Alternative Fuels & Propulsion RANDOM

51 minutes ago, David said:

Mach E is too good to be called a Mustang?

I take a personal offense to that sentence :)

Otherwise, maybe in 4-5 years Mach E will complement nicely my real Mustang.

Edited by ykX
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Tesla Aliens are coming!
Tesla doing a large fleet wide firmware update before shipping to Europe.

share.svg

Tesla updating software of a fleet in parking lot looks like the aliens are coming - Electrek

An extensive study just released cross-referenced household electricity usage in 2014-2017 with BE vehicle registrations, and found a surprising result. Based on electricity usage increases, the average BE is only traveling 5300 miles per year, or less than half that of the average vehicle overall. This was much less than projected by CA regulators, raising concerns that widespread BEV adaptation would not address greenhouse gas emissions on nearly the scale desired.

The paper stated that future research should explore possibilities for this including:
• BEs may be complementing gas-powered vehicles instead of replacing them.
• BEV buyers to date don't represent the 'broader vehicle-owning population'.

- - - - -
I struggle with how one needs to go much farther than past & current BE market share to instantly see the reasons posted above. I mean... right?

https://www.nber.org/papers/w28451?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosgenerate&stream=top

https://www.yahoo.com/news/electric-vehicle-owners-drive-them-141024144.html

- - - - -
What have I stated all along? :

THIS IS GOING TO TAKE FOREVER.

Edited by balthazar
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, balthazar said:

An extensive study just released cross-referenced household electricity usage in 2014-2017 with BE vehicle registrations, and found a surprising result. Based on electricity usage increases, the average BE is only traveling 5300 miles per year, or less than half that of the average vehicle overall. This was much less than projected by CA regulators, raising concerns that widespread BEV adaptation would address greenhouse gas emissions on nearly the scale desired.

The paper stated that future research should explore possibilities for this including:

- - - - -
I struggle with how one needs to go much farther than past & current BE market share to instantly see the reasons posted above. I mean... right?

https://www.nber.org/papers/w28451?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosgenerate&stream=top

- - - - -

I can respect and understand what is posted here. I also think this is based on a rather small, YES SMALL available data due to a limited variety of EV / BEV auto's. 

I actually expect things to change drastically once Full Size Truck and SUV EVs become standard and people continue with their live driving a BEV versus ICE and then we will see the reduction that science has projected based on scale.

I think anyone that wants static numbers at this point is silly as until we have replacements for all the ICE Trucks and SUVs, we will not see any real change. 

That does not mean it cannot happen once people have the options of what they want to drive in a BEV available from their favorite dealer.

Volvo has announced they will start sales later in 2021 of a complete assortment of Electric heavy duty trucks for Europe. Production of Electric Trucks or ETs are set to begin start of 2022 for delivery there after.

Volvo Trucks to launch full range of electric trucks in Europe in 2021 | Reuters

Toyota announced today that they will in co-partner with Hino develop a Hydrogen Class 8 series of trucks for North America. Toyota believes Hydrogen is a better way to go than electric for Class 8 trucks. The first prototypes will be out for testing by June 2021.

Toyota to develop fuel-cell electric truck for North America market | Reuters

The following 15 states have banded together to drive the move to clean heavy duty trucks.

The States include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington and Vermont. The goal is to be 30% ZEV by 2030 and 100% ZEV by 2050. This will start with all these states requiring ZEV medium and heavy duty trucks to begin sales starting January 1st 2024 and only selling ZEV trucks by 2045.

15 U.S. states to jointly work to advance electric heavy-duty trucks | Reuters

Final news is in relation to a Electric Semi Truck Startup called Thor that has now been rebranded XOS due to a lawsuit. While the Semi Truck is still in development, XOS has started production to deliver to freight companies like UPS a new local EV delivery van.

Xos Trucks

Loomis and UPS are launch customers who have started to take delivery.

image.png

XOS is also going public via a buy out by NexGen who uses the Shell Company SPAC. Allowing it to avoid massive red tape by being acquired allowing an easier way to raise funds to further company growth. Very interesting way to go public and makes one wonder if they can really stay solvent if they had to go through normal IPO methods. 

Exclusive: Electric truck maker Xos in deal talks to go public - sources | Reuters 

On 12/16/2020 at 9:57 AM, balthazar said:

Legal tender is legal tender; it's all good.

But the circa $75K tier is not the mainstream segment of the market. In order for IC bans to possibly work, there needs to be a wide selection at the median vehicle price.... or HALF that number.

There's a reason that GM and Ford no longer make vehicles that cheap anymore... they don't make money doing it. Taking away the Spark which no one buys anyway, the cheapest vehicle at GM right now is the $19,995 Trailblazer which you and I both know is unobtainium at that price and most of them are sold as LT AWDs with an MSRP of $26,695. The best selling GM that isn't a truck are the Equinox/Terrain twins. Average MSRP of $30k for those. 

The days of the $14k Sonic LT 5-door are over. 

As of this time last year, the average new car price was $37,867 and with production shortages, that price had to have climbed. 

average-new-car-price-2020.png

The Industry average is right above the Bolt EV's base price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

An extensive study just released cross-referenced household electricity usage in 2014-2017 with BE vehicle registrations, and found a surprising result. Based on electricity usage increases, the average BE is only traveling 5300 miles per year, or less than half that of the average vehicle overall. This was much less than projected by CA regulators, raising concerns that widespread BEV adaptation would address greenhouse gas emissions on nearly the scale desired.

- - - - -

- - - - -

Horrible selection bias, that study shows nothing of value.  2014 - 2017 the only BEVs available were Teslas, a few Bolts, the Nissan Leaf, the very and a few compliance cars with too short ranges.  I don't think anyone here needs a study to know that if you buy a vehicle with a 100 mile range, you're not going to be driving it as far as a gasoline vehicle or your lifestyle even with a gasoline vehicle doesn't involve driving long distances. It's a fairly big "duh!"

The Bolt wasn't even available nationwide until August of 2017.  Originally it was only sold in Metro areas of California and Oregon.

These days we have a number of longer range EVs with a whole bunch more hitting the market in the next 24 months.  Show me a 2021 - 2025 study and get back to me. 

So you can round file that study.

• Agree 1

Study was not about how many were bought, but how they affected the buyer’s motoring habits vs. the average motorist. With the reputedly average daily mileage people drive (is it around 30?), long range EVs - so I’ve read claims- aren’t “necessary”.

I do expect the numbers to shift, but the point in posting it was how far off the policymakers were in their projections, projections they unfortunately use to determine far distant regulations.

Edited by balthazar

14 hours ago, balthazar said:

Study was not about how many were bought, but how they affected the buyer’s motoring habits vs. the average motorist. With the reputedly average daily mileage people drive (is it around 30?), long range EVs - so I’ve read claims- aren’t “necessary”.

I do expect the numbers to shift, but the point in posting it was how far off the policymakers were in their projections, projections they unfortunately use to determine far distant regulations.

Again, short drives are mandated by short ranges.  People probably couldn't drive more even if they wanted to. Long range EVs change the equation.

My drives, on average, these past 12 months are probably less than 30 miles a day (and falling as I start to work from home more again). But I still would not want an EV that didn't have a ~300 mile range or better because I do like to take road trips. I couldn't do that in a Leaf, but I could in a Rivian. Both Albert and I could drive Volts to work and never use gas.

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

Probably correct, but $14K isn’t half of $75K.

I didn't say it was. I said the average is much higher than you seem to be implying.  Average transaction price is already higher than the base price of a Bolt.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Horrible selection bias, that study shows nothing of value.  2014 - 2017 the only BEVs available were Teslas, a few Bolts, the Nissan Leaf, the very and a few compliance cars with too short ranges.  I don't think anyone here needs a study to know that if you buy a vehicle with a 100 mile range, you're not going to be driving it as far as a gasoline vehicle or your lifestyle even with a gasoline vehicle doesn't involve driving long distances. It's a fairly big "duh!"

The Bolt wasn't even available nationwide until August of 2017.  Originally it was only sold in Metro areas of California and Oregon.

These days we have a number of longer range EVs with a whole bunch more hitting the market in the next 24 months.  Show me a 2021 - 2025 study and get back to me. 

So you can round file that study.

This was exactly my thoughts reading that as well. There just weren't enough EVs that had any decent range available. Of course people are only driving 5300 miles a year because they bought vehicles that get less than 100 miles per charge, unless you had a Tesla(at this time). They bought these vehicles because they didn't drive much and an EV made sense to them. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Average transaction price is already higher than the base price of a Bolt.

The cars that bring that average above base price of Bolt are bigger and better than Bolt. 

Bolt starts at $36.5k.  For that money one could get for example loaded CX-5 Grand Touring which will be miles better car than Bolt.

