2008 Enclave at Toronto - new colour RED

Yeah...let's bitch about the Enclave. Can't tell you how many times I've seen XC90s going mud-boggin'.

And they'd all look better painted.

Take the SRX for example. When it debuted, it looked like this:

Posted Image

But, before it was released, it ended up looking like this:

Posted Image

I'll take the second one everytime over the first one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah...let's bitch about the Enclave. Can't tell you how many times I've seen XC90s going mud-boggin'.

None of them look good IMO, and something such as the Enclave should be mono at least on the CXL. But I'll reserve final judgement until I see the optional wheels and a darker color...mainly black. I know its not offered but I'm hoping the General changes that.

Whether it looks bad or not obviously doesn't matter since it has been selling well on the RX300, 330, and 350, however the latter two do not have as much as the RX300 did.

The Lexus brand name blinds people to some faults.. The Buick name? Not so much.

Though I do think the plastic bumpers look somewhat cheap, they are also somewhat good looking, at least in these photos. I'll wait to see the professional pictures and the Enclave in person to make a concrete judgement. It does not look as bad as the other vehicles posted.

That Enclave is HOT! Too bad the mechanicals are not as pretty.

Hey ALL, first post!!

I'm a little confused here, will the Enclave be available in CXS trim right away, or is CXL top of the line for now? Also, if CXL is top of the line will it be available without the black cladding? ( not that I don't like it, I don't think it looks bad at all)

Hey ALL, first post!!

I'm a little confused here, will the Enclave be available in CXS trim right away, or is CXL top of the line for now? Also, if CXL is top of the line will it be available without the black cladding? ( not that I don't like it, I don't think it looks bad at all)

First, welcome to the board! Hope you enjoy it here!

For the Enclave, it will debut at first in CX and CXL trims both powered by the 3.6l VVT (275hp) with AWD optional on each. The CXS version will likely be available late-'08/early-'09 as a 2009 model alongisde a GMC Acadia Denali. They will probably boast more standard equipment, unique features, and the first application of a UV8 eight-cylinder DOHC engine with around or more than 300hp.

if you have no place to park an suv or car but on the streets, then i think those rubber bumpers left unpainted would be great in cities like chicago where i live. right now, i drive a jeep grand cherokee with bare bumpers... i cannot tell you how many friggin times my bumpers both front and back have been dinged due to cars needing to get out of the parking space out on the streets. thank god mine isnt painted cause my suv would really look like total $h! as compared to the cars and suvs here that do have mono colors.

In my mind, to say the lower bumper is unpainted implies it is unfinished. The lower bumper was intentionally designed that way. The AUDI Q7 has the exact same design and I don't believe anyone would say it looks down market. Granted, the Q7 is at a different price point, so the execution may be different, but at the end of the day the Enclave's look in very much in keeping with it's peer groups.

Ugh, they really need to paint that. Having the very lowest part below the front air damn and the area in the rear that has the exhaust cutouts would be ok to have unpainted, but the rest is unacceptable, and makes a great design look mediocre.

The Enclave's lower bumper/fascia, wheel lips and rocker are a PAINTED "low gloss" flat with a tone matched color to the upper. This is a much more preimum look thant the typical flat molded in color (usually black) plastic used on many SUV's and crossovers.

The two-tone with the tupperware color is something Buick has been doing for years. There are positives to it.

On my Regal the same gray color is on the bottom of the car, it's a plastic and it's not painted and is something Buick has made optional with its vehicles for years, this isn't new with the Enclave. The Rendezvous lived off of it for the first half of its lifespan (and sold far beyond anyones expectations) and the Regal specifically has been doing it for probably almost 20 years.

The plastic will not be eroded by salt and in the long run will give your Enclave a higher resale value since it helps prevent rusting in some of the most common cosmetic problem areas of the vehicle. If you plan on driving through salt or sand this tupperware color is a great protective seal. Also it removes some of the elegance and gives the vehicle a bit sportier of a look which I personally like with my Buicks, and I'm 23. It would be nice to see them expand on this and give multiple different colored two-toned colors with the same protection of this gray moulding (it can't be that hard for a multi-billion dollar corporation, can it?), but there is definitely functionality in it and for me personally it doesn't ruin the vehicle.

Really it's what you care more about- protecting your investment or looking more elegant, I suppose it depends on your opinion. However as the Rendezvous proved, it's not a deterrent.

Edited by Cananopie

Here is a brief video of the Enclave on the last day of the show. Was running low on battery power, so its 16 seconds though.

Ugh, I HATE those wheels.