I'm pregnant

Satty

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

… for a guy

i like names that are short and end with the sound "e" cuz it sounds fun to me …

You mean like Jody, Tracey, Jamie, Ashley, Julie, Judy, Mary … oops some of those are girls names.

Satty, I'm sure I read in the NYT once about certain vitamin supplements normally prescribed to morning sickness.

Not sure if this was the article.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...th&pagewanted=2

It wasn't, it was this one, which just makes me mad as h—. And to think tort lawyers have th temerity t complain that they have to find reliable witnesses. As Shakespeare says in Henry VI part II "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...75AC0A9669C8B63

Edited by thegriffon

Preventing, not causing. A multivitamin every day, from as early as possible. The most effective cure is Diclectin, a combination of B6 and an OTC antihistimine which may cause drowsiness (so no driving etc.). Apparently still not available in the US*. March of Dimes has a similar article.

http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/681_1820.asp

More than five years later the manufacturer still does not dare sell Diclectin in the US (in Canada it is protected from the frivoulous lawsuits that drove Benedictin from the market), and many doctors are too scared of lawsuits to mention any possible treatment for morningsickness.

*possibly approved and available from some US pharmacies which import it themselves. As the later NYT article states other pharamcies can make up the combination for you, but it means taking more pills.

Edited by thegriffon

Her doctor gave her three different kinds of prenatal vitamins and told her to try each one for a week or so then see which one works best. The first ones she tried were the ones with the most B6, and the morning sickness was pretty much gone. I told her that she should probably just call the doctor and get more of those. But no, she wanted to try the other two and has been miserable with both of them. See, I'm always right.

Congrats Satty! Wish you all the best and no complications...... and yeah, you'll most lkely end up being right in many things throughout the pregnancy but be carefull cuz ladies are up and down when they are pregnant...... My roommate in college, second year was pregnant.....

• 2 months later...

We went for an ultrasound Monday afternoon, and its a boy who so far appears perfectly healthy. I have mixed feelings on this, in my experience boys are a pain in the ass until they turn about 10, then they're easy to deal with, girl are just the opposite, easy for parents until 9 or 10 then they become absolute hell.

We went for an ultrasound Monday afternoon, and its a boy who so far appears perfectly healthy.  I have mixed feelings on this, in my experience boys are a pain in the ass until they turn about 10, then they're easy to deal with, girl are just the opposite, easy for parents until 9 or 10 then they become absolute hell.

Keep the kid mature and you won't need to worry about a damn thing. Keep him active, but keep it in check that you're in control without having a ruler nearby to smack him around. It'll be okay. Congratulations and good luck!

keep him active. be stern. be the teacher. mold him to be like you. take him fishing, camping, play ball, play hide and seek. have a ball. always alkways always give him the full credit he deserves and trust him to make good decisions while instilling in him your beliefs and morals. you'll do fine.

i take things too seriously. you'll make a great, offbeat dad

Just make sure you try to connect with him as he's growing up. When planning family fun days, make sure it really is fun for the whole family. Encourage/force him to try new things. Foster independence. Make sure you actually know your kid...it sucks when that doesn't happen.

I honestly dreaded the day when my nephew came here thinking he would not anything but pleasant (sorry, but I don't get along with babies).

however this two year old nephew of mine is absolutely my world. I can honestly say that this kid means the world to me. The others are right, you must be stern with him. My nephew is the little $h! that thinks he can get away with anything. That may be true to an extent until he comes to visit "Uncle Puck" as he loves to refer to me as.

• 2 months later...

I shall name him.......

Periwinkle

Or not....we haven't really talked about names much lately, she still likes Alexander and I could live with that, so its probably what we'll end up naming him. I can always give him a nickname, like Thunderbird Hellcat.

Just seen this thread, god im slow. Anyways congrats Satty, im plenty sure you'll be an awesome dad. However, when he ask you what sodomy is...whats your answer going to be?? :P

I will very diplomatically say that a lack of interest in sodomy created him.

haha any name is better than some of the ones celebrities use...geri halliwell recently gave birth and named her little girl Bluebell Madonna Halliwell...WTF???????????

WTF??? Guess she want's her daughter to be a fat cow like the one in the Bluebell ice cream commercials. Not sure how many other places that ice cream is sold. As far as I know it's only in Texas.

Outback is a great restaurant it's too bad that most everyone

who works at the Tyngsboro one is a d!ckhead. Every time

we go there or do curbside takeaway half of our order is

messed up and or/missing. It's always fun telling them that

the food will be picked up by a 1968 Camaro. There's always

a pause & then a "a what Camaro?", "oh, the year... 1968".

• 1 month later...

