...we dont have volcanoes that erupt on mass extinction levels on almost a daily occurence...

But...we have this mess...

Oil fires

Image result for Kuwait oil fires

Image result for Kuwait oil fires

Industry

Image result for industry  pollution

car pollution...stuck in traffic going nowhere real fast...

Image result for traffic pollution

Almost the same phoquing thing...aint it?  KEEP IN MIND WE DO NOT HAVE VOLCANOES ERUPTING TO THE MAGNITUDE AND FREQUENCY OF THE ANCIENT ANCIENT TIMES...to support the million years ago argument...

PSS:  STILL no Data or links or proof to support your side of the discussion. Just words trying to find some sort of fallacy to discredit on.

Trying to find a "gotcha" statement.

"AHA!  2016 was supposed to be the end of the earth...but we are still here. "

Yet this "gotcha" moment does NOT address the fact that..well...pollution is killing us...no matter what AL Gore said about 2016...

Edited by oldshurst442

I have not made any factual claims, I have only asked questions. Thusly, no data/links.
And it wasn't I who said 2016 was the end of the world. Perhaps Al has your requested data/links.

humans DO influence it NEGATIVELY...

Please site your

educated enough, saavy enough

scientific evidence

showing what humans do to the planet to affect climate change.

Edited by balthazar
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

I have not made any factual claims, I have only asked questions. Thusly, no data/links.
And it wasn't I who said 2016 was the end of the world. Perhaps Al has your requested data/links.

Please site your

showing what humans do to the planet to affect climate change.

I already have brother...

its you that chooses to ignore.

PS: you ask the wrong questions...

Seems Tesla according to various stories such as this one is confirming shipping to customers Tesla Y CUVs.

https://electrek.co/2020/02/25/tesla-model-y-deliveries-customers-confirmation/

Where as Tesla on their own News site says deliveries will begin in Fall 2020.

https://www.tesla.com/presskit#modely

If the news of actual delivery's to customers is true, this really could help Tesla get into a consistent profitable quarter after quarter business model.

Seems since no clear info has been released from Tesla on the Model Y, a fan used his water bottle to measure ground clearance. Seems to be about 8 inches.

Twitter post on Tesla Y ground clearance

Tesla Model Y ground clearance measured, well kinda. Didn’t have a tape measure with me, so used the next best thing 😉 [tire size: 255/40/20] 

https://electrek.co/2020/02/27/tesla-model-y-ships-in-weeks-yet-were-measuring-ground-clearance-with-water-bottles/

15 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Selfish shytes much like yourself whine why some fast food joints stopped serving plastic straws and went to paper ones to save the planet.

Did you convert to paper straws at your restaurant? 

13 hours ago, balthazar said:

Didn't we reach the point of no return in 2016?

I believe that started mid to late 2015. 

Since @ocnblu does not like anything not pure ICE in the Random Thread posting this here:

VW Touareg PHEV will also come in a VW Touareg R PHEV with a combined 456 HP / 516 lb-ft of torque. A R first for VW division of performance and a first for the CUV line.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/26/vw-touareg-r-phev-geneva-motor-show/

456 HP / 516 lb-ft torque - 3.0-liter turbocharged TFSI V6 gas engine with 335 horsepower, with electric assistance provided by an e-motor producing 134 hp - 8sp transmission with standard 4motion AWD.

Max Towing 7,716 lbs

Pure e-mode allows 30 miles of pure EV up to 87 mph then ICE kicks in to a top speed of 155 mph.

Have to say this is a Sharp looking CUV.

image.png

WOW, Go GO GO Hyundai!!!!

Sonata Hybrid for the US gets EPA numbers of 52 MPG with a range of up to 686 miles per tank.

https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/2020-hyundai-sonata-hybrid-fuel-economy-rated-at-52-mpg

This matches the Toyota Camry Hybrid and beats the Honda Accord Hybrid which is 48 mpg. Per the story, this is a huge jump over the 2019 model which was only rated at 42 mpg.

Starting price is expected to be $26,680

@ccap41

yes I did.

