WAWA Gasoline News

I never heard of WAWA either untill I met up with Balthazar at one

on my Roadtrip/B-59 quest in 2005. The duck logo is pretty cool,

there are absolutely none up here in New England.

Never heard of them either. One interesting regional gas brand we have here in the Rocky Mountain region (they are in some parts of the Midwest and South also, I think) is Sinclair. They have a green dinosaur as their logo.

Oh man, Sinclair, complete with dinosaur, used to be a national gasoline brand, as far as I know. Cool.

They're actually Canada geese, not Canadian, sorry to be anal.

I can't write the same email to Wawa and give my address because all my Wawas have the same price for gas.

Never heard of them either. One interesting regional gas brand we have here in the Rocky Mountain region (they are in some parts of the Midwest and South also, I think) is Sinclair. They have a green dinosaur as their logo.

We still have a couple Sinclairs around here, but they're few and far between. You can find more of them in the Chicago area I think.

Never heard of Wawa, but I've only been out east a couple times in my life.

We have a regional gas station here called Kum & Go, aka "ejaculate & evacuate." It's the butt of a lot of jokes. They've spread like wildfire around here...you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one.

Posted Image

We still have a couple Sinclairs around here, but they're few and far between. You can find more of them in the Chicago area I think.

Never heard of Wawa, but I've only been out east a couple times in my life.

We have a regional gas station here called Kum & Go, aka "ejaculate & evacuate." It's the butt of a lot of jokes. They've spread like wildfire around here...you can't swing a dead cat without hitting one.

Posted Image

That would be great around here..nothing cool like that around here...

Just Bp, Mobil, Sunoco,Citgo, Marathon, and Firebirds around here...

I am stuck here in Kum and Go and Handimart hell...I miss Wawa so damned bad...best Iced Tea, best Hoagies...great concept that I wish I could afford to do here. Unimart up in State College got me through many a night with its two for a buck 'death dogs' deals (hot dogs with a meat sauce that probably could remove paint!)

Wawa's are great. If ever on the east Coast - check one out. And that is really cool that they sent you $30 in a gift card. Sweet!

I am stuck here in Kum and Go and Handimart hell...I miss Wawa so damned bad...best Iced Tea, best Hoagies...great concept that I wish I could afford to do here. Unimart up in State College got me through many a night with its two for a buck 'death dogs' deals (hot dogs with a meat sauce that probably could remove paint!)

Wawa's are great. If ever on the east Coast - check one out. And that is really cool that they sent you $30 in a gift card. Sweet!

WAWA hush money! Whatever works! :AH-HA_wink:

How old stores looked.

Posted Image

How new stores look.

Posted Image

I usually fill up at Tesoro stations. That is treasure in spanish for those of you who don't know. When Amoco got bought out, the stations either switched over to BP or to Tesoro. When the switch was made from Amoco any of the stations that switched to Tesoro were the stations that got fuel from the refinery in Mandan, ND. The Mandan refinery gets most all of its oil nationally, much of it in western ND. I have no idea if all Tesoro stations still get their fuel from Mandan, but there is a chain of stations here in the Fargo Area call Petro Serve, which carries Tesoro gasoline, who get all of thier fuel exclusively from the Mandan refinery.

Plus, Tesoro has a stamp program where you get a stamp for every 8 gallons of gas you purchase and once you get 24 stamps it is goot for $5 worth of gas. If you go into a station once the night crew is working they will usually throw 2 or 3 stamps, so it is a decent deal. Better than nothing

Posted Image

Other than that we have a lot of the same national stations and few of the others mentions on here like Sinclair and Kum & Go. BP is soon to pull out the state though. Apparently they aren't making any money here.

I usually fill up at Tesoro stations. That is treasure in spanish for those of you who don't know. When Amoco got bought out, the stations either switched over to BP or to Tesoro. When the switch was made from Amoco any of the stations that switched to Tesoro were the stations that got fuel from the refinery in Mandan, ND. The Mandan refinery gets most all of its oil nationally, much of it in western ND. I have no idea if all Tesoro stations still get their fuel from Mandan, but there is a chain of stations here in the Fargo Area call Petro Serve, which carries Tesoro gasoline, who get all of thier fuel exclusively from the Mandan refinery.

Plus, Tesoro has a stamp program where you get a stamp for every 8 gallons of gas you purchase and once you get 24 stamps it is goot for $5 worth of gas. If you go into a station once the night crew is working they will usually throw 2 or 3 stamps, so it is a decent deal. Better than nothing

Posted Image

Other than that we have a lot of the same national stations and few of the others mentions on here like Sinclair and Kum & Go. BP is soon to pull out the state though. Apparently they aren't making any money here.

It's funny you say that, because I've heard that about BP, Sinclair, and that Russian gas station (name doesn't come to mind, though I remember it begins with a V..)

It's funny you say that, because I've heard that about BP, Sinclair, and that Russian gas station (name doesn't come to mind, though I remember it begins with a V..)

There's Luk Oil, which is Russian. But are you referring to Valero, which is US-based.