What Are You Listening To?

'Youngstown'--Bruce Springsteen (Live in NY City CD).

(It's odd to be driving around sunny Phoenix listening to the Boss, but after seeing him & the ESB in concert again a couple weeks ago, I've been listening to a lot of Bruce..).

Im really digging French-Israeli singer Yael Naim right now. (I noticed knightfan26917 likes her too from his sig)

Yael%20Naim.jpg

You may have heard a bit of her single New Soul in the Macbook Air ads on TV.

She does a really cool version of Britney Spears' Toxic too!

Her self-titled album is very relaxing, with her singing in english, french and hebrew over light guitar and piano.

Im also waiting patiently for the new Alanis Morissette album, titled Flavors of Entanglement. It comes out May 20th.

foe.jpg

I had a chance to see her and Matchbox Twenty in concert February 22nd. Great show, and the new stuff has a lyrical style much like her second wide released album, Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie (which I consider some of her best work). Musically, it will be very different, with Guy Sigsworth producing. He is known for his work with Imogen Heap and Björk.

For a sample, here is the album version of the song Moratorium (from Alanis.com).

She is looking as hot as ever these days too BTW...

AlanisMori_MT20070000-01.jpg

Im really digging French-Israeli singer Yael Naim right now. (I noticed knightfan26917 likes her too from his sig)

Yael%20Naim.jpg

You may have heard a bit of her single New Soul in the Macbook Air ads on TV.

She does a really cool version of Britney Spears' Toxic too!

Her self-titled album is very relaxing, with her singing in english, french and hebrew over light guitar and piano.

Im also waiting patiently for the new Alanis Morissette album, titled Flavors of Entanglement. It comes out May 20th.

foe.jpg

I had a chance to see her and Matchbox Twenty in concert February 22nd. Great show, and the new stuff has a lyrical style much like her second wide released album, Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie (which I consider some of her best work). Musically, it will be very different, with Guy Sigsworth producing. He is known for his work with Imogen Heap and Björk.

For a sample, here is the album version of the song Moratorium (from Alanis.com).

She is looking as hot as ever these days too BTW...

AlanisMori_MT20070000-01.jpg

Not bad...

Last six songs (shuffle mode on MY faves)

Pink Floyd "One of these days"

ICP: "Great Melinko"

Johnny Cash "Sixteen Tons"

Pink Floyd "Money"

Jewel "Time After Time" (cover)

Nirvana "Heart-Shaped Box"

Listening to a hair band called Trans Am which put out one album called "Fasten Seatbelts"...killer sound, and great name for a band. :AH-HA_wink:

Rokken' the new Dokken album!

band.gif:metal: :metal:

Is it out already?? I thought it wasn't out until May.

Edited by mustang84

It debuted in Europe on the 11th.

Mine's a p2p torrent, but I'll definitely be buying it, once it hits our shores.

I also got my hands on Whitesnake's new work the same way, which I'll be making sure to pick up. It has Reb Beach in it too.

Edited by Captainbooyah