List of NAIAS Debuts

Posted Image

Aston Martin DBRS9 (*)(**)

Audi Q7 V-12 TDI prototype (*)(**)

BMW 3-series convertible

Chevrolet Camaro

Cadillac CTS

Chevrolet Malibu

Changfeng Group -- Liebao CS6 and CS7 SUVs, CY3 and CY6 pickups and concept vehicle

Chrysler Town & Country minivan

Chrysler Nassau concept car

Dodge Avenger

Dodge Grand Caravan minivan

Ferrari 599 GTC (*)

Ford Focus refresh/reskin (sourced from SmartMoney Dec. 6)

Ford Super Duty pickups

Great Wall (Chinese Automaker) (*)

Great Wall Hover SUV (*)

Honda Accord

Hummer H4 concept

Hyundai CV minivan (*)

Hyundai Terraron (*)

Hyundai Veracruz

Infiniti Concept Q (*)

Infiniti QX56 MCE (announced by Nissan Dec. 1)

Jeep Trailhawk concept

Kia Rondo

Lexus IS-F

Mercedes GL320 CDI

Mercedes-Benz S-Class Convertible (*)

Mini Cooper

Mitsubishi Lancer, Lancer EVO prototype and concept

Nissan Bevel concept (announced by Nissan Nov. 29)

Nissan Rogue compact SUV concept

Pontiac rear-wheel drive sedan (*)

Porsche Cayenne MCE

Toyota Tundra

Volvo XC60 (*)

Zhongxing (Chinese Automaker) (*)

[Original Source: Detroit Free Press]

(New additions in bold font.)

* -- Concept vehicle(s). Added Dec. 7. Source: America Jr.

** -- Has been shown elsewhere. North American debut.

Edited by Variance

Changfeng Group -- Liebao CS6 and CS7 SUVs, CY3 and CY6 pickups and concept vehicle

219190[/snapback]

This is the Liebao.

Posted Image

Its equipments include ABS, steering wheel, silver bumper, syringe, and a 'stepney.'

Look familar? Chang Feng ressembles and distributes Pajeros in China. That's right, they build Mitsuibishis. That should be a good litmus for quality. They also make fine hotel furniture like this chair.

Posted Image

Check it out. Clicky

Might we also see a Saturn Astra model?  It is about a year away so I wouldn't be too surprised.

219342[/snapback]

That'd be sweet, and you're right - the Ion stops production in March, and the Astra is supposed to be coming around in late '07 IIRC. It's gotta show up at an auto show soon, I would think.

When looking at the list, I had a strange deja vu-but its a good start of a list-can't wait to see Malibu and CTS especially! The smaller Chinese SUV looks nice, but I don't like the boxy one as much, and hopefully there will be Dodge and other Ford and GM concept car unveils.

Might we also see a Saturn Astra model?  It is about a year away so I wouldn't be too surprised.

219342[/snapback]

If I were a betting man, I'd say New York. I tend to remember Saturn unveiling the Aura and Outlook there for that upcoming fall/winter which reminds me that the Astra is supposed to be here in the upcoming fall/winter.

Its a sad day when there's more import brand vehicles at a Detroit show than American ones, i.e. LA.

Got some new cars to update the list from this source:

http://americajr.com/news/naias/2007/concept-cars.html

225116[/snapback]

Pontiac rear-wheel drive sedan

uh oh... will this start the whole G8 name sucks! dispute? :lol: I'm sure people will have high hopes for this.

Aston Martin DBRS9... could they just add a few more numbers to even it out? kinda rediculus, even if the car is phenomenal. :lol2:

It is a sad day, yes, but inevitable.

Thirty five years ago, there was Chrysler, GM, Ford and VW. Toyopet, Datsun and others were a joke. Renault and Fiat were way off target. If you look at the models that the Big Three had then, each brand literally had 4 or 5 models. Trucks were, well, trucks. Nobody bought them, except farmers, contractors and people who actually needed them.

Now, brands that barely existed then are now outselling much of what the Big 2.5 have to offer.

I remember going to the Auto Show in '75 in Toronto (Malton, actually) and the GM area was half the building! Times have changed.