So after the '07 product blitz, only 3 for '08?

Since the '07 releases have been already announced, it sounds like from the rumour mill that there are only going to be 3 new GM models for '08 from what I've seen so far--Malibu, CTS, and Enclave.. (maybe 4 if the Opel Astra coming for Saturn to replace the Ion is in MY '08, though it's not a new car--new to the US, but the current European model, I believe)?

Besides refreshes/upgrades of existing models, anything else on the horizon for the '08 MY?

(Maybe the Camaro? :) It will be interesting to see if it will be a MY '08 release...)

Edited by moltar

Since the '07 releases have been already announced, it sounds like from the rumour mill that there are only going to be 3 new GM models for '08 from what I've seen so far--Malibu, CTS, and Enclave..  (maybe 4 if the Opel Astra coming for Saturn to replace the Ion is in MY '08)?

Besides refreshes/upgrades of existing models, anything else on the horizon for the '08 MY?

176600[/snapback]

Did I miss something? are Outlook and Acadia going to be '07s?

Did I miss something? are Outlook and Acadia going to be '07s?

176602[/snapback]

That's what the press releases indicate. ('Official 2007 Model Year Updates' posted elsewhere in the forums).

Edited by moltar

Yeah, the Outlook and Acadia are very late '07's, expect them in November.

Are there really only 3 new products for '08? I think we're supposed to get a significantly different H2 and a new Vibe in addition ot what moltar listed, but I guess there's not much unless Zeta is further along than we think. The Cobalt also gets a pretty big MCE I think.

hm... malibu, enclave, lacross (if that counts) the "new" cts... aura GL and RL most likely, is the new saturn astra an 07? can't remeber, and the possiblily of the camaro... seems just alittle early to say 08 will be boring... might have the new corvette engines...?

well for 08 Launch vehicles...

there should be the launch of the

Hybrid Tahoe

Saturn RL Sky

Saturn RL Aura

Saturn GL Aura?

Chevy Malibu?

Chevy Camaro?

Whatever is left of the GMT900 series Sierra/Silverado HD...

Chevy Aveo5 should be redesigned

Cadillac CTS

Hummer models?

Saab?

GMC?

Pontiac GTO replacement?

I think in 2008 a lot of powertrain and interior refinements will be made, example 6 speed transmissons... class leading fuel ecconomy?

I think in 2008 a lot of powertrain and interior refinements will be made, example 6 speed transmissons... class leading fuel ecconomy?

176729[/snapback]

sounds like a good assesment, w/ the 3.6DI coming out... maybe a glimpse into the next N* and more 6speeds. and like i said, other than the 900s and like new products, anything that hasn't been restyled from 2005 and before, people will crow about if they don't get interior upgrades that can't, at least, "meet the competition".

According to Motor Trend, as we know they are a very un-biased and 100% correct magazine :rolleyes: , we can expect;

Buick Enclave

Cadillac BRX

Cadillac CTS

Chevrolet Aveo 5-door

Chevrolet Malibu

Chevrolet Trailblazer (and this is how we know MT is spot on :stupid: )

GMC Envoy (see above)

GMC Yukon Hybrid

Hummer H3 Alpha

Pontiac Bonneville

Pontiac GTO

Pontiac Solstice hardtop

Pontiac Sport Wagon (see Chevrolet Trailblazer)

Saturn Ion

I did leave out the ones that they say are 2008s that are actually 2007s.

Has anyone heard any new information regarding whether or not a 2008 Malibu Maxx hatch/wagon will exist?

According to Motor Trend, as we know they are a very un-biased and 100% correct magazine  :rolleyes: , we can expect;

Buick Enclave

Cadillac BRX

Cadillac CTS

Chevrolet Aveo 5-door

Chevrolet Malibu

Chevrolet Trailblazer (and this is how we know MT is spot on :stupid: )

GMC Envoy (see above)

GMC Yukon Hybrid

Hummer H3 Alpha

Pontiac Bonneville

Pontiac GTO

Pontiac Solstice hardtop

Pontiac Sport Wagon (see Chevrolet Trailblazer)

Saturn Ion

I did leave out the ones that they say are 2008s that are actually 2007s.

176952[/snapback]

Bonneville?!?! Wasn't this discontinued? Why did I think they no longer made them? And are you assuming Trailblazer and Envoy are going to be dropped because of the Acadia? If so I asked this question a few months ago in another Thread and everyone thought I was incorrect and that only the XL versions would go away...

I'm pretty sure the VUE is supposed to be a 2008 model, as are Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Malibu (sans Maxx, unfortunately-I think), and Cadillac CTS. Facelifts/minor restyles/etc. would probably include the Chevy Aveo5, Buick LaCrosse, and maybe Pontiac Vibe, though I haven't heard anything yet on the latter, or if LaCrosse Super is only affected. Speaking of Buick, is the Reserve trim name still on tap for the near-future? I remember AH-HA hinted at that before he left, when all the LaCrosse Super rumors busted out.

well for 08 Launch vehicles...

there should be the launch of the

Hybrid Tahoe

Saturn RL Sky

Saturn RL Aura

Saturn GL Aura?