I also stopped with the plastic coffee stir sticks and use wooden ones.

All my other stuff is recycled paper containers.

The only thing left are the lids. Coffee and sodey pop lids remain plastic.  There are no viable alternatives to those just yet. I think as Im not aware of any products that could replace those. 

But Im sure there will be people that will bitch that my containers are one shot deals as well as there are other fast food joints that use re-usable containers. Kinda like bring your own containers type deal. We dont do that.

And yes....Ive had people compliment me for the papers straws for "saving the planet" as much as I had people bitch about them that the sodey pop tastes different and that the taste is shyte. Others bitch because the paper straws dissolve waaaay too quick...

We switched to paper straws for two reasons.

1. Yes...its good to do some sort of tree huggin' actions once in awhile. Every little thing helps...

2. I think its Quebec Law to reduce plastics and I think there is a ban for plastic straws that will come in effect sometime soon. If it hasnt been enacted already...

38 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

@ccap41

yes I did.

I also stopped with the plastic coffee stir sticks and use wooden ones.

All my other stuff is recycled paper containers.

The only thing left are the lids. Coffee and sodey pop lids remain plastic.  There are no viable alternatives to those just yet. I think as Im not aware of any products that could replace those. 

But Im sure there will be people that will bitch that my containers are one shot deals as well as there are other fast food joints that use re-usable containers. Kinda like bring your own containers type deal. We dont do that.

And yes....Ive had people compliment me for the papers straws for "saving the planet" as much as I had people bitch about them that the sodey pop tastes different and that the taste is shyte. Others bitch because the paper straws dissolve waaaay too quick...

We switched to paper straws for two reasons.

1. Yes...its good to do some sort of tree huggin' actions once in awhile. Every little thing helps...

2. I think its Quebec Law to reduce plastics and I think there is a ban for plastic straws that will come in effect sometime soon. If it hasnt been enacted already...

This is what is all the use on the west coast since it is all compostable.

https://greenpaperproducts.com/biodegradable-hot-cups.aspx

Lids are awesome from this company.

Jeep has entered the e-Bike market to compete with GM and others as they have released their Fat Tire all terrain bike.

https://jeepe-bike.com/

40 miles on a Charge for $5,899 per bike. Alternative web sites say that the motor and suspension system based on a Chinese company can have the bike sustain 37 miles per hour. Talk about a fast way to travel if you have dedicated safe bike lanes. In normal road traffice, you might not want to be going so fast.

image.png

• Haha 1

Exciting battery tech is moving forward as RoadRunner, Tesla's dry anode in house battery design out of Canada seems to be making headway as they push to disrupt the Auto world with Auto's on price parity with no rebates by 2025. This is the big push that GM, FORD, BMW and others have all said would come by having $100 per kWh cost of denser batteries to allow the EV to equal ICE and in many ways exceed them. This super dense project will also allow Tesla to move far beyond the 200 to 300 mile battery pack with 400 to 500 mile battery packs at reduced size and weight.

https://electrek.co/2020/02/26/tesla-secret-roadrunner-project-battery-production-massive-scale/

image.png

• Haha 1

Rematch of Tesla Cyber Truck versus Ford F150.

This had me cracking up, talk about crazy power in that half scale Cyber Truck! :P 

Tesla won in Court against the tree huggers and has in a very short time cleared all the trees to build their new European Battery and Auto assembly line and design center in Germany.

https://electrek.co/2020/02/29/tesla-finished-clearing-trees-giga-berlin/#more-124601

12 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I thought the electric bikes were designed more as an assist and not going 37mph. 

Yes they do assist you while also increasing the speed one can go.

Not sure where BMW thinks they are going with their Design language, but their i4 concept sedan EV is a Failure with that huge big mouth billy bass grill.

image.png

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/03/bmw-i4-electric-car-concept-details-first-look/#slide-2213559

Hyundai Prophecy EV Concept sedan says Tesla / Porsche to me. Nice and way better looking than the BMW mess above.

image.png

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/03/hyundai-prophecy-concept-electric-car/#slide-2213756

• Like 1