What Are You Listening To?

I never would have guessed.

I found an MP3 player the other day... It has alot of good music on it, I must say. :P

Freak on a Leash - Korn

Can you burn the songs and ship it to me? I need some songs bad.

The entire Pantera CD by the name of "Far Beyond Driven"...

I finally bought it to round out my Pantera collection and boy I did not know what I was missing.

Stand out tracks for me = "Strength Beyond Strength", "5 Minutes Alone", "Slaughtered", "25 Years" and "Use My Third Arm"

BY FAR Anselmo's BEST work behind the mic. The distortion is perfect, his voice is excellent and there is a lot of angst. :)

On the way home from work this morning I was listening to the 'Paralyzer' album (Finger Eleven).

Is it just me or has anyone else gotten a vibe of a couple older bands from some of their songs?

Window Song reminded me a bit of some Pink Floyd stuff.

Parts of Easy Life had a sort of Moody Blues sound from around the time of their Sur La Mer era.

OK, so I just might be nuts.

I finally bought it to round out my Pantera collection and boy I did not know what I was missing.

Stand out tracks for me = "Strength Beyond Strength", "5 Minutes Alone", "Slaughtered", "25 Years" and "Use My Third Arm"

BY FAR Anselmo's BEST work behind the mic. The distortion is perfect, his voice is excellent and there is a lot of angst. :)

5 Minutes Alone is one of my all time favorite Pantera songs, it pwns.

Candlebox-You

I do find it interesting, however, that the band (recorded in the Abbott's native Texas) and the vocals (recorded in Anselmo's native Louisiana) were recorded separately, in two different studios miles apart from one another and that the end result didn't come out sounding so stitched together.

I just heard that a few weeks ago....it's good stuff. :yes:

I do find it interesting, however, that the band (recorded in the Abbott's native Texas) and the vocals (recorded in Anselmo's native Louisiana) were recorded separately, in two different studios miles apart from one another and that the end result didn't come out sounding so stitched together.

I thought I had read that somewhere :) I think that was around the time that no one in the band could stand Phil. I don't think he was in a very positive state of mind when that record came about (Just by reading the lyrics, lol)

No wonder it appeals to me so much :D

I thought I had read that somewhere :) I think that was around the time that no one in the band could stand Phil. I don't think he was in a very positive state of mind when that record came about (Just by reading the lyrics, lol)

Wait, you weren't talking about The Great Southern Trendkill, were you? If not, then I somehow got it and the album you were talking about confused. (I think I was listening to "Floods" when I was writing my earlier post, so that's probably why.) :dizzy:

I don't think he was in a very positive state of mind when that record came about (Just by reading the lyrics, lol)

Umm. . . when have Pantera's lyrics EVER sounded like they were produced in a positive state of mind? :huh:

(Personally, I always thought they sounded like they came from a drunk, raving state of mind.)

Edited by Enzora

Umm. . . when have Pantera's lyrics EVER sounded like they were produced in a positive state of mind? :huh:

(Personally, I always thought they sounded like they came from a drunk, raving state of mind.)

Yeah, they're all dark. Thus is metal.

But to me "Far Beyond Driven" seems almost morbid in the sense that this guy is about to snap. It's no longer about making a statement, it's about pure violence.

I love that sound, and I can't wait until I can just 'go off' like that on stage someday.

BTW, last 3 songs;

"Hands of Death (Burn Baby Burn)" by Rob Zombie, featuring Alice Cooper

"Rot" by Dry Kill Logic

"Mercyful Fate Medley" by MetallicA