Edited by ykX

24 minutes ago, ykX said:

The cars that bring that average above base price of Bolt are bigger and better than Bolt. 

Bolt starts at $36.5k.  For that money one could get for example loaded CX-5 Grand Touring which will be miles better car than Bolt.

"Better" is subjective. My "best" will be different than your "best" will be different than Albert's "best". My $36k went to a 7 year old Avalanche with 12,800 miles on it.  If I had another $36k to spend it would be on a 2019 CT6.  Albert would be fine with a Bolt at that price because he'd never have to fuel it and it has CarPlay and heated seats... the only features he cares about and they lease cheap.  The killer for us was the lack of AWD, but Bolts come pretty nicely equipped even at base prices. 

Edit: Just priced one out on Chevy's website and they have $7,000 cash back + 0% for 84 months for financing and $6,750 cashback for leases.  So now you need to compare it to $29k cars instead.  Plus I still think it qualifies for the tax credit, but I'm not sure. Damn... now you've got me thinking of one as a commuter scooter....

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

"Better" is subjective. My "best" will be different than your "best" will be different than Albert's "best". My $36k went to a 7 year old Avalanche with 12,800 miles on it. 

You comparing apples to oranges.  You can't compare new car to a used one, of course a used car makes a better value.

7 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Albert would be fine with a Bolt at that price because he'd never have to fuel it and it has CarPlay and heated seats...

He would still need to recharge it, and more often than refueling.  Not sure why refueling once in two weeks is a big deal, but regarding CarPlay and heated seats, that can be found for much cheaper than $36k.

The bottom line, and we all talked about it many times already, the EVs on average are considerably more expensive right now than comparable ICE vehicles (even considering savings on gas and maintenance).

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ykX said:

You comparing apples to oranges.  You can't compare new car to a used one, of course a used car makes a better value.

He would still need to recharge it, and more often than refueling.  Not sure why refueling once in two weeks is a big deal, but regarding CarPlay and heated seats, that can be found for much cheaper than $36k.

The bottom line, and we all talked about it many times already, the EVs on average are considerably more expensive right now than comparable ICE vehicles (even considering savings on gas and maintenance).

He wouldn't recharge it at all.  I'd plug it in for him on Sundays and he'd be set for a week.

And Apples to Oranges is exactly my point.  Everybody's best is different.  I don't mind buying low-mileage used but there are some people who never buy used for whatever reason they have. There are people who value efficiency over performance... they're never going to buy a $35k Camaro. There are people who value performance over space, they're never going to buy a Pacifica Hybrid. 

Part of the problem the industry has today is that the automotive media has told everyone that the "best" is a German or Japanese crossover and if you can't afford that, Domestic will do. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

And Apples to Oranges is exactly my point. 

This whole discussion started when you said that the average price of a NEW car is higher than the price of base Bolt.  I simply pointed out that the cars that bring that average higher than the Bolt are much better cars in every measurable metric.

4 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Part of the problem the industry has today is that the automotive media has told everyone that the "best" is a German or Japanese crossover and if you can't afford that, Domestic will do. 

I just used CX-5 as an example.  If you prefer a domestic example new loaded Equinox Premier with AWD starts at $34k.

Here is one perfect example that says it all

image.png.e03d713cf614c31d6b6b966bee557e95.png

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, ykX said:

This whole discussion started when you said that the average price of a NEW car is higher than the price of base Bolt.  I simply pointed out that the cars that bring that average higher than the Bolt are much better cars in every measurable metric.

I just used CX-5 as an example.  If you prefer a domestic example new loaded Equinox Premier with AWD starts at $34k.

Or even a hybrid Escape rated at 41mpg combined for 28k(AWD for $1500 more) or RAV4 hybrid is right around the same price, 29k with AWD. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ykX said:

Not every metric. They aren't anywhere near as efficient.  That matters to some people. 

And lets take your argument upscale. By every one of my metrics, except efficiency, there are rows and rows of cars that I would buy before I bought a Tesla.... doesn't matter the model, pick one and its direct competition in price is going to have a better interior and better build quality. Lets take the high end Model-X, I think the only gas powered vehicle at that price that has a worse interior is the Maserati Levante.  Go to any "Premier Automotive Group" dealership that has all the lux brands, close your eyes, spin and point, and you'll end up with a better vehicle than the Model X by every possible measure except efficiency.

However, Tesla keeps beating those other brands in sales in those market segments.... and not by a little, but by a lot.  I'm too sick to go look up the stats, but the Model-3 is outselling 3-series, C-class, and A4 combined some months. 

