More Camaro Spy Pics

z28luvr01

... That Ute certainly looks promising, so does the wagon.

The wagon has the same wheels as the LWB Mid-Eastern Chevy.

I would surmise the black Commodore is a mule for the G8 GXP.

Sometimes a Commodore is just a Commodore.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome so far. I'll have to see the interior in person to judge, but it's an interesting design. I love the gauges being integrated into the center stack/console. And those are basic, but nice 20s wrapped with Pirellis, even though I don't like those tires haha.

No....you're really not...

Heh take a breath...step away from the computer....chop some wood? Something physical that wont harm anyone/anything of value.

I do have a strong urge to hurt a few people at the moment...

But, if this series of developments leaves Camaro alone as the only GMNA-built Zeta, they had better get to work on an Alpha Camaro or the 5th gen. will be the last.

Damn GM anyway for not bringing RWD cars back ten years ago!

I'm not sure I care too much for the interior. Retro interiors aren't my thing.

Looks awesome so far. I'll have to see the interior in person to judge, but it's an interesting design. I love the gauges being integrated into the center stack/console. And those are basic, but nice 20s wrapped with Pirellis, even though I don't like those tires haha.

Those are P-Zeros, quite possibly one of the best tires in the world. They're on the F430, Gallardo, R8, and many other supercars. Those aren't the same as the ones you had on your Cobalt.

As for the other news in this topic, looks like GME will take GM's global operations down with them. No V8 for future Cadillacs? Are you kidding me? The ONLY other luxury make that doesn't have a V8 is Acura. Infiniti, BMW, MB, Lexus, Lincoln, Volvo, Jaguar, and Audi all have V8s or higher. WTF? GME blows huge chunks.

The wagon has the same wheels as the LWB Mid-Eastern Chevy.

Sometimes a Commodore is just a Commodore.

Looking at the pic of the black Commodore I realized that if it had chrome window trim, it would look a lot like an '08 Accord..

Edited by moltar

G8 ST GXP

If it sneaks through before the killjoys of GME ruin everything, it will be my next (last?) new vehicle.

I wonder if you could order a Chevy fascia for that :scratchchin:

The Zeta I would buy would be the G8 SportWagon

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

That picture on the frontpage looks so much like a Pontiac, it's scary. Where is the poor Firebird? I guess there's no room, as the Camaro is gunning to be ALL about performance, killing the Firebirds purpose.

Is it just me or does this car look a gabzillion times better in production-ish form? The concept wasn't all that cool for me after awhile. But the hips on that picture from the GM blog are just amazing. I love how sculpted the Camaro looks. not many cars can pull of white like that.

Only thing I hate about the Camaro is it's timing. Shoulda put the bizzatch on Sigma back in '04, but i guess gm taking thier time to get it right aint all that bad.

The magic 8 ball says things will become clearer soon. What is key here is that this is Artic weather testing and it gets very, very cold in China & Korea. You've seen MASH I'm sure. That will explain ur Chevy Caprice. :smilewide:

So maybe GM will build Zeta's in North America for export to China, etc? Honor the terms of the UAW contract, exploit the low value of the US dollar, just not sell them in the US to avoid CAFE... The Buick Enclave already paved the way for this type of deal (aside from the no US sale).

This would allow them to build the Camaro, but get economies of scale for production.

So maybe GM will build Zeta's in North America for export to China, etc? Honor the terms of the UAW contract, exploit the low value of the US dollar, just not sell them in the US to avoid CAFE... The Buick Enclave already paved the way for this type of deal (aside from the no US sale).

This would allow them to build the Camaro, but get economies of scale for production.

That would really pour salt in the wound.

it amazes me how our country can be so tight on things like CAFE yet countries like china can be so lax in them. i would be willing to bet that an 1/8 of world polution comes out of there. maybe mr gore should go there for some public speaking on the environment.

Smart move. That and cancelling the Northstar replacement. $4, $5, and $6 gasoline is coming. It won't be far off when the just released Malibu (and Camry and Accord and...) is considered a land yacht. The family car of the future looks more like a Focus or Astra. Even if you could afford a V-8 you might be embarrassed to drive one.

Impala cancelled, Lucerne and DTS about to be.

No it's not.

