Front pic of new Camaro up

Camino LS6

I like the lights on this better than the concept's... those looked a bit

too pushed out to the edges, I love the '69 for it's big bold headlight

and grille treatment, I hope they ephesize that. Everything looks

fantastic: stance, fascia, proportions, mirrors... except for one FUGLY

element and that's the gross, thick black frame on the rear windows

where they're glued in like in any piece of $h! modern disposable car

from the last 20 years... ruins the greenhouse for me, sorry GM...

you'll have to do better than that to get a sale out of me: as soon as

I get my black flat top '59 LeSabre four door hardtop I'm never going

with fixed B-pillars again unless it's pre-war or costs $500.

P.S. I MAY end up shooting myself in the foot here.... if the Camaro

was to be offered with the upcoming baby-duramax turbo-diesel &

a fully manual trans. I just might suck it up, buy one & do the

convertible rear window/weatherstrip/regulator/assembly install.

Edited by Sixty8panther

I expect it to be there and functional on production V8 cars at least.

Note that the Grille/lights on this car are not production per Fbodfather.

The lights are cheapy Autozone fog lamps and are held in with Velcro and hot glue. They are only there for driving at night till the production units are ready.

I expect a little trim for the grill and the bow tie to be added.

The Scoop will be there for the V8 but I have not heard for the V6. It als may just be a painted screen or opening with no screen since it is only a Mule. The show car went in and did a 90 degree turn down so if you looked into it fromt he front you would not see much if the screen was off.

Yep....

This will be my first new car purchase (Unless I can miraculously afford a Z06/ZR1 before then)

I can see it now; the color will be black or something just as sinister... Maybe racing stripes... A slight suspension drop, tinted (solid black) windows.

It's going to be a beautiful thing!

Yup!

And when we have a C&G meet, it will look great parked next to my G8 ST GXP (Black w/white stripes). :AH-HA_wink:

I can easily imagine SS replacing the bowtie. :AH-HA_wink:

Especially in that black grille.

I don't think you will have to imagine it in about a year from next month if what I am hearing is correct.

You can't wear a bow tie when you go out to play can you?

I was never a naysayer on this car and I trust in Settlemire. I expected the car to be close to the show car styling but they got the car even closer than I even expected to the show car.

Even with the changes they have captured the show car aura very well and made it a car you can still live with daily.

I went back to my photo's of the Bumble Bee Camaro show car I took when we had it at work for a few days and the 24 inch rear tires look kind of cartoonish compared to the production car.

Just wait till we see this with all the correct trim added to the car.

I would like to see some of the original style Camaro hockey stick fender stripes on this car. Something taste full and not tackey.

Thank God GM never used the colors Chrysler used in the 70's. The pink and green are too much on the Chargers.

I was never a naysayer on this car and I trust in Settlemire. I expected the car to be close to the show car styling but they got the car even closer than I even expected to the show car.

Even with the changes they have captured the show car aura very well and made it a car you can still live with daily.

I went back to my photo's of the Bumble Bee Camaro show car I took when we had it at work for a few days and the 24 inch rear tires look kind of cartoonish compared to the production car.

Just wait till we see this with all the correct trim added to the car.

I would like to see some of the original style Camaro hockey stick fender stripes on this car. Something taste full and not tackey.

Thank God GM never used the colors Chrysler used in the 70's. The pink and green are too much on the Chargers.

Agreed on all points.

• 1 month later...
Am I the only one disturbed by these headlights, I hope they are not production they lack personality and look horrible compared to the concept. Does anyone have any insight on the headlights that will ease my mind.

I'm sure by NAIAS 09 we will see the production headlights (as the glacial pace continues).

Am I the only one disturbed by these headlights, I hope they are not production they lack personality and look horrible compared to the concept. Does anyone have any insight on the headlights that will ease my mind.

This is not the production set up it and the grill are still missing parts. At one point the headlights were just driving lights stuck in because the production units were not ready.

We will see the completed prodution factory lights and grill by spring or summer.

Edited by hyperv6

• 2 weeks later...

I think it was either Super Chevy or Camaro Performers Magazine that had this picture and a rear shot in their magazine this month. I believe they said it was on their site too, I'll have to check. stand by on that.

but no, the lights are all dummies, and the grille, while I like it, isn't production either. The scoop they said would probably be functional only on the top-line model. a dummy on the mid level, and not even there on the V6. It may net even be present on the mid-level model.

here we go. its at Super Chevy.

http://www.superchevy.com/features/camaro/...o/photo_01.html

have to link, picture won't show...

This is big news...wonder why this hasn't made front page...?

Huh? That's the same old pics of the white car that were shown here over a month ago...