The EV is going to take the same trajectory as the Smart Phone in adoption.  First its going to be an expensive toy for rich people (iPhone, BlackBerry), one brand will dominate as "best" (Apple), and eventually other brands will come in and tackle the lower end markets (Samsung, LG). A few upstarts will show up (OnePlus) that make a lot of noise and then fade away, and the Old Guard (Motorola, Nokia) will try to have a go at it.

The adoption curve will take longer, but it will be almost exactly the same shape.   And in both cases, @ocnblu will be sitting there in a gas powered something with a flip phone. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I didn't say it was. I said the average is much higher than you seem to be implying.  Average transaction price is already higher than the base price of a Bolt.

To clarify, I stated BE’s need to be at the median new vehicle price, or half of the common BE tag of $75K. In Dec when I stated that, the current info that that number is now $40K hadn’t come out.

6 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The EV is going to take the same trajectory as the Smart Phone in adoption.  First its going to be an expensive toy for rich people (iPhone, BlackBerry), one brand will dominate as "best" (Apple), and eventually other brands will come in and tackle the lower end markets (Samsung, LG).

Absolutely no argument there.  EV will take over eventually.  But at the moment they don't make sense from a pure financial point, even considering their much higher efficiency.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ykX said:

Absolutely no argument there.  EV will take over eventually.  But at the moment they don't make sense from a pure financial point, even considering their much higher efficiency.

Depends on which price point you're shopping. If your X3 xDrive lease is almost up and you can get get over the interior, a Tesla is a viable option. X3 xDrive30 - $43,000 / GLC 4Matic - $45,200 / Model-Y - $46,690 after tax credits and gas savings.*

*and yes, before @balthazar attacks that point, calculating fuel spend is a valid part of the equation. At 25 mpg combined both of the germans are going to cost $1,400 a year to fuel while the Tesla will be a tiny fraction of that.

• Agree 1

Exciting News, Jeep released the first teaser image of their EV Wrangler with a great video showing the skeleton of the Wrangler EV. Check it out on their web site. It seems we will see our working prototype this spring.

As Jeep Says, knowing where your been allows you to know where you are going and "The best is yet to come!"

AWESOME MARKETING MESSAGE ABOVE!!!

The Road Ahead and the Future of American Adventure | Jeep®

image.png

Jeep will also have Solar Powered Charging Stations at dedicated off-roading places such as Rubicon and more.

image.png

@Robert Hall Here is your next possible Grand Cherokee CPO.

Snag_1e903a9f.png

• Agree 1

The wraper has come off the latest EV car to be released. Audi E-Tron GT.

• 590 HP, 637 HP in over boost mode.
  • 612 lb-ft of torque
  • 0-60 mph of 3.1 seconds
  • Top speed of 155 mph
  • .24 coefficient of drag
  • 238 mile battery range

2022 Audi E-Tron GT electric car: Up to 238-mile range for quickest quattro yet (greencarreports.com)

Audi unveils 2022 e-tron GT – combining luxury and electric performance (electrek.co)

image.png

I will say it is better looking than the Porsche I think,

In 2019 Mercedes-Benzes had a global market share of 2% plug-in PHEV/BEV auto's. In 2020 they had a 229% increase in sales increasing their plug-in sales to 7.4% of total global sales. Mercedes expects global sales to increase to 13% of total auto sales for Plug-in PHEV/BEV.

Charged EVs | Mercedes-Benz triples global plug-in sales, meets 2020 European emissions targets - Charged EVs

It was YEARS ago that Tesla CEO Musk promised an affordable EV. That has never really come to happen, yet now we have the following interview with the President of China Tesla who says a $25,000 Tesla EV will happen and be a global auto.

Per the interview above, he clearly states the car will be first and foremost built for the China Market first and then extra capacity to build and export around the world.

According to the President he is very vague at what shape this EV would take, but Musk's own ramblings would imply a hatchback of some kind. Musk has said that the company is a few years away from having the battery technology to have such cheap EVs, but this is the start of R&D for such a car.

Interesting is the story below states that Tesla has killed their own public relations department and as such, no way to confirm what the president says above in an official statement from Tesla.