Don't worry Satty, the time will fly by. My little guy (Justin) will be one year old on Tuesday, Aug 8th. Where did this past year go???

So, have you decided on the room decor for the little guy? We went with a construction theme, b/c I didn't like any of the other car-related stuf for babies. Of course I told the wife that it had to be car-related themed - nothing else would do! And just recently we bought some TONKA-themed bedroom furniture from Toys R Us for the next phase.

Let's throw Satty a C&G baby shower!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, todays the day.  I'm nervous as hell and cant sleep.  We're going to the hospital around 7, the c-section should be done by 9.

180518[/snapback]

Today is a good day to be born! It's my birfday as well as Napoleon Bonaparte(sp?).

Good luck.

Best of luck with everything.

Ok, todays the day.  I'm nervous as hell and cant sleep.  We're going to the hospital around 7, the c-section should be done by 9.

180518[/snapback]

Cool. Good luck. Exciting...glad it's you and not me.

It will have the same birthday as my Dad...and Napoleon....and C&Gs Lakefire.

Cheers.

Edited by trinacriabob

She gave birth (well, got cut open and had a baby yanked out) at 9:26 this morning. He weighed 9lbs 7oz and was 21 inches long. In other words, huge. My girlfriend is fine and resting at the hospital, I'm on my way back. Alex (the name debate re-emerged, now it looks like it'll be Michael Alexander) had low blood sugar when he was born so they took him to NICU and he started breathing a little too quickly. He's calmed down now and his blood sugar is slowly being returned to normal, he's going to be in NICU overnight, but everything should be ok. Did I mention he's huge? I sent a friend of mine a text saying the kid could be the second string fullback for a fre NFL teams. I was going to grab my digi when I left the hospital so I could post some pics but forgot to, so you'll have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for all of your kind words and support.

Congratumalations, Satty. I can't wait to see the pics.

Welcome to the world, Michael Alexander :)

Posted Image

My digi sucks, as does my ability to take pictures so this is the best I can do for now. Hopefully I'll have some better pics tomorrow when an email goes out from a friend of ours who came to visit this afternoon. Thats all, I'm hella tired, slept about 3 hours in the last 2 days. I cant even imagine how Dawn feels. She's lucky, she gets morphine.

I think I already see the beginnings of a mullet :wink:

180863[/snapback]

Want to hear something messed up? A friend of hers was in the room visiting and we showed her a pic the hospital took that shows he has a pretty good head of hair already and I said, "Yeah, I'm thinking he'll be going business in the front, party in the back with that" and she looked at me in horror thinking I was serious.

Apparently its really mean to take Chinese food into the room where a pregnant woman who is still on a clear liquid diet is staying and eat it in front of her. I was hungry and I told her that I'd get hor something good when they allowed her to eat solid food.

She gave birth (well, got cut open and had a baby yanked out) at 9:26 this morning.  He weighed 9lbs 7oz and was 21 inches long.  In other words, huge.  My girlfriend is fine and resting at the hospital, I'm on my way back.  Alex (the name debate re-emerged, now it looks like it'll be Michael Alexander) had low blood sugar when he was born so they took him to NICU and he started breathing a little too quickly.  He's calmed down now and his blood sugar is slowly being returned to normal, he's going to be in NICU overnight, but everything should be ok.  Did I mention he's huge?  I sent a friend of mine a text saying the kid could be the second string fullback for a fre NFL teams.  I was going to grab my digi when I left the hospital so I could post some pics but forgot to, so you'll have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow. 

Thanks for all of your kind words and support.

180713[/snapback]

NOW THAT'S A BIG BABY!!!!! God bless the women for carrying them and trying to force them out the pelvis when they can or in this case, C sec.

How does it feel? Its a life change........feels great for you I bet.

My daughter's b'day is tomorrow, we missed it being the same by one day.

Best wishes to your family Satty and big time congrats. Enjoy the ride!

Hold that lil'boy like you never wanna let em go.

time to go minivan shopping!

Edited by regfootball

Congrats.

From now on your life will be forever divided into two "eras". Before &

after this little guy came into your life. It's hard work at times but it's

also the most rewarding job you can ever imagine... I love being a

parent. Kids are fantastic.

Congrats to you Satty. Looks like a strong healthy boy. I can't wait till Amy has our little one. I still don't know what the child is going to be, everyone keeps saying a girl, I want a boy, my dad wants a boy, and my granddad wants a boy, so we're going to all hope for a boy. Honestly though, I'll be glad if the kid comes out with all the proper arms, legs, fingers, toes, and its healthy. Good luck to you on being a dad and I hope that y'all can get some rest soon (although that's unlikely with the two-hour feeding schedule).