are you more courteous to domestics on the road?

toesuf94

Kinder to Domestic drivers on the road??  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you discriminate based on what the other guy is driving???

• Nope, I am courteous all the time, no matter the make or model
    • I NEVER let the guy in the foreign car go.
    • I always let the guy in the domestic brand go first.
    • Doesn't matter to me - I ALWAYS go first!!

I caught myself doing this more and more lately, actually being somewhat aggressive in my attempts to keep the foreign car drivers at the curb as I go past. I have even slowed down when there would have been plenty of room behind me for the guy waiting on the side to merge into traffic, but decided his Prius or Tundra could wait for the next guy to go by. Yeah, I am a child, I know. (by the way, if it is a matter of safety for the person on the side of the road, I always let them in, even I am not that uncool - even if the car they are driving is!) On the contrary, if there is a hot Domestic that might have the room to get in if I speed up, I do to allow them in.

Just wondering if I am all alone in this one...plus I thought it would be fun to see what you all do/think.

I get peeved when drivers of GM cars act like douchebags to me. Like, wtf? Stick together.

I don't let Tundras in front of me. This is mainly for asthetic and safety reasons since I don't want to vomit and have parts come flying towards me.

With your cars you don't have a CHOICE of where the Tundras go....?

LOL

:AH-HA_wink:

Just kidding...

If I see you in a Japanese car, especially a Toyota or Honda, you will not be let over by me. Wait for the next guy.

If you are driving a Scion, Prius, Yaris, Element, Ridgeline, Tundra...ect., you will not only not be let over, but you will be very obviously mocked.

However, if you are driving an American and have become a particular pain in my ass, you will obtain the same treatment as the jackass driving the import.

Edited by AxelTheRed

I'm polite to everyone on the road...I profile them based on their actual competency behind the wheel, not the nationality of vehicle they drive.

Edited by DetroitNut90

I get peeved when drivers of GM cars act like douchebags to me. Like, wtf? Stick together.

I don't let Tundras in front of me. This is mainly for asthetic and safety reasons since I don't want to vomit and have parts come flying towards me.

Fly, unfortunately when you drive or ride in a car, the Toys come out in herds around you. It seems like either you are their number one enemy or number one spy who has infiltrated the hearts of GM fans only to give a huge shock to them later.

It depends more on the driver than the car.

Same here ... for the MOST part, anyway.

I do admit to being a bit "unbending" for certain cars out there....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Play with the fire, and your gonna get burned" ... Steve Wariner ... 'Some Fools Never Learn'

If they are driving a GM, and its a good looking guy, or a mom that looks like she is having a bad day, then I will let her go first, but if its a young girl and I dont like the look of her, or an ugly guy, then I don't let them go.

Sometimes though, if I don't trust them behind me, I let them go first, no matter what make/model or whatever they are driving.

If the car hurts my eyes (toyota, honda . . .), I don't let them in front of me if I can help it. Really though, I don't want to encourage someone who takes money from my kids schools so I am generally nicer to people who buy American.

I'm not discourteous to drivers of foreign cars, but I frequently go out of my way to be courteous to the driver of a domestic. Like when a domestic driver is looking to pull out into traffic - I'll typically slow down, and gesture for him to proceed. Is that childish? I suppose, but it's a small act of solidarity over something that I think is important.

I just don't feel that drivers of foreign cars are being respectful of the larger community in which they live. I think, essentially, that they're selfish. Now people have every right to be selfish - it's a free country, after all - but I'm happy to tip my hat to those who consider the impact of their choice on their fellow workers and citizens.

I'm not discourteous to drivers of foreign cars, but I frequently go out of my way to be courteous to the driver of a domestic. Like when a domestic driver is looking to pull out into traffic - I'll typically slow down, and gesture for him to proceed.

I kind of do the same thing as well.

It mostly depends upon the driver...if they drive like a tool (any make or model), they're not getting by / getting out. For some reason, Acura drivers seem to be a larger percentage of tools than other brands (especially older models).

when you drive a caprice people tend to let you go or back down and avoid you, but i try to nice to all drivers but prius's get abuse as well as asshole drivers. Also im a prick to some BMW drivers. mainly because a deep hatred or they are over zealous assholes.