Heh calm down now....you aren't thinking rationally.

with the ugly ass interior i see in the spy photos of that camaro, i'd say it's a bonda fide threat to not sell.

holy crap that is a TERRIBLE interior. design, plastics, i don't care if its preproduction. they seriously cannot be making that available for public sale.

partially reminds me of a mid 90's prelude interior and also of the dump i took an hour ago.

between that and cancelling the new northstar, bad GM rears its ugly head again.

with the ugly ass interior i see in the spy photos of that camaro, i'd say it's a bonda fide threat to not sell.

holy crap that is a TERRIBLE interior. design, plastics, i don't care if its preproduction. they seriously cannot be making that available for public sale.

partially reminds me of a mid 90's prelude interior and also of the dump i took an hour ago.

between that and cancelling the new northstar, bad GM rears its ugly head again.

Someone commented it looked like the interior of 1988 Chevrolet Beretta.

Smart move. That and cancelling the Northstar replacement. $4, $5, and $6 gasoline is coming. It won't be far off when the just released Malibu (and Camry and Accord and...) is considered a land yacht. The family car of the future looks more like a Focus or Astra. Even if you could afford a V-8 you might be embarrassed to drive one.

bullsh1t. americans will rebel. even the greenies won't sacrifice that long or much

Someone commented it looked like the interior of 1988 Chevrolet Beretta.

my sister had a beretta. that interior didn't induce vomiting.

mustang looks like a luxury car in comparison.

if i were an exec, and saw that interior was the result, i'd cancel the project on the spot and fire those responsible.

for crying out louds, those are cheap ass malibu seats even. My God, you don't put Malibu seats in a Camaro for crying out loud.

Edited by regfootball

Guest YellowJacket894

I'm sitting here, looking at what essentially will be my first and last new car purchase, ever.

It's f@#king depressing.

Sorry, GM. Really. I want to be excited for your future like I once was sixth months ago. But this is probably the best you can ever do, present or future, in lieu of Congress, CAFE, and GM-E's presence raping you out of real cars with real soul.

This even makes me question what I'm going to enter college to gain a degree for. I wanted to design for GM. Badly. But I think after about designing the second mirco-car concept in seven months, I'm probably liable to go to anti-depressants and teeter on the edge of suicide. So, thanks, Congress, for f@#king me out of my future. Rot in hell you group of worthless assholes, all of you. <_<

Oh pull your head out...and everyone else freaking out over the interior :rolleyes: It's obviously an early build prototype and the fit and finish is not production in those pics. It looks awful because it looks cobbled together. It looks cobbled together BECAUSE IT IS.

I'm sitting here, looking at what essentially will be my first and last new car purchase, ever.

It's f@#king depressing.

Sorry, GM. Really. I want to be excited for your future like I once was sixth months ago. But this is probably the best you can ever do, present or future, in lieu of Congress, CAFE, and GM-E's presence raping you out of real cars with real soul.

This even makes me question what I'm going to enter college to gain a degree for. I wanted to design for GM. Badly. But I think after about designing the second mirco-car concept in seven months, I'm probably liable to go to anti-depressants and teeter on the edge of suicide. So, thanks, Congress, for f@#king me out of my future. Rot in hell you group of worthless assholes, all of you. <_<

You're being a little overly melodramatic, aren't you? It's just a car...not the end of the world..

Guest YellowJacket894
You're being a little overly melodramatic, aren't you? It's just a car...not the end of the world..

Well, since a car that fits my criteria for purchase will probably never be built again at an affordable price, there definitely is a dark new day dawning in my opinion.

And I can't stand sketching micro-cars. I've tried it on numerous occasions, and I've always just ended up throwing away a sheet of good paper right in the middle of it. I have no affinity for ever driving one, let alone designing one. They're just so ... boring to sketch. Just take a simple one or two-box design and throw on some wheels and ... blah. I don't care how you "style" it, there's really just no fun it it because there's so many limitations due to size and what have you. The end product always looks like a bloated roller skate.

I may have to subdue my hate because I would love to have my dream job, more than anything. It's what I've aspired (admittedly off and on; due to distractions from guitar-playing and writing) to do since I was three. I would hate to give up my childhood dream to press panels for Toyota.

Maybe I do exaggerate. But, like I said, I'm really starting to think that the days of real, enthusiast-worthy cars with real design, performance, affinity, and prestige are in the stages of one ugly death rattle. The Camaro might as well be one of GM's last for the foreseeable future.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Even if you could afford a V-8 you might be embarrassed to drive one.

:rotflmao:

it amazes me how our country can be so tight on things like CAFE yet countries like china can be so lax in them. i would be willing to bet that an 1/8 of world polution comes out of there. maybe mr gore should go there for some public speaking on the environment.
Yep, as always it's good 'ole bleeding heart america that has to bend over for everyone.

So, thanks, Congress, for f@#king me out of my future. Rot in hell you group of worthless assholes, all of you. dry.gif

Yep, what else are they good for?