Musk's promised $25,000 Tesla EV will be sold globally, China exec confirms - Roadshow (cnet.com)

• Agree 1

VW was caught with transporting for testing one of the first ID.Buzz EV Vans. Seems while we do not have the concept sheet metal, that might still come, but this is testing the EV platform in a van form.

image.png

Volkswagen ID. Buzz appears in spy photos as a shortened Transporter | Autoblog

• Agree 1

Peter Brock the 19 year old designer at GM who was involved in the original C2 Corvette and Ian Callum an alum from Jaguar and Aston Martin are re-imaging a 21st century version with 1,200+ horsepower EV Corvette. Sold from 1963 to 1967, this effort is being done at the AVA Studio in Ireland.

image.png

The AVA Stingray is a mega-horsepower EV based on the C2 Chevy Corvette | Autoblog

The AVA Stingray.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

3 hours ago, David said:

Peter Brock the 19 year old designer at GM who was involved in the original C2 Corvette and Ian Callum an alum from Jaguar and Aston Martin are re-imaging a 21st century version with 1,200+ horsepower EV Corvette. Sold from 1963 to 1967, this effort is being done at the AVA Studio in Ireland.

image.png

The AVA Stingray is a mega-horsepower EV based on the C2 Chevy Corvette | Autoblog

The AVA Stingray.

Coincidentally, it is rumoured that the C8 E-Ray Hybrid will be ready to be sold to the public as of 2022,. BEFORE the Z06. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/3/2021 at 6:39 PM, ocnblu said:

Just... so FIERCE in countenance!

This is just so much sexier....GM...appeals to Baltazar...Pontiac...appeals to everyone...TA...appeals to Oldshurst...automotive content and keeping it real...appeals to Drew...people who are sane like YKX and CCAP will find nothing to like at all...USA-1 Will find a way to make this positive....Dave87Rs will compare this to his Cobalt...what a win!

Image result for Pontiac aztek

10 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Coincidentally, it is rumoured that the C8 E-Ray Hybrid will be ready to be sold to the public as of 2022,. BEFORE the Z06. 

Sweet. they can't build ICE Vettes, let's add Electric vettes that they won't be able to build due to aprts shortages also. 

On 2/5/2021 at 2:25 PM, ykX said:

I take a personal offense to that sentence :)

Otherwise, maybe in 4-5 years Mach E will complement nicely my real Mustang.

Side by side....enjoy both till you are a grouchy old man. Then they can collect dust in your garage while you find existential meaning upvoting and downvoting posts on C and G. 

There even was a guy named red green....how appropriate...

Speaking of old...

May be an image of text that says 'hate when older people say "you're too young to be tired"... alright margaret you're too old to be alive but here we are'

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

^ This guy really knows how to monologue, but I value that he doesn't just breezily say 'Oh; future tech advances will work everything out, period' like other do. Watched 5:30 mins, can't argue with that part of it.

He is one of my favorite guys on youtube. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

^ This guy really knows how to monologue, but I value that he doesn't just breezily say 'Oh; future tech advances will work everything out, period' like other do. Watched 5:30 mins, can't argue with that part of it.

Agree that he makes some very valid points. Investments in our basic infrastructure has to happen and a change in mind set about how we manage our power grid no different than water, land, etc. 

We honestly need to reduce spending money on our military in terms of buying more ships, tanks, guns when we have such a surplus already and invest those dollars in modern clean water delivery, redundant electrical with computer software managed monitoring, etc. So many things we need to do more than out spend the world on ships that go into mothball or tanks or surplus military guns sold to local police.

The point is NOT POLITICAL, Just basic needs of society where our tax dollars can be better spent.

This investment will then support the needed change over to better means of transportation.

• Agree 1

Exciting news on the EV front. Effenco is offering their Heavy Duty EV Powertrain at the same price as the Diesel version. The truck technology is used in over 400 different trucks in 10 countries and has over 3 million miles driven now. Their Supercapacitor battery system allows a much faster recharge time over traditional Li-Ion battery packs and will allow companies especially in the shipping container yards to change over to EV faster since the cost is the same with better performance from higher torque and power.

image.png

image.png

Charged EVs | Effenco offers its heavy-duty EV powertrain at the same purchase price as diesel alternatives - Charged EVs

TOYOTA has announced today that they will introduce two electric auto's and a new plug-in Hybrid in 2021 to their portfolio. Electrification began 25 years ago with the Prius and continues today with their newest BEV and PHEV auto's to come to market in 2021.

Per the press release, Toyota has announced that 40% of the New U.S. auto sales will be in the form of Hybrids, Plug-in Hybrids and EVs with a 70% sales rate by 2030.

