Alternative Fuels & Propulsion RANDOM

Seems the Lincoln Aviator Hybrid Details came out today.

Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring plug-in hybrid gets the following:

• 21 miles of Pure electric driving
  • Gas only is 23 mpg
  • Combined Electric/Gas of 56 MPG-e
  • 494 Horsepower
  • 630 lb-ft of Torque
  • Base price of $69,895

This makes it the most fuel efficient 3 row CUV in it's class and the closest competitor is the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid which only has 13 miles of pure electric, 22 MPG gas only, 455HP / 516 lb-ft of torque with base price of $82,450. 

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/09/2020-lincoln-aviator-grand-touring-phev-fuel-economy/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dfelt said:

Good grief, they're still waiting for it to fully charge?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Good grief, they're still waiting for it to fully charge?

We'll ya know Lead in those batteries makes it a slow go kinda like lead in the butt.

Yet change does happen. :P 

• Agree 1

This is an EXCELLENT Video about EVs and why today they fail in regards to Towing, but this is only the start and with battery tech slated to improve, this will be rectified. I like what he has to say, worth watching. 18 min video Very cool clear example of efficiency of EV versus ICE.

6 hours ago, dfelt said:

We'll ya know Lead in those batteries makes it a slow go kinda like lead in the butt.

Yet change does happen. :P 

About lead. 

He prefers lead sleds over EVs. We all know that. 

I prefer what came after those lead sleads...factory hot rods...aka Muscle Cars.  And BEFORE those lead sleds. T-Buckets, '32 high boys (or low) and '33 roadster  (or even 3 window coupe ) Ford Hot Rods.   

Image result for lead sleds

But...the new Mustang Mach-E seems quite the perplexing decision for a possible future purchase....for me that is...

Well...first and foremost, its a CUV. A yuuuuuuge negative.  Gargantuan I might even say.  But its a "Mustang". Ive always (maybe not always) wanted a Mustang, but I dont really yearn for a high, 4 door Mustang. I yearn for a low, 2 door Mustang fastback coupe. The Mach-E is sorta a fastback though. 

But I want a V8. But...I could settle for an ecoboosted 4. But hey...the Mach-E has very fast electric motors in it embarrassing an ecoboosted 4....and that ecoboosted 4 toots along with more horses than Vanilla's  five point oh...   Electricity is quite a motivating energy source Id like to mention. 

Like I said....perplexing.   Ah.....the joys of living in the 1st world when life altering decisions are about consumerism...wants versus needs...

I think Blu is quite deAD sEt in his own little world to continue buying dino juice.  Which is OK.  Change might not be heading his way where he lives. At least not in the near future.   I dont mind dino juice. It works quite well.  I dont mind Zeus juice either. That too, works quite well.  

It is what it is.  

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

The top of the tailgate appears to be the same height as the ROOFs of sedans. FAIL.

Isn't that the case with any modern full size truck, at least the 4x4 ones?   Beds seem very high in general..

Whoa, think they can give them away?  Chevy's site is advertising $8428 off the MSRP for a 2019 Bolt Premiere!  $4640 off a Colorado ZR2... hmmm... which one has a higher percentage of discount v. MSRP?  And even at MSRP, GM loses many thousands of dollars per Bolt sold.  So, this is the Tesla profit model?  Is that how this works?  So sustainable.  :smilewide:

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Whoa, think they can give them away?  Chevy's site is advertising $8428 off the MSRP for a 2019 Bolt Premiere!  $4640 off a Colorado ZR2... hmmm... which one has a higher percentage of discount v. MSRP?  And even at MSRP, GM loses many thousands of dollars per Bolt sold.  So, this is the Tesla profit model?  Is that how this works?  So sustainable.  :smilewide:

I have seen NO discounts on anything made by Tesla.  GM having big discounts on vehicles that don't sell have been SOP for decades.

• Agree 2

Sees the Bolt deals (only one trim level btw, the most expensive one) and then sees the much higher deals on the BEST SELLING model in Chevrolets stable (multiple Silverados) and wonders if someone is just trolling yet again on a thread they originally wanted no part of even though they cried for it to happen because mentioning EVs on the Random Thoughts thread was not “random enough”.

9F9E8D96-5F70-4D73-9C44-2B5B0F1B293C.png

0C4A60A3-8AC9-45B9-8ED7-35D5BCFBD82B.png

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Sees the Bolt deals (only one trim level btw, the most expensive one) and then sees the much higher deals on the BEST SELLING model in Chevrolets stable (multiple Silverados) and wonders if someone is just trolling yet again on a thread they originally wanted no part of even though they cried for it to happen because mentioning EVs on the Random Thoughts thread was not “random enough”.

9F9E8D96-5F70-4D73-9C44-2B5B0F1B293C.png

0C4A60A3-8AC9-45B9-8ED7-35D5BCFBD82B.png

You miss the point.  I SAID... AS A PERCENTAGE OF MSRP.  Stop wasting everyone's time.

10 hours ago, riviera74 said:

vehicles that don't sell

DING

DING

DING

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

You miss the point.  I SAID... AS A PERCENTAGE OF MSRP.  Stop wasting everyone's time.

