2009 Pontiac AZTEK Lambda SPY PHOTOS!!!

GMC Acadia fills the spot nicely. Don't forget it's Pontiac/GMC Division now.

181005[/snapback]

Yes, indeed it does fill that spot nicely. It's even very neatly executed while being one of the sexiest SUVs (crossovers) out there.

Ford Edge has a competitor from GM-its called the Chevy Equinox-sure it lacks a good engine, but otherwise, that's it. I'd still like to see a sporty mid-size (Theta) crossover to tackle the daring Mazda CX-7-I always thought Pontiac was an ideal Mazda competitor-until I saw the colossal, monumental shortcomings of G5, G6, Montana SV6 that is. There's still hope, but G6 is no more stylish or powerful and G5 is a mere rebadge, and the only compact sedan that will survive the 2007 MY is the Cobalt. I think the GMC Acadia should be moved to Chevrolet ASAP, and thus discontinued-the Outlook, "Moab", and Enclave are enough; Acadia and Outlook are too close together in styling and position.

Ford Edge has a competitor from GM-its called the Chevy Equinox-sure it lacks a good engine, but otherwise, that's it. I'd still like to see a sporty mid-size (Theta) crossover to tackle the daring Mazda CX-7-I always thought Pontiac was an ideal Mazda competitor-until I saw the colossal, monumental shortcomings of G5, G6, Montana SV6 that is. There's still hope, but G6 is no more stylish or powerful and G5 is a mere rebadge, and the only compact sedan that will survive the 2007 MY is the Cobalt. I think the GMC Acadia should be moved to Chevrolet ASAP, and thus discontinued-the Outlook, "Moab", and Enclave are enough; Acadia and Outlook are too close together in styling and position.

181072[/snapback]

the equinox and Edge ARE NOT COMPETITORS! the edge is way better and is bigger. you've GOT to be kidding.

GMC=trucky 3 row large crossover. acadia IS NOT a sports crossver.

Buick=elegant 3 row large crossover. its NOT a sports crossover.

Pontiac, please kill the cheesy dated torrent and make a real Edge/Murano/CX7/RDX competitor with sports handling and balls under the hood

Think BMW X5 on a family budget.

Edited by regfootball

Why does everyone want to associate Pontiac with BMW? It's not, and should not be thought of as the "poor-man's Bimmer" It should be a sporty American car brand. Pontiac should not have an SUV. The Aztek and the Torrent were stupid ideas that do nothing more than water down the brand.

WHY DOES PORSCHE, MAZDA, AND BMW ALL HAVE SUV'S?

news flash, the market is going to crossovers and suv's. pontiac will be dead in the water if they only try to sell coupes and sedans (declining markets). 1 good crossover with kick ass handling and rakish looks and great power won't kill them

Edited by regfootball

the equinox and Edge ARE NOT COMPETITORS!  the edge is way better and is bigger.  you've GOT to be kidding.

181285[/snapback]

Of course they are competitors...how could you say they are not? The dimensions are almost identical.

Edge: 111.2 wb, 185.7 l, 75.8 w, 67.0 h

Equi: 112.5 wb, 188.8 l, 71.4 w, 69.3 h

Both are 5 passenger...

I would agree the Ford is better, though..newer, nicer interior, better drivetrain (DOHC V6 w/ 6spd auto)..

Ford even offered a dark purple to compete with the Equinox colors..... losers... it aslo has clear tail-lamp covers..... two rows...... V-6..... almost the same size, its just the Equinox is sleeker and more trim as well as bettter looking .... but your right they're not competitors <_<

Why does everyone want to associate Pontiac with BMW? It's not, and should not be thought of as the "poor-man's Bimmer" It should be a sporty American car brand. Pontiac should not have an SUV. The Aztek and the Torrent were stupid ideas that do nothing more than water down the brand.

181598[/snapback]

everyone is buying crossvers. the cayenne kept porsche alive.

Ford even offered a dark purple to compete with the Equinox colors..... losers... it aslo has clear tail-lamp covers..... two rows...... V-6..... almost the same size, its just the Equinox is sleeker and more trim as well as bettter looking .... but your right they're not competitors  <_<

183439[/snapback]

edge 265hp

equinox 185 chinese horsepower.

you're right they don't compete.

I'm sick to death of crossovers & car based SUVs.

If they NEVER made another one there would still

be more than enough of the damn things for

seven lifetimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

181598[/snapback]

I agree almost 100 % 8) I always hated when GM or the press labeled Pontiac as a poor mans BMW. It should be and always should have been a sporty American brand with it's own identity. Where I disagree is if I want a larger people mover I like to stay within the brand and maybe that kind of thinking is outdated in todays time. We had a Montanna and the kid and I were happy with it. Unfortuneatly my wife is a realtor and the mini van did not have the correct image and so we traded it in for her Lexus RX300. Everytime we go on a long trip the kids lament about the lack of space and wish we still had the Montanna. To conclude my point, I think it is okay for Pontiac to have one vehicle that meets the people mover moniker, but the rest of the lineup should be sporty. Maybe once the Pontiac image is rehabilitated, then they can dump the people movers( aka, SUV, cross overs, etc) and have four sporty cars like an enrty level car, a 2 seater convertible, a four door sedan, and a GTO/Trans Am type of car.