• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Satty

Pontiac RIPPED OFF!

Only in the first picture IMO.

[post="20305"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, more or less.

:withstupid: http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

[quote name='whiteknight' date='30 March 2010 - 06:22 AM' timestamp='1269930121' post='587598']Renault: Nous construisons [i][b]L'EXCITATION!!!!!!!![/b][/i][/quote]
:roflmao:

[b](nose in air)

NO. The center divider is angled wrong. It should be wider at the top, not the bottom. But then the French eff everything up, except for kissing.[/b]

I'm stil disappointed in France, I thought they had better taste than that. I was really surprised when I saw they had ripped off something as low-class as a Pontiac.

[quote name='Satty' date='30 March 2010 - 12:15 PM' timestamp='1269951310' post='587617']I'm stil disappointed in France, I thought they had better taste than that. I was really surprised when I saw they had ripped off something as low-class as a Pontiac.[/quote]
At least it was a rip-off filled with [b][i]EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!eleventy-billion!!!!!!11!!![/i][/b] Edited by ZL-1

Incorrect. Much closer is Oldsmobile.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/1997-1999_Oldsmobile_Cutlass.jpg[/img]

[quote name='balthazar' date='30 March 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1269965686' post='587672']
^^ [b]If[/b] it were true that Pontiac ripped off BMW, I'd be really surprised they would rip off something as low-class as a BMW.
[/quote]

Didn't some if not all Oaklands ......... the division that brought Pontiac to market have a slpit grille? In any event, I'll not loose sleep over who did it first

I think some recent Mitsubishis (Galant?) had a Pontiac-ish nose. Of course, the best Pontiac front ends IMHO didn't have just a split or 2 piece grille grille but also were pointy or bulging in the center...

[b]Agreed, some form of the prow really evoked coolness.[/b]

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.