DING

DING

DING

DING DING DING! You are deflecting and it clearly wasn’t a waste of your time or wouldn’t have bothered to reply. You were trolling with some BS and were shown the door on your weak statement. The Silverado in question averages the same price at a dealership as the Bolt Premiere ($42-45K), is their best seller, yet they are offering larger discounts on it than the Bolt. Now where’s the criticism of the business model there? Oh that’s right. It’s an ICE and not and EV so it doesn’t warrant the same criticism from the EV troll. The point here is that your Colorado niche vehicle argument doesn’t fly so, DING DING DING! Your troll statement is pure bunk and the true waste of someone’s time. Seriously. You bitched about EVs being discussed on the Random Thoughts thread and a dedicated thread is made as a result of said bitching. Then, to top it off, you troll said thread at every chance you get. Make up your mind or here’s a thought, stop trolling this thread. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, balthazar said:

Floppage :

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 9.45.26 PM.png

Yes MB has also acknowledged that they are having a hard time getting batteries, so this makes sense to delay the US access to a model that they cannot yet produce in volume to supply Europe.

As much as I like the Jaguar and Audi, both companies failed in using the benefits of an electric EV to give the internal space they should have. They actually made an EV that is too close to ICE in wasting internal space. That is where they need to correct a big mistake.

That's not the problem.
At audi, for example, the e-tron loses 239 miles of range but charges $30K more over an A4 wagon.
It's just not an appealing comparison.
Mercedes is in a huge spending contraction, and they know how poor the ROI is on EVs. They can't afford the loss on an EV now- I think the delay is going to be even longer than a year.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, balthazar said:

Floppage :

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 9.45.26 PM.png

So their big issue was pricing them too high, like GM did with the Bolt. It clearly isn’t the EV part hence Tesla having no issues with moving them. The other thing to consider is that all Jaguars suck on the sales side of that coin so there is no surprise there. There is also the issue of reliability from Jaguar (spotty at best for decades) and Audi to a slightly lesser extent. Add in the total lack of marketing for both (also the problem with the Bolt). Point here is that it is not just one thing that hurt Audi and Jaguar.

• Agree 1

Tesla fanbois are a cult.  Some of them have even defended that... thing they call a pickup truck.

So no, it IS the EV part... lack of comparable range... lack of comparable price... lack of comparable infrastructure... lack of emotion... lack of EVERYTHING that makes a vehicle desirable.

2 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Tesla fanbois are a cult.  Some of them have even defended that.

4 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

lack of emotion... lack of EVERYTHING that makes a vehicle desirable.

You contradicted yourself... in the same post...trying to say something negative about EVs...

Which is it?

Are fanbois and fanatics and the thing they desire emotional?

Or

Cult-like behaviour is lacking in emotion especially when EVs are concerned and their cult following Tesla and Elon their saviour Musk  and having those cult followers drag race their Teslas? 

PS: I see Dodge fanbois and Dodge Motor Company not giving a shyte about ludicrous mode....its mostly rabid Tesla fanbois that foam around the mouth when it comes to the Hellcat, (these Tesla fanbois ARE excited about their EVs)...

The thing is, I see Porsche the Motor Company though, trying to measure up their Taycan to the Model S...

That in itself speaks VOLUMES about emotion...negating this part of your post...

19 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

lack of emotion...

• Like 1

Seems GM was planning to show off their first Cadillac EV with Supercruise at CES, but due to the lengthy strike, they are unable to get it done by the CES deadline for submission. As such GM will be a no show this year at CES 2020.

GM has stated no to Plug-in Hybrids and yes to self driving fully automated EVs.

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/17/gm-ceo-yes-to-self-driving-evs-no-to-plug-in-hybrids/

14 hours ago, ocnblu said:

First Mercedes, now GM.  Second thoughts on an EV onslaught?  You betcha!

Your lack of reading comprehension is simply baffling. I’m sure you read the article but just in case.

7AC77C73-C5C5-49A3-86C4-6399446C343A.jpeg

Which also delayed the C8 btw but who cares about facts when you can continue to troll a thread that you whined into existence?

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I have a bridge to sell you if you believe for one second that this prototype was not finished long before any strike by the UAW.

So while it’s 100% true that the C8 was delayed directly by the strike, It is not possible for the same to be true of a Cadillac EV because....well its an EV and you hate EVs.  Maybe its me that needs to sell you a bridge because I noticed you provided not one bit of proof to back up your claim.

I don't think it really matters as to the reason.
Just about all automakers are dialing up caution; quarter after quarter after quarter have only show incremental growth, so it's logical from a business case.
- - - - -
Meanwhile, here's a spy shot of an S-class with mid-cycle autonomous 'upgrades' ;) :

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 10.07.09 PM.png

Looks great- very classy!

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I don't think it really matters as to the reason.
Just about all automakers are dialing up caution; quarter after quarter after quarter have only show incremental growth, so it's logical from a business case.
- - - - -
Meanwhile, here's a spy shot of an S-class with mid-cycle autonomous 'upgrades' ;) :

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 10.07.09 PM.png

Looks great- very classy!

