regfootball

Toyota Auris

45 posts in this topic

In typical Toyota fashion, the exterior is awkward at best, but I think the interior is pretty classy for an econobox.

I don't care for antennas that stick up like that. Did intergrated antennas in the back window go out of fashion? I don't care to see them, they detract from the car's overall appearance.

Wait a second isn't this

Posted Image

a twist beam rear suspension? Didn't GM get REAMED for using this in the Delta Ion and Cobalt, both of which will be either replaced or refreshed before this thing hits US shores?!

Hmm...I just saw another picture here which shows outer links of an IRS. I am confused maybe solid rear for FWD models and independant for AWD?

a twist beam rear suspension?

Hmm...I just saw another picture here which shows outer links of an IRS. I am confused maybe solid rear for FWD models and independant for AWD?

two rear suspensions are available one is a double wishbone, no models are awd

Edited by toyoguy

This is the car they delayed for the US market because the exterior sucks, correct?

Terrible exterior, great looking interior.

two rear suspensions are available one is a double wishbone, no models are awd

I am guessing costs savings? Does that also imply the 4 speed auto will be used on base models, as it is on the current base Corolla? Doesn't speak well of Toyota's commitment to its customer, cheapening out on lower models. Though those who live in glass houses...

It is hard for me to say this, but.......I kinda like it. Much better than the Versa. I think we're more used to see econoboxes up here in the Arctic. I hope the team responsible for the next generation Aveo is already looking at this Toyota.

Besides, anything is better than Yaris! I prefer the early '90s Tercel over the Yaris!

The exterior is another example of this horrific, bloated styling bug that bit Toyota back in 2005 with the Avalon. Look at the Camry, RAV4, LX570, LS4whatever, Yaris. Its very weird and I won't even attempt to understand how anyone anywhere can find it remotely attractive.

The interior isn't bad for a compact. Interesting positioning of the e-brake that totally kills any convenient console use, though.

The exterior is another example of this horrific, bloated styling bug that bit Toyota back in 2005 with the Avalon. Look at the Camry, RAV4, LX570, LS4whatever, Yaris. Its very weird and I won't even attempt to understand how anyone anywhere can find it remotely attractive.

The interior isn't bad for a compact. Interesting positioning of the e-brake that totally kills any convenient console use, though.

It's just another way to make it convenient for Toyota to sell RHD and LHD versions of this vehicle. They don't have to move the e-brake.

I could see this taking cues from the tC. The rear end looks familiar.

Whenever I glance at the thread title I swear it says "Toyota Anus"

Interior reminds me of the outgoing VUE a bit. Exterior is terrible.

Interior is great, hard for me to say but I like. The exterior is as sucky as always, they just keep getting worse don't they first the Turd oh I meant Tundra now this? Toyota is flying south...

I am guessing costs savings? Does that also imply the 4 speed auto will be used on base models, as it is on the current base Corolla?

only auto is a CVT

only auto is a CVT

Ok, so an even cheaper transmission in terms of manufacture and repair. Makes sense for a cheap little car.

Ok, so an even cheaper transmission in terms of manufacture and repair. Makes sense for a cheap little car.

to the best of my knowledge Toyota is switching to CVT's for 4cyl engines. By 2010 all 4cy Toyota vehicles will available with either a CVT or manual gearbox option.

to the best of my knowledge Toyota is switching to CVT's for 4cyl engines. By 2010 all 4cy Toyota vehicles will available with either a CVT or manual gearbox option.

It seems that is everyone, save GM, plans for 4 clyinder trannies. I guess that cost is the big issue.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor