Satty

Pontiac RIPPED OFF!

19 posts in this topic

Only in the first picture IMO.

[post="20305"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, more or less.

:withstupid: http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

Not sure if it's Renault who stole the idea. This model was back in 1996 I think. The GA you're thinking about is 1999. :blink:

[quote name='whiteknight' date='30 March 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1269930121' post='587598']Renault: Nous construisons [i][b]L'EXCITATION!!!!!!!![/b][/i][/quote]
:roflmao:

[b](nose in air)

NO. The center divider is angled wrong. It should be wider at the top, not the bottom. But then the French eff everything up, except for kissing.[/b]

I'm stil disappointed in France, I thought they had better taste than that. I was really surprised when I saw they had ripped off something as low-class as a Pontiac.

[quote name='Satty' date='30 March 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1269951310' post='587617']I'm stil disappointed in France, I thought they had better taste than that. I was really surprised when I saw they had ripped off something as low-class as a Pontiac.[/quote]
At least it was a rip-off filled with [b][i]EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!eleventy-billion!!!!!!11!!![/i][/b] Edited by ZL-1

Incorrect. Much closer is Oldsmobile.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/1997-1999_Oldsmobile_Cutlass.jpg[/img]

^^ [b]If[/b] it were true that Pontiac ripped off BMW, I'd be really surprised they would rip off something as low-class as a BMW.

[quote name='balthazar' date='30 March 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1269965686' post='587672']
^^ [b]If[/b] it were true that Pontiac ripped off BMW, I'd be really surprised they would rip off something as low-class as a BMW.
[/quote]

Didn't some if not all Oaklands ......... the division that brought Pontiac to market have a slpit grille? In any event, I'll not loose sleep over who did it first

I think some recent Mitsubishis (Galant?) had a Pontiac-ish nose. Of course, the best Pontiac front ends IMHO didn't have just a split or 2 piece grille grille but also were pointy or bulging in the center...

[b]Agreed, some form of the prow really evoked coolness.[/b]

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor