Guess who broke his arm and had to fly home from vacation?

I know that hurt. God, I can't even look at the X-ray. Hopefully you got some good drugs. A man your age should have been using the wading pool, though.

When Bob sees this thread, he'll be on the next plane home.

When Bob sees this thread, he'll be on the next plane home.

Not a chance.

I have foibles of other varieties to report on.

Heal soon, B, I once broke 3 metacarpals running to catch a light rail train in Portland and taking a fall ... and had to go to hand therapy. Fortunately, it was my left hand.

Not a chance.

I have foibles of other varieties to report on.

Heal soon, B, I once broke 3 metacarpals running to catch a light rail train in Portland and taking a fall ... and had to go to hand therapy. Fortunately, it was my left hand.

Boy, I'd be in trouble... I don't know what I'd do without my left hand! Fortunately I'd still be able to write, eat, draw, etc., without any trouble :AH-HA_wink:

Feel better Pontiac Custom S. :smilewide:

I, to this day, have never broken a bone. And I've taken some pretty hard spills. I strong like bull.

I take that back, I broke my pinky toe a few years ago doing something REAAAAAAALLLY stupid.

Word to the wise: if you're sitting down Indian style for a really long time playing cards, and both your legs and feet are asleep, don't think jumping up and down will wake them up really fast. You might end up landing on your ankle sideways, flying across the room, knocking everything off the coffee table and slamming your head into a tile floor. Just sayin'.

DAMN!

I once broke (angulated and impacted) both my arms, right above the wrists, at the same time. But, even this looks more painful.

Hope your recovery goes well! Get lots of sleep... not like you have a choice once the pain-killers kick in :AH-HA_wink:

I take that back, I broke my pinky toe a few years ago doing something REAAAAAAALLLY stupid.

Word to the wise: if you're sitting down Indian style for a really long time playing cards, and both your legs and feet are asleep, don't think jumping up and down will wake them up really fast. You might end up landing on your ankle sideways, flying across the room, knocking everything off the coffee table and slamming your head into a tile floor. Just sayin'.

:lol:

My uncle punched me in the nose and broke it once... because I refused to get off our 3 wheeler, he wanted to ride it. I drove myself 20 miles to the hospital in my 5 speed Chevy pickup while trying to hold a rag to stop the bleeding.

My wife reminded me I only showed you the before pics and not the after pic, so here you are. I think I will set off the airport metal detectors now. I don't remember my flight home from the US Virgin Islands, I was heavily medicated and in a wheel chair. It should be fun to find out though. I don't advise having out patient surgery without thinking about it, but in my case there was no time to think about it. This is before the cast they put over it so I can't bend and twist my arm.

Posted Image

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Boy, I'd be in trouble... I don't know what I'd do without my left hand! Fortunately I'd still be able to write, eat, draw, etc., without any trouble :AH-HA_wink:

I thought the same thing after writing that.

Accidenti! Che mente sporca che hai!

Feel better Pontiac Custom S. :smilewide:

I, to this day, have never broken a bone. And I've taken some pretty hard spills. I strong like bull.

Or bendy, like jellyfish.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about this. Those x-rays are painful to look at.

I broke my tibia in my left leg on a slide when I was a kid... twice across and down the middle... 1 bone = 6 pieces. Took two casts and a little over 3 months to heal... not fun stuff, so I feel for you.

One of my clients informed me back on Friday that her nephew has been in the trauma center for a week+. He was diving and hit the side of the pool. He broke his neck but it didn't kill him. He took his first step post-surgeries on Friday. Miraculously, he's going to be okay. :thumbsup:

I'm lucky, I guess...never broken a bone, though I've had some major sprains (ankles) and nasty bruises (elbows, knees). I've never been naturally balanced or agile (I can't skate, can barely ski and snowboard, am decent on a bicycle, am dangerous on cobblestone or brick streets) and am not exactly light on my feet (6'0", 225lbs).

Heh ... I'm like moltar ... never broken a bone.

BUT, open heart surgery isn't much better ... he he.

PC-S ... hope you feel better soon! Thoughts/prayers coming your way for a QUICK recovery :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'