Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

My Driveway + 1, Part 2

Cory Wolfe

I'm not going to let out too many details at the moment, but me and my dad are going to pick up a car tomorrow. I'll give you a hint: It's RWD, a GM product, has a vinyl top, and is older than I am.

I'll fill in the rest once it's in our possession. I'm anxious to drive this beastalicious piece of machinery. :P

---------------------

What it is, info about it, and pics in post 14/15.

Edited by blackviper8891

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1982 Buick Regal coupe?

1973 Chevy Monte Carlo?

1980 Mercury Zephyr?

1975 Pontiac Grand Prix?

1978 Dodge Magnum?

*frowns*

No word yet? My goodness........I don't know if I can stand to wait to find out ;). He he

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I should've started running a long, long time ago" ... Chris Daughtry ... 'Over You'

I thought I remember you talking about a Cutlass a while back, so I'll guess that.

You would be correct, Sir.

It's a 1984 Cutlass Supreme in Dark Maple Red Metallic. It comes complete with a 307ci 4 barrel V8, 2.14 rear axle, limited slip differential, bucket seats, rallye wheels, AM/FM radio, and the coveted vinyl top. Bought it for $450 from the original owner. It's been sitting for over 2 years. Included, was the original window sticker and all the manuals, guides, and brochures. It needs a tiny bit of work, mostly in the form of a tune up as it cuts out at times. My dad tried to clean the carburetor a bit. The vinyl roof is pretty tattered, as well. The paint, originally looked quite faded, but after 4 hours of washing and waxing (oh, are my arms and chest ever sore), it doesn't look too bad. Not nearly as shiny as the other vehicles in our driveway, but enough so not to look flat. There's a few rust spots, but nothing too major. The interior is pretty much spotless, save for the cracked steering wheel and ghetto shift knob. Most everything works. The exceptions being the A/C, the third brake light, and the power antennae. On the road, it rides with a jittery float. The brakes are mushy, but stop decently. The steering is about as numb as it gets. Power-wise, it's not the most powerful thing there ever was, but it has decent torque. It's not what I'm used to, but it's not bad. Fun, in an odd way. :P

Now onto the pics... a few detail shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Working on it in the driveway:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The difference a good wax job makes:

Posted Image

WOW! Congrats to you sir. Welcome to the Oldsmobile family. That is a great looking Cutlass. A paint job would really boost it. What work does it need? Nice photos too. Who will be driving the vehicle in the family? Congrats to you and your family sir...

There is indeed a special feel in an Oldsmobile.......

VIPER! Finally, you got a real car! I guess you and your dad will check it over good, after a car sits for a while, things tend to dry rot and rust, whatnot. Very cool... and I am totally jealous over the price.

Please don't Donk it!

Posted Image

Where's the airbag? Sorry I couldn't resist! :smilewide:

Who needs an airbag? :P

WOW! Congrats to you sir. Welcome to the Oldsmobile family. That is a great looking Cutlass. A paint job would really boost it. What work does it need? Nice photos too. Who will be driving the vehicle in the family? Congrats to you and your family sir...

There is indeed a special feel in an Oldsmobile.......

Thanks. Basically, a tune up (carb work, most likely), fluid changes, some belts, some bulbs, and perhaps some fuses. I'll probably find out more once we go to get it inspected. It'll be for all of us to drive, but I'll probably end up driving it the most for the time being.

VIPER! Finally, you got a real car! I guess you and your dad will check it over good, after a car sits for a while, things tend to dry rot and rust, whatnot. Very cool... and I am totally jealous over the price.

Please don't Donk it!

So far everything seems to check out. It drives well except for the engine cutting out at times, but it's getting better the more its driven.

I took some more pictures, but its raining out. I'm going to wait until the weather is nice to take more pictures, but here are a few to tide you all over.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Where did you get the cute little Cutlass Supreme? Nice photos especially with the rain drops. I hope that is all you have to do to your car. I really do. Enjoy your new Oldsmobile.

Wal Mart. It's a Johnny Lightnight Classic Gold Collection. Bought it a few weeks ago. It's ironically, the same year as ours. Even has a PA plate painted on it. :P Edited by blackviper8891

Woo! Donk it! Donk it! Donk it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OMG... BV... I'm sooo sorry... I thought when 'blu said "Don't donk it!", he meant not to get into an accident and wreck it!

Now that I know the correct meaning, yeah, don't donk it.

It's older than BV! :rotflmao:

I hope you aren't just figuring that out. I did say that in my original post, afterall... :P

Anyways, I think removing the vinyl top, the pin stripe, certain trim pieces, blacking out a few things, and adding beefier tires would be quick improvements. After that, a nice paintjob, preferably in the original color, would go a long ways into improving its looks. Beyond that, it wouldn't need much. This one sort of illustrates my ideas:

Posted Image

Nice photos sir.. What about the floor shifter? It should be a T bar shifter. The other details are accuarate. That also is a base model with options. I know because I recognize the Oldsmobile seat pattern too. I have that brochure here in my house.I would get the top refinished. Do not pull it up. Great photos today.