That just screams luxury, NOT!

8 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

So while it’s 100% true that the C8 was delayed directly by the strike, It is not possible for the same to be true of a Cadillac EV because....well its an EV and you hate EVs.  Maybe its me that needs to sell you a bridge because I noticed you provided not one bit of proof to back up your claim.

?  The C8 is a production vehicle.

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, ocnblu said:

?  The C8 is a production vehicle.

And? It’s production (which had literally just started) was delayed as a result of the strike, same as building a one off concept for CES was delayed. What is your EV hating mind not getting here? Again, offer proof of your claim and maybe it doesn’t come off as the normal EV trolling nonsense you normally spew. 

• Thanks 1

Seems the patents are starting to come out showing details of new features to the F150 EV and Rivian trucks.

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/19/new-ford-and-rivian-patents-rethink-pickup-features-in-ev-age/

Some pretty cool stuff including packaging of batteries.

On 12/18/2019 at 7:09 PM, surreal1272 said:

Meanwhile GM Authority seems to echo the same issue, the UAW strike.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/12/gm-may-have-planned-to-show-cadillac-ev-at-ces-2020/

Motor Trend "believes" the CES 2020 plans "may have been" centred around the unnamed new Cadillac electric crossover.

Please pay close attention to the quotation marks I inserted into the above sentence quoted directly from the article. 

• Disagree 1

The vehicle was shown as a digital rendering at this year’s 2019 North American International Auto Show

Tell me again how you think this concept vehicle hasn't already been mocked up in GM's design courtyard?  We saw the rendering during the 2019 Detroit show.  That was a long time ago.

• Disagree 1

Motor Trend "believes" the CES 2020 plans "may have been" centred around the unnamed new Cadillac electric crossover.

Please pay close attention to the quotation marks I inserted into the above sentence quoted directly from the article. 

Again, where is YOUR proof (pay special attention to the ‘YOUR” part)? At least MT can make claim to a certain level of viable information whereas you provide, well, nothing. See the difference yet? Oh and your “quote” doesn’t actually address anything related to the delay itself, just the model involved. You literally have shown nothing to the contrary here but hey, troll on hater, troll on.

The vehicle was shown as a digital rendering at this year’s 2019 North American International Auto Show

Tell me again how you think this concept vehicle hasn't already been mocked up in GM's design courtyard?  We saw the rendering during the 2019 Detroit show.  That was a long time ago.

Again, no proof.

And again, trolling on a page you bitched and moaned into existence. Oh the irony.

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Correct, you have none.  I have none.  Quit biting my ankles, will ya?

Actually I have shown more evidence to support my statement than you have yours. Again, the little whiner comes to the thread he whined into creation because well, he’s a whiner. Just go sit in the corner and let folks talk about the subject at hand without your constant trolling.

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Actually I have shown more evidence to support my statement than you have yours. Again, the little whiner comes to the thread he whined into creation because well, he’s a whiner. Just go sit in the corner and let folks talk about the subject at hand without your constant trolling.

Your daddy must be proud. Plus, anyone who has a signature like yours just wants to advertise how much of a dick they are.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Your daddy must be proud. Plus, anyone who has a signature like yours just wants to advertise how much of a dick they are.

So I’m guessing you’re requesting a box of Tic Tacs then? Seems like my signature was right on the nose where you are concerned even though it has nothing to do with you. And my dad would be plenty proud of me, may he rest peace you smug $h!. You would do well to leave this one alone.

The plain and simple fact is that you jumped on this thread after bitching for it’s creation months ago on the Random Thoughts thread. Now one would normally see that as an opportunity to let said thread exist on its own since you have expressed no interest in the subject matter in the past, other than to talk $h! about it of course. We didn’t get that though. All everyone got on this thread from you was more trolling and snippy little remarks without merit and without facts. Take that as you will but the only ankle biting little bitch here is you. 

• Haha 1

Rivian has become one of the best electric auto start ups with secured $3 billion in funding in the last year.

https://electrek.co/2019/12/23/rivian-funding-tesla-investor/

Seems the 100,000 Amazon electric van order is valued @ $3 billion alone on top of building Fords F150 EV and bringing out their own truck and suv next year.

Will be exciting to see how they affect other auto makers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Near Reading, U.K.

79772752_1361031057392238_3387269092346953728_o.jpg

I have seen this on so many mid west gas stations that have had to dispose of the contaminated GAS in the ground. LOL, Goes both ways.

• 2 weeks later...

Fisker shows off their new CUV EV, $29,999 including the Federal Tax credit. 

AWESOME DEAL

https://ww.electrek.co/2020/01/05/fisker-ocean-unveiled-29999-base-w-credits-performance-0-60-in-2-9/

Screen-Shot-2020-01-05-at-12.36.07-PM-e1

Like the Looks of this! 😀

The story above seems to miss the point that Fisker is already saying you can reserve one for Lease @ $379.00 per month. This is for the 200 mile range EV version. Not bad.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/fisker-ocean-pricing-ces-2020/