Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

Guess who broke his arm and had to fly home from vacation?

32 posts in this topic

I jumped off the high dive at the hotel pool and hit my arm on the diving board on the way down! :hissyfit:

Posted Image

Doctor looking at my break.

Posted Image

So I am home in Delaware with a rod and pin in my arm now. I'm looking at the bright side though, i get to spend time with all my car buddies. :smilewide:

Ouch...

I once broke my arm... I fell off a slide on the playground because some kid decided it would by funny to come down it while I was going up it. :P

Nice break! someone get this man a beer, congrats :P

I know that hurt. God, I can't even look at the X-ray. Hopefully you got some good drugs. A man your age should have been using the wading pool, though.

When Bob sees this thread, he'll be on the next plane home.

When Bob sees this thread, he'll be on the next plane home.

Not a chance.

I have foibles of other varieties to report on.

Heal soon, B, I once broke 3 metacarpals running to catch a light rail train in Portland and taking a fall ... and had to go to hand therapy. Fortunately, it was my left hand.

Not a chance.

I have foibles of other varieties to report on.

Heal soon, B, I once broke 3 metacarpals running to catch a light rail train in Portland and taking a fall ... and had to go to hand therapy. Fortunately, it was my left hand.

Boy, I'd be in trouble... I don't know what I'd do without my left hand! Fortunately I'd still be able to write, eat, draw, etc., without any trouble :AH-HA_wink:

Feel better Pontiac Custom S. :smilewide:

I, to this day, have never broken a bone. And I've taken some pretty hard spills. I strong like bull.

I take that back, I broke my pinky toe a few years ago doing something REAAAAAAALLLY stupid.

Word to the wise: if you're sitting down Indian style for a really long time playing cards, and both your legs and feet are asleep, don't think jumping up and down will wake them up really fast. You might end up landing on your ankle sideways, flying across the room, knocking everything off the coffee table and slamming your head into a tile floor. Just sayin'.

*ahem*

nice... :AH-HA_wink:

Tough break PCS (no pun intended). It's ashame your vacation had to end early. Keep taking those pain killers as prescribed and take it easy over the next several weeks/months.

Ouch.

Did you get any nerve palsy? I hope not. Cuz, that will be a bitch.

I am very sorry. I hope that you will be okay. The photos said everything without a word. I hope you will rest and allow yourself to heal totally. I am not going to say I feel your pain. That looks painful. There will many many other vacations.

DAMN!

I once broke (angulated and impacted) both my arms, right above the wrists, at the same time. But, even this looks more painful.

Hope your recovery goes well! Get lots of sleep... not like you have a choice once the pain-killers kick in :AH-HA_wink:

Ouch! Get well soon dude.

Chris

Ay-carumba. That hurts me just looking at it. I broke my right arm in three places when I was a kid. I don't remember much about it, but apparently I screamed A LOT!!

I take that back, I broke my pinky toe a few years ago doing something REAAAAAAALLLY stupid.

Word to the wise: if you're sitting down Indian style for a really long time playing cards, and both your legs and feet are asleep, don't think jumping up and down will wake them up really fast. You might end up landing on your ankle sideways, flying across the room, knocking everything off the coffee table and slamming your head into a tile floor. Just sayin'.

:lol:

well.. on the plus side, it'll heal stronger than what it was.

i've only broken my nose, that was a long time ago.

My uncle punched me in the nose and broke it once... because I refused to get off our 3 wheeler, he wanted to ride it. I drove myself 20 miles to the hospital in my 5 speed Chevy pickup while trying to hold a rag to stop the bleeding.

My uncle punched me in the nose and broke it once... because I refused to get off our 3 wheeler, he wanted to ride it. I drove myself 20 miles to the hospital in my 5 speed Chevy pickup while trying to hold a rag to stop the bleeding.

Can I punch you in the nose with my cast? Please? :P

My wife reminded me I only showed you the before pics and not the after pic, so here you are. I think I will set off the airport metal detectors now. I don't remember my flight home from the US Virgin Islands, I was heavily medicated and in a wheel chair. It should be fun to find out though. I don't advise having out patient surgery without thinking about it, but in my case there was no time to think about it. This is before the cast they put over it so I can't bend and twist my arm.

Posted Image

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Boy, I'd be in trouble... I don't know what I'd do without my left hand! Fortunately I'd still be able to write, eat, draw, etc., without any trouble :AH-HA_wink:

I thought the same thing after writing that.

Accidenti! Che mente sporca che hai!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0