Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

I'm pregnant

Satty

...but my girlfriend is. She's 10 weeks along now, which makes me wonder why she waited until 3 weeks ago to tell me. <_< But anyways, she went to the doctor the other day and apparently she had been carrying twins until one of them quit growing at about 9 weeks, the other appears normal and healthy, even if it does look a bit like a blob. But I'm excited and nervous and sometimes flat-out scared. But overall hooray for me!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna buy one of those male breastfeeding kits? :P

Supposedly if a baby sucks on a man's nipple long enough, he'll produce milk. I'm thankful I remembered to forget where I heard that, because I might be inclined to look into it more just out of curiosity.

I've got a CSV with your name on it...

Posted Image

:( The idea of driving a minivan makes me sad. We've already discussed it and we're bringing it home from the hospital in her Rodeo, not my Solara. We haven't really talked about names, setting up a room for it, any of that stuff, but we know what it will ride home in.

Oops was another name that was shot down.

The doctors appointment was interesting. I went along because I had nothing better to do, plus every father I know say its part of the experience and both parents should be there, blah blah blah. well, all went as expected until it came time for the ultrasound. I was expecting the thing they run over the tummy, but no this was a wand. About nine inches long, I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out where it goes. I'm glad it wasn't ribbed, she may have never left.

Anywho......we somehow got three different due dates, August 6th, August 19th and August 22nd. August 15th would be exactly halfway between my birthday and her birthday, so that would be pretty cool.

Wow! Congradulations man! When I found myself an expecting father at 24 it scared the &#036;h&#33; out of me. Money, responsibilty and a decent domiscile were all lacking but the moment I saw Sofia a peaceful calm set over me. I knew everything would be okay. Fatherhood has been the most fulfilling and fantastic experience of my life. I wouldn't take back Sofia for all the muscle cars in the world. :)

As far as names how about "Max Power"? I got it off a hairdryer. :P

I dont want it to have one of those really common names, but I dont like mythology names too much.  The only serious suggestion I have made is Raven, because Poe was the shiznit.  She didn't say no to that one.

I like a lot of short names. Here are some suggestions:

For a dude:

Ryan

Brett

Troy

Matt

Rome

Alex

Torrance

Joshua

Ross

Ivan

Jared

For a chick:

Madison

Lee

Laura

Lynn

Amy

Kathryn

Genevieve

Jessica

Monica

Lauren

Daytona

Hope it helps...

Congrats, man!

Well... congratulations, Satty. :D Just don't end up like my cousin... who currently has two sets of twins... at 22. He gave up his highly modified S10 Extreme for the first set. To make it worse, his wife is a total bitch. A nightmare. She makes me glad I'm gay. :lol::P

As for names... I think Cory rocks for a boy. Yup. B)

I like a lot of short names.  Here are some suggestions:

For a dude:

Ryan

Brett

Troy

Matt

Rome

Alex

Torrance

Joshua

Ross

Ivan

Jared

One of your dude names is my name, but I sure wouldn't name a boy Rome, Torrance, or Ivan.

Oops was another name that was shot down.

Did you try Score?

Like, my sperm scored a touchdown!

There was a girl at my school whose mom's name was Muffy. That would be an interesting name to have to live up to. No matter how hard I try I can only picture one specific type of woman.

Felictacions! Bon chance. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.....have fun cleaning poo!

Son in law #3 has a middle name of James. He named both of his sons with the same middle name. They just had a beautiful baby girl. I always thought the James for every body name wa lame so I insisted (and won) that they name the girl James also. It's like an old episode of the Bob Newhart show.

One of your dude names is my name, but I sure wouldn't name a boy Rome, Torrance, or Ivan.

I can see Rome and Torrance being kinda out-there (what can I say, I like place-names), but what's wrong with Ivan? I know a few Ivans, and while it's a little formal-sounding, I don't get your aversion to that name?

It's Russian.  Wolfgang or Otto are good German names, but I wouldn't give those names to an American boy.

Haha that's funny...both of the Ivans I know are Hispanic :lol:

Oh, well. I know where you're coming from, though, as I feel the same way about the name "Liam." I wouldn't name anyone outside of the UK Liam...

Congrats Satty. There's nothing like parenthood. Nothing like the child birth either. I was cool until after they were born, and then when I was making phone calls to my parents to tell them the happy news, I just couldn't stop balling. It was complete joy unlike anything else I've experienced.

A little tip for ya: DO NOT TEASE YOUR WIFE WHILE SHE'S IN LABOR. Making a smart-ass comment like "If you hurry up, we can turn on the T-wolves game on at 7:30" would be considered a very poorly thought out wisecrack (just an example :blink: )

Congrats Satty.  There's nothing like parenthood.  Nothing like the child birth either.  I was cool until after they were born, and then when I was making phone calls to my parents to tell them the happy news, I just couldn't stop balling.  It was complete joy unlike anything else I've experienced.

A little tip for ya: DO NOT TEASE YOUR WIFE WHILE SHE'S IN LABOR.  Making a smart-ass comment like "If you hurry up, we can turn on the T-wolves game on at 7:30" would be considered a very poorly thought out wisecrack (just an example  :blink: )

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Edited by CD/BP

Well, congrats from another recent father here. My little guy will be 6 months old on Feb 8th, and all I can say is what a joy those six months have been. The naming process was one of the hardest processes during her pregnancy. Being a teacher, I know MANY kids and when the wife would make a suggestion it would be hard because I already know X-many kids wuth that name, or on the flip-side I'd know a kid who was a real jerk with that name. Good luck to you on your name hunt!

Just don't be influenced by what you read about a name's meaning—most so-called guides are complete BS. Even if a meaning can be traced (and for several reasons many can't) quite often it is a relatively meaningless compound created to sound nice, or imposing or lucky. Some names can have varing meanings depending on the language using it. Charles/Karl originally meant "old(man)", in which sense it was borrowed by Finnish. As a term of respect like old boy, old man, elder, sir (an abbreviation of "senior"), senor, monseignor or herr (lit. grey), it was used in the German languages to refer to any (and therefore the most basic status of) freeman. Thanks to Charles the Great (Charlemagne), it was then borrowed into many Slavic languages with the sense of "king".

Congrats!! Tip: do not watch the actual birth (by all means be in the delivery room tho)- there's something inately disturbing at seeing a little human being squeeze out of your girl's (|).

Names are tough, indeed. Old world names are a neat idea... especially if your desire is to toughen up your kid by having the snot beat out of him weekly. Seriously- teasing wears down the strongest of them- be thorough. I went thru a relatively tough elementary & high school tho; not that my name was the issue but fighting was common over the stupidest and petty of things. Don't make the name one of them.

Lucy: "I want the names to be unique and euphonious."

Ricky: "Fine, Unique if he's a boy and Euphonious if she's a girl."

Lucy: "For your information, those are not names, they're just words."

Ricky: "Well, they're the prettiest ones you've mentioned yet!"

there's something inately disturbing at seeing a little human being squeeze out of your girl's (|).

so that's how it works!

Oh, and kudos for naming your son after a nation ruler griffon. My kid's name is going to be Escalade, after a very fancy truck.

and i'll buy you a fist in your face if you don't quit that joke :angry:  :AH-HA_wink:

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine :cue Andy from Wet Hot American Summer:

I'll buy you a churro from the Santa Monica Pier instead :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Croc

Update on naming it:

I'm not allowed anywhere near the child's name. She said that after I said I wanted to name it Nemo. So thanks for the suggestions, I may drop a couple of them later on when she's having trouble coming up with somethign I wont veto.

Right now I'm just waiting for the morning sickness to wear off, she's pretty grumpy because of it.