Chevy Malibu?

Chevy Camaro?

Whatever is left of the GMT900 series Sierra/Silverado HD...

Chevy Aveo5 should be redesigned

Cadillac CTS

Hummer models?

Saab?

GMC?

Pontiac GTO replacement?

176729[/snapback]

Don't forget that the Tahoe isn't the only GMT-900 hybrid. The Escalade is getting it, along with the rest of the trucks, and I'm assuming the Yukons will have the option as well.

here is my list on when GM vehicles will get facelifts, redesigned and dropped..

this is compiled of facts, rumors, and insider info..

MAKE/MODEL YEAR INTRO FACELIFT DUE REDESIGNED

Buick Lacrosse 2004 2008 2010

Buick Lucerne 2006 2009 2011

Buick Zeta sedan 2010

Buick Enclave 2007 n/a n/a

Cadillac CTS 2003 2005 2008

Cadillac DTS 2006 n/a 2009/10

Cadillac STS 2005 2009 n/a

Cadillac XLR 2004 2009 n/a

Chevrolet

Aveo 2004 2006 2010

Cobalt 2005 2008/09 2011

Corvette 2005 n/a n/a

Camaro 2009 n/a n/a

HHR 2006 2009 n/a

Impala 2006 n/a 2010

Malibu 2004 2006 2008

Monte Carlo 2006 n/a 2010

Equinox 2005 2008 2011

Express 1996 2004 n/a

Silverado 2007

Colorado 2005 2009 2012

Pontiac

G5 2006 2009 n/a

G6 2005 2009 2011

Grand Prix 2004 2008 2010

Solstice 2006 n/a

Vibe 2003 2006 2008

GTO 2004 2005 2009 no 07 or 08 model

Saab

9-3 2003 2007 2010

9-5 n/a 2006 2009

Saturn

Aura 2007

Ion 2004 2008 * renamed astra

Sky 2006

Outlook 2007

Vue 2002 2006 2008

GMC

see chevrolet "sister" models

Has anyone heard any new information regarding whether or not a 2008 Malibu Maxx hatch/wagon will exist?

177680[/snapback]

It will cease to exist. Which still boggles me. The car got good reviews, and I blieve sits on the same platform as the Saab 9-3 Sportcombi, which has been doing fairly well.

I think the MAXX could have done well, if Chevy has simply pushed it more aggressively.

It will cease to exist.  Which still boggles me.  The car got good reviews, and I blieve sits on the same platform as the Saab 9-3 Sportcombi, which has been doing fairly well.

I think the MAXX could have done well, if Chevy has simply pushed it more aggressively.

179314[/snapback]

Saturn will have the LWB Epsilon Wagon. Chevy will have the HHR and Equinox to compete in that category, both at higher volumes.

Saturn will have the LWB Epsilon Wagon.  Chevy will have the HHR and Equinox to compete in that category, both at higher volumes.

179373[/snapback]

Personally, I feel it would behoove GM to have a variety of wagons available as alternatives to the larger, taller SUVs. I, myself, have a 2500 Suburban and absolutely love the truck, but when I don't need it, I take my Maxx, which I've grown to appreciate more than I expected, especially considering I average 32-35 mpg on the highway.

Think back to a time before many of y'all were even driving or some even born. Consider a day when Oldsmobile alone had wagon versions of the Firenza (small FWD), Cutlass Ciera (mid FWD), Cutlass (intermediate RWD) and Custom Cruiser (fullsize RWD.) Back then, the only "SUVs" were Bronco, Blazers, Suburbans, Land Cruisers and others of their ilk.

Sure, there were many near-clones of these wagons on other division lots, which reminds me that there was actually a bit more differentiation between the clones than some gave GM credit for. For example, between the Ciera and 6000, the dash was significantly different although the greenhouses and profiles gave away the fact they were chassis mates. And there were some interesting derivations, such as the 6000 STE AWD 3.1 (auto only) and the Cutlass Ciera International Series two-door with a manual transmission.

Anyhow, today, between the G6, Malibu and the Aura, one sees the layout is essentially identical, just with different shapes. For example, I put my GPS in the recess above the top vents on my Maxx and would do the same in the Aura, were that to serve as replacement. Anyhow, before I digress too far on the benefits and dangers of platform sharing, back to the subject.

The bottom line is that if I had my druthers, I would take an Aura wagon with the 3.0 Turbo Diesel and a six-speed manual. This seems somewhat logical considering the new Saturn plan, if only GM would execute it with S5 diesel coming online.

However, should a combination like this appear in a next-gen CTS wagon, I'd be on it like flys on (insert noun.)

Edited by PositiveAboutGM