RWD G6 rumor?

enzl

This was just a comentary on GMI and is not based on many hard facts other than what we have already read abput here.

The whole thing is based on what we have heard bout the revamp to be announced about Pontiac and the increase of RWD, They also note about the RWD G8 may show up as soon as Chicago.

The G6 part I think is mostly speculation on their part as it was only reported in this post.

I expect soon enough GM will start their Saturn like rebuild fo Pontiac and I expect RWD will play a strong part. It is just too soon to tell for sure what they will do.

This is one I expect Lutz will announce himself.

Yes... Pontiac SHOULD go 100% RWD!

(with AWD optional but still REAR biased)

The whole thing is based on what we have heard bout the revamp to be announced about Pontiac and the increase of RWD, They also note about the RWD G8 may show up as soon as Chicago.

216441[/snapback]

Lutz did announce that we would see the G8 at the Chicago Show. I suspect that's when they'll make more annoucements concerning Pontiacs reorganization.

• 2 months later...

Interesting...well, with the Malibu, Aura and next LaCrosse, GM certainly has the midsize FWD market covered...making Pontiac unique and all RWD would be one way to revive the brand...

I think the G6 is the only sedan in that group that looks sleek and well proportioned. The new Malibu doesn't look as streamlined with its larger, more vertical C pillar. And I hate the chrome trim and the smiley face nose of the Saturn Aura.

That enlarged bucktooth grille on the 2008 G6 GXP looks awful, though. If that's what the G6 will look like, count me out! What is it with exaggerated proportions, especially on headlights and grilles, these days?

Edited by vt_hokie

• 3 weeks later...

I think they are crazy to go rwd with the G6. At least wait to see how the G8 fares, and by the sales estimates it seems like a bust to me considering it is a Grand Prix and Bonneville replacement. A fwd G6 is a good option to keep Grand Prix owners that aren't willing to switch to a G8 because of the drivetrain. I would bet the majority of the G6 buyer base is more concerned with looking good/sporty than any actual performance.

Edited by AM6_Cutlass

I think they are crazy to go rwd with the G6. At least wait to see how the G8 fares, and by the sales estimates it seems like a bust to me considering it is a Grand Prix and Bonneville replacement. A fwd G6 is a good option to keep Grand Prix owners that aren't willing to switch to a G8 because of the drivetrain. I would bet the majority of the G6 buyer base is more concerned with looking good/sporty than any actual performance.

Seeing as how the Grand Prix is about 60% fleet sales, they wont lose much. And the Aura looks good/sporty to cover for the FWD G6 anyway.

And the Aura looks good/sporty to cover for the FWD G6 anyway.

No way! I'm actually thinking about buying a G6 GTP. I will not consider an Aura, as I can't stand the awkward looking headlights and the smiley face nose treatment. I also don't care for the Aura's many spoke wheels. The G6 looks a lot sleeker and sportier, imo.

This was just a comentary on GMI and is not based on many hard facts other than what we have already read abput here.

The G6 part I think is mostly speculation on their part as it was only reported in this post.

I expect soon enough GM will start their Saturn like rebuild fo Pontiac and I expect RWD will play a strong part. It is just too soon to tell for sure what they will do.

Who wrote it, one of GMInsidenews' 12 year olds? Please, I take whatever is written there with a grain of salt. I have found if someone post there and if it fits the common view of GMInsidenews they, promote it as fact. I question everything that is posted there, you would be wise to do so also.

Edited by Pontiac-Custom-S

I have no interest in RWD cars.

Wow... we all have goals I guess. :rolleyes:

Threads like this always piss me off. The same exact people who in

the past have said most consumers do not know the diff. or care

about RWD vs. FWD & buy cars based on content, styling and C.R.

reviews MT, R&T etc. ALL OF A SUDDEN say how RWD will be a

crutch for a car.

Bull$h!. Normally I'd go on another 247 word mini-essay about how

much FWD sucks and how much I love RWD btu I'm not in the

mood today, either way RWD will always be the logical choice, the

enthusiast's choice. Balanced, fun, practical.

No way! I'm actually thinking about buying a G6 GTP. I will not consider an Aura, as I can't stand the awkward looking headlights and the smiley face nose treatment. I also don't care for the Aura's many spoke wheels. The G6 looks a lot sleeker and sportier, imo.

And I'm thinking about buying a used 05 GTO, because I'm looking to spend around $25,000, and GM doesn't have any other RWD cars in my price range. I definately wont be buying a G6 or a Grand Prix.

Also, IMO, the Aura looks better than the G6.

To each his own, but if the G6 keeps outselling the Aura, then there's no way they should kill the G6 in favor of the Aura.

Because at the moment both are very similar in what they offer. They're both "sport-tuned" FWD mid-size family sedans, only the G6 has a 4-cyl volume model as well as the coupe and convertible models.

Any sales loss by the G6 moving to RWD would likely be recovered by the Malibu and Aura.

The G6 should outsell the Aura. It has 3 models to the Aura's one, a 4 cylinder model, is less expensive with bigger rebates, and there are definitely a lot more G6's sold to fleets than Auras.

I bet the average transaction price on the Aura is $4k more than on the G6.

• 2 weeks later...

The G6 should outsell the Aura. It has 3 models to the Aura's one, a 4 cylinder model, is less expensive with bigger rebates, and there are definitely a lot more G6's sold to fleets than Auras.

I bet the average transaction price on the Aura is $4k more than on the G6.

Not to mention a coupe and a convertible as well.

That's too bad. The G6 is one of the few FWD sedans I actually like. I want a sporty sedan, but one that I can drive in the winter! I have no interest in RWD cars. Would be nice to have some sporty front wheel drive sedans in the lineup in the future...

By that time there will be a new Aura, and a new LaCrosse on the immediate horizon.