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Guest YellowJacket894
Yep, as always it's good 'ole bleeding heart america that has to bend over for everyone.

+1

Yep, what else are they good for?

I don't have to say it, but I will anyway: NOTHING.

Oh pull your head out...and everyone else freaking out over the interior :rolleyes: It's obviously an early build prototype and the fit and finish is not production in those pics. It looks awful because it looks cobbled together. It looks cobbled together BECAUSE IT IS.

Chris, I think we all realize that this is a cobbled together, pre-production car. But there is enough there to see that even fully trimmed, the steering wheel/dash/center stack/console/shifter will look pretty crappy, if not just plain weird.

Chris, I think we all realize that this is a cobbled together, pre-production car. But there is enough there to see that even fully trimmed, the steering wheel/dash/center stack/console/shifter will look pretty crappy, if not just plain weird.

exactly. i prefer to call it 'ugly pile of sht' myself. Even if were made with exotic leathers and diamonds. The design is abominable.

on the flip side, the uncamoed photo of the white camaro on GM's blogs page is a major thumbs up. perhaps it would be worth having one, in spite of the complete 'cabin o' crap'.

that interior is going to absolutely get crucified by the press and buyers.

Edited by regfootball

Yea I think you're mostly right about the steering wheel, shifter and maybe some of the stack...but it's just too early on the other stuff. And that other stuff consists of quite a bit.

As for the other news in this topic, looks like GME will take GM's global operations down with them. No V8 for future Cadillacs? Are you kidding me? The ONLY other luxury make that doesn't have a V8 is Acura. Infiniti, BMW, MB, Lexus, Lincoln, Volvo, Jaguar, and Audi all have V8s or higher. WTF? GME blows huge chunks.

I think the next gen LS engines might have a bit do with that . I wouldnt count on Caddy not having a V8 just yet , another program possibly obeletely the need for the ultra V8 and still has the fabled DOHC architecture .

Camaro Exterior ...insane , I love it so far

Camaro interior ....with my job , Ive seen prototype interiors with a few OEMs (though not GM) .....that interior has to many cobbled parts , TAPE and holes to base a opinion and is long way from its final form . Scott stated this interior is 65% production at best .

Edited by silverss/sc

Yea I think you're mostly right about the steering wheel, shifter and maybe some of the stack...but it's just too early on the other stuff. And that other stuff consists of quite a bit.

I would put faith in the shape of the stack , but nothing inside the stack . 1/2 those things look like engineering prototypes . The radio display looks like a upper dash screen from a SV6 and higher commodore taped into the makeshift bezel .

Edited by silverss/sc

bbbordomfuckcg.gif

Anywho, is it just me or does the ute look huge?

The Ute looks huge because it is an HSV version which has lots of additional exterior add-ons.

As for the Camaro interior - much of what you see is just off-the-shelf stuff that isn't even meant for the car. The rest is made of placeholder pieces that don't reflect the final product in fit, finish or quality. To judge it now is foolishness.

I'm still excited that this car is coming out but since I want neither the

two-door sedan or convertible I'm probably never going to buy one

new... all these compromises with new cars just make me want to buy

& fix up all the old stuff that was born of inspiration & art, not focus

groups, safety nazis & plastic puke like most modern cars.

I'm still excited that this car is coming out but since I want neither the

two-door sedan or convertible I'm probably never going to buy one

new... all these compromises with new cars just make me want to buy

& fix up all the old stuff that was born of inspiration & art, not focus

groups, safety nazis & plastic puke like most modern cars.

Big deal...we all know you would never buy a new car...stay with your 25+ yr old ones and give the rants a rest, ok?

exactly. i prefer to call it 'ugly pile of sht' myself. Even if were made with exotic leathers and diamonds. The design is abominable.

on the flip side, the uncamoed photo of the white camaro on GM's blogs page is a major thumbs up. perhaps it would be worth having one, in spite of the complete 'cabin o' crap'.

that interior is going to absolutely get crucified by the press and buyers.

correct me if i am wrong but i thought the whole reason for buying a camaro wasnt the interior. its important dont get me wrong, but i was under the impression you bought one cause it had a big motor and 2 seats... just like you dont buy a corvette for its interior, you buy it because its a freaking powerhouse that'll smoke just about any taker that challenges.

Guest YellowJacket894

Yes, please quit bitching about the interior. My aunt had a '91 Beretta and it wasn't even in the same league as this is, couldn't even poke it with a ten-foot ski pole. I mean, when is the last time you saw fully interigated controls in a GMNA interior? I know the finished product I'll be driving will more than satisfy me.