More Camaro Spy Pics

z28luvr01

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read the jackass comments on Autoblog -> It is proof that these kind of spy photos are nothing but damaging. That interior is nothing but a taped and glued together mule, but the comments read "horrible plastics used" and "what wrong with GM using all that gray plastic." These fn' people are idiots. No wonder I'm so anti-social. The general public is a bunch a morons. Back to my cave.

You just beat me to posting this,Z!

I want that truck to deliver ALL of those to my house.

I find it a very good sign that both an HSV Maloo and A Camo'd Commodore wagon are going for cold weather testing!

But I have to wonder why a Middle East Chevy Lumina is part of the group.

EDIT: it isn't a Lumina, the white ME Chevy is a Caprice! And it looks great!

I want to know what side the steering wheels are on in each of these cars.

The more I look at the white Caprice, the easier it is to see an Impala SS that would echo the 94-96 cars perfectly.

Not want to sound overoptimistic, but I definitely see some GMNA zetas in those "uncovered" sedans.

I thought you would know I was talking about the RWD Zeta versions, I will be clearer next time. :AH-HA_wink:

So the three will still exist in FWD or no? I'm most concerned about the Lucerne.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Which are part of the deal. Unless two other zetas are to be built there.

The magic 8 ball says things will become clearer soon. What is key here is that this is Artic weather testing and it gets very, very cold in China & Korea. You've seen MASH I'm sure. That will explain ur Chevy Caprice. :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

The magic 8 ball says things will become clearer soon. What is key here is that this is Artic weather testing and it gets very, very cold in China & Korea. You've seen MASH I'm sure. That will explain ur Chevy Caprice. :smilewide:

Umm, seems to me it would be a Buick if China were the reason - it gets awful Hot in the Middle East where this car is sold.

Besides, I'm more interested that an HSV Maloo and the wagon are being cold weather tested.

EDIT: And that doesn't answer how the Buick/Caddy zetas can be cancelled when the UAW agreement includes them.

EDIT: And that doesn't answer how the Buick/Caddy zetas can be cancelled when the UAW agreement includes them.

Camino, I surmise that they can get around that by building the Buick and Caddy large FWD models side by side @ the same plant... on a different platform that I hope to god is not Epsilon II.

I just got the following Automotive News ALERT: GM cancels V-8 program for luxury cars :censored::duh::banghead:

F*$k! :censored:

Shopping List:

1997-1999 Deville

Roadmaster LT1

You know, the UAW Agreement also lists a large Chevrolet sedan to be made at Fairfax that's not the Malibu, is it possible that this is the large FWD Caprice (since it can't be called Impala outside of Oshawa) without listing a specific platform? Is it also possible that Oshawa may be closed?

Since I only get the e-mail alerts and not the entire story, here's what the alert says:

GM cancels V-8 program for luxury cars

Richard Truett and Jamie LaReau

DETROIT -- General Motors has canceled plans to build a new advanced double overhead-cam V-8 for its luxury cars.

The move means the future for Cadillac’s V-8 car engines is unclear.

In January 2007, GM said it would invest $300 million in its Tonawanda, N.Y., engine plant for the new V-8 engine, which was scheduled to start production in 2009 and be used in luxury cars.

GM Powertrain spokesman Tom Read said Thursday that the project is dead. That engine likely would have replaced Cadillac’s long-running Northstar V-8, which is scheduled to end production in 2010.

Cadillac could switch to high-powered V-6s in its cars, except for the Corvette-based XLR.

The new direct-injected V-6 in the 2008 CTS develops 304 hp, while the current Northstar V-8 makes 275 hp in the 2008 ...

Mods - I hope it's okay to post that, otherwise I will delete this post.

Camaro is now under major threat.

I don't think so. They promised us at least that one. It's being assembled on a new line in Oshawa specifically designed to be flexible enough to build both FWD and RWD, from different platforms, at the same time. That being seen, they can justify a lower volume Camaro along with (maybe) the G8 family and a mid to high volume Chevy FWDer such as an Impala

I don't think so. They promised us at least that one. It's being assembled on a new line in Oshawa specifically designed to be flexible enough to build both FWD and RWD, from different platforms, at the same time. That being seen, they can justify a lower volume Camaro along with (maybe) the G8 family and a mid to high volume Chevy FWDer such as an Impala

Without companion models on zeta, the new Camaro is doomed to a short life.

Without companion models on zeta, the new Camaro is doomed to a short life.

The only niche models (dont kid yourself, thats what the Camaro is) to some out in the last decade that weren't doomed for a short life were the New Beetle and PT Cruiser, both of which had the advantage of being attainable, practical cars wrapped in unique sheet metal.

No it's not.

Heh calm down now....you aren't thinking rationally.

Sure I am.

We have always known that the business case for Camaro was dependent on other zetas shouldering some of the costs. Without them, Camaro becomes a short-term product.

And yes, I'm royally pissed about this.