Toyota has their new e-TNGA EV platform that is also being shared with Subaru and will be what Subaru builds their EVs on that will come out in the near future too.

This third Plug-in hybrid will join the highly successful Prius Prime and RAV4 Prime.

image.png

Toyota to Debut Three New Electrified Vehicles for U.S. Market - Toyota USA Newsroom

Toyota confirms US arrival for two electric vehicle models in 2021 (greencarreports.com)

• Agree 1

One aspect of the above video that needs to be analyzed (and maybe he did in the rest I didn't watch) is that there's not necessarily a limitless amount of grid increase 'out there'.

ALSO, it's a lot easier and cheaper to go from -say- 1 million to 1.33 million (a gain of 330,000) than it is to go from 4 million to 5.32 million (a gain of 1,320,000). That same percentage in both cases (33%) is 4 times larger in the second scenario.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, balthazar said:

One aspect of the above video that needs to be analyzed (and maybe he did in the rest I didn't watch) is that there's not necessarily a limitless amount of grid increase 'out there'.

ALSO, it's a lot easier and cheaper to go from -say- 1 million to 1.33 million (a gain of 330,000) than it is to go from 4 million to 5.32 million (a gain of 1,320,000). That same percentage in both cases (33%) is 4 times larger in the second scenario.

While the author put in gm when it should be GE in the title as the story does identify that this is about GE turbines, the amount of power these new versions can create can clearly add a ton of power to the grid.

Vestas takes GM’s ‘world’s largest offshore wind turbine’ title (electrek.co)

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Nothing is as heavenly yummy and tantalizing  as a Pearl Milling...Company pancake. 

Wrong thread.

It was my random thought of the day...  I guess I just saw "Random" and I went for it.   

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Wrong thread.

It was my random thought of the day...  I guess I just saw "Random" and I went for it.   

That is OK, I responded to you in the proper word channel! :P 

• Haha 1

Today EVGo anounced that Tesla owners would gain an additional 600 recharging stations across the US as EVGo adds Tesla Charging cords to their stations.

Tesla connectors coming to over 600 EVgo electric vehicle charging stations - Electrek

Teslas will soon be compatible with EVgo charging stations across the US - Roadshow (cnet.com)

Continued expansion of charging options for the EV revolution.

• Agree 1

revel, a startup that in 2018 launched across multiple cities, New York City, Washington DC, Miami and the California Bay Area with a fleet of electric mopeds has now expanded again starting in Brooklyn NYC with their first Superhub ultra fast charging with a Superhub built in the old Brooklyn Pfizer building parking garage. 630 Flushing Avenue

Revel believes they can grow beyond everyone else due to a simple business model of the following:

• Only pay for your charge, never for access to our Superhubs
  • Level 3 chargers for charging everyone
  • Latest tech for the quickest charge available.
  • Superhubs with no wait, multiple chargers supporting simultaneous charging.

image.png

Revel - Electrifying Urban Mobility (gorevel.com)

Press Release Revel 2_03 Charging Announcement Release.pdf

Kia has updated their transition plan for global sales of EV's. This week Kia updated their Plan S that called for 11 EVs by 2030 as they transition from ICE to Electrification.

Today, Kia is moving up to have 7 dedicated EV's on the market by 2026 from an 11 model EV lineup. Kia is planning to have 40% of global auto sales be EVs by 2030 as they then start to phase out ICE in favor of an EV lineup.

Kia unveils roadmap for transformation, focusing on EVs and mobility solutions (kiamedia.com)

Kia won the J.D. Powers Survey for top EV in it's respective category for the Kia Niro EV having the best ownership experience. This was based on reply's by 10,000 Kia Niro EV owners.

KIA NIRO EV NAMED CATEGORY WINNER IN NEW J.D. POWER ELECTRIC VEHICLE EXPERIENCE OWNERSHIP STUDY (kiamedia.com)

Kia Motors America Newsroom (kiamedia.com)

Ford is doing an awesome job of driving interest in science and the latest is with the Mach-E and Rockets and Gravity.

Challenge Accepted: Mustang Mach-E Takes on Gravity, Lightning, DNA and More in New Science-Inspired Campaign | Ford Media Center

• Like 1

We were talking about diesel/gas and BE losing mpg in cold temps. TFL did this real world test of the GMC 3.0L Duramax, running it on a 421 mile road trip on 3 degree temps. Computer trip odo said 24.4, calculated mpg was 25.3.

Truck is rated at 22/26.

Edited by balthazar
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1