Hi!

DenCo

Well, new guy here taking a few minutes to introduce himself.

I'm Denis, a 22 year-old guy from Moncton, NB, in Canada and, obviously a GM fan and general auto enthusiast. I'm also a university student who's studying in journalism and I have my own little "web-based media outlet" where I write about, you guessed it, cars.

I've heard of this site many a time before, but I never really visited more than that up until I saw an incoming link from thia forum to one of my writeups on my site. Checked-out the place, thought it looked like a pretty good place with plenty of interesting discussion going on, so here I am.

Anyway, I guess that all I have to say for now... I look forward to (hopefully) many discussions about all things car and especially GM.

Oh and my fav brand is Buick; yes, I'm a 22 year-old Buick fan! Shocking huh?

:CG_all:

welcome . . . its good to have a new face here . . . watch out?! almost everyone is openly gay so if your uncomfortable about that you should probably figure out a way to deal

and a 22 yr old buick fan isnt weird . . . in fact there are much younger ones here for sure

Welcome DenCo. :canada:

Hmm... well since I have so many replies to reply to, I'll cover them all in one post...

1 - I'm not the only young Buick fan out there, but alot of people still look at me like I'm crazy when they find out about that... heh

And thanks!

2 - Thanks!

3 - I have no problem with that and even know some people who are gay in real life.

My philosophy in life is pretty much I won't bother you if you don't bother me. And by that I really mean bother, not the antisocial definition where bother=talk to and such.

Oh and that applies to anyone, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

:)

4 - Thanks!

5 - Thanks! And no, I actually started with a Dodge Spirit, then went to a Focus for a little while before finally going to a Buick.

I've always been a GM guy though, especially Buick and Cadillac.

6- Thanks but it's no... ehh... have any presents? No?

Oh, well it's not my birthday, but thanks anyway... :P:lol:

Welcome! New Brunswick is a very beautiful province. I think you're the first Canadian here from there...I think. I did a class project on it 10 years ago in middle school. My God, I can't believe it was so long ago. Getting back on topic: Seems like a pretty cool place. Welcome again and enjoy your stay.

Wecome to the insanity....

Glad you like Buicks. It took my wife finding our 72 Skylark to show me how good Buick has been.

Discussions here do get lively. One of the best things about this place is the openness that people here have. Although, I may have learned a few things about a couple of people I may not have wanted to know. :lol:

Enjoy!

Ohh...I was drawn to respond to your topic heading: "Hi!, No, I'm not a Neon..."

I always smiled and felt cheerful when I saw those cute "Hi!" commercials from the original Neon launch. It really was such a friendly looking car.

Oh, uh, yeah...like everyone else here, I welcome you to our forums. I think most folks here are obsessed with a particular vehicle or vehicle feature / topic of some sort. Enjoy!

Edited by jlgolden

Hey guys, I'm back!

1 - Yeah, NB is a pretty good place to live, except in winter. Three feet of snow and -40-degree temperatures with winds of 80Km/h make life living hell during some less than fine winter days... *shudders*

2 - No it's not, but it looks exactly like it... :D

3 - I'm used to freaks, I've met plenty on other forums I'm a member of and have even had to pleasure of meeting a few in real life. :P