Finally! A Victory!...Sort of...

Import Humper...

Buys American! One of the guys I work with was telling us Friday how he was going to go out and buy a car. Told the guys on the crew that a Honda was not good enough for him and only an Acura would do. Kevin Laughed in my face when I told him he might consider domestic cars. Told me I was nuts for even thinking it.

So this morning in the parking lot before work, we are all shooting the bull and drinking coffe and...Kevin rolls up in a metallic red Mustang GT convertible. Says he loves it and thanks me for suggesting American products.

He told me it was really obvious American products had improved dramatically.

Too bad the Camaro and Challenger were not in production yet...would have been cool for him to have had some more choices.

Not that I think the Mustang was a bad choice by any means. He should be really happy with the car. (And yes I got to ride in it.)

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

I got a guy at my work to buy a Fusion after he was initially going to buy an Accord. He was skeptical about buying a domestic but I told him the least he can do is check it out since it was all new. He ended up buying a blue FWD SEL. And now he just raves about how great of a car it is.

Word-of-mouth is what will save GM and Ford.

Word-of-mouth is what will save GM and Ford.

This is so true.. This is what is starting to happen. I like the fact in this thread the people had open minds. They did not just reject what was said, they acted on it. As I said elsewhere the domestic car companies are like people in a way. When you have done something wrong, you want someone to give you a second chance and give your forgiveness. It will be the product and word of mouth that brings forgiveness...

Nice job, though you should have steered him towards the GTO (if he could find one) :P

h

There's a guy at work looking at Sonatas. It's going to be tough to get him away from it, I fear. Big discounts and long warranty. I told him to look at the Aura, but he said he didn't really like it, perhaps it was too stylish (see below). Perhaps I should suggest a Fusion, but I think that would probably have a bit too much style too.

We were sitting in the truck eating lunch when he was talking about what sort of car his wife wants... he said it must be very bland, meaning: (these are his words) 4-doors, good gas mileage, cheap, vanilla styling, good reliability, can't be too flashy.

Nice job, though you should have steered him towards the GTO (if he could find one) :P

h

There's a guy at work looking at Sonatas. It's going to be tough to get him away from it, I fear. Big discounts and long warranty. I told him to look at the Aura, but he said he didn't really like it, perhaps it was too stylish (see below). Perhaps I should suggest a Fusion, but I think that would probably have a bit too much style too.

We were sitting in the truck eating lunch when he was talking about what sort of car his wife wants... he said it must be very bland, meaning: (these are his words) 4-doors, good gas mileage, cheap, vanilla styling, good reliability, can't be too flashy.

Says a lot about his wife.

Now that is a story w/ a happy ending. :D

the guy needs to grow some balls. wife sounds like an uptight priss. auras have 100k pwtrn wty now too. we really need to put an end to letting women pick out cars. the guy ought to ask his wife if he can outsource her function to a korean and see what she thinks of that.

Fusions are selling like snickers at the conv store around here. or like beer in wisconsin. And ALL are YOUNG drivers. Lots of CAMLEES being sold but guess who's driving them? OLD people. blue hairs, boomers, the 40+ and 50+ set, and a few late thirties and up.

I think I've seen at least 5 new fusions on the work lot in the last few months. just recently it seems the aura is picking up too, i see those now also, not as many as fusion tho.

Edited by regfootball

the guy needs to grow some balls. wife sounds like an uptight priss. auras have 100k pwtrn wty now too. we really need to put an end to letting women pick out cars. the guy ought to ask his wife if he can outsource her function to a korean and see what she thinks of that.

:lol:

Weird coincidence...my cousin just recently traded in a Honda for a Mustang GT too.

That car is bad ass.

It's the same as when I got my '87 GT when I was a teenager...Mustangs are just plain fun, even at age 37 (which I will be in a few weeks). Great styling, plenty of power, relatively cheap.

I saw a black '07 GT convertible w/ red & black interior on the local Ford lot Sunday...good thing it was Sunday, if I had test driven it, I probably would have bought it (I still would like to have another Mustang sooner or later)....and if I hadn't resigned from my job yesterday (starting a new contract gig in two weeks)...