Tata Nano $2,500 interior picture gallery

Honestly, for what it is, its not bad. I'm sure the materials are horribly cheap, but its a $2500 car. They did a smart thing with the dash, its symmetrical, they can easily make it LHD or RHD. Its not worse than Chrysler's CCV concept from the late 90's, which didn't even have a fuel gauge, just three LEDs, all three lit meant a full tank, 2/3 lit meant half a tank, 1 lit meant empty. Brilliant in its simplicity, I guess.

"What surprised most Tata executives was how the Nano appealed to women. 80% of Nano buyers were women, all of which claimed that the detachable shifter was their favorite feature..."

Ten bucks that we will be reading this quote in 3 months...

See,w hat has also made me curious is why on earth would you pay for this just because it's new when you could pay the same and get a perfectly good and far superior used car for the same or even less money. I paid $2,100 for mine after all, and I got for my car for my money, that's far safer, more powerful, nicer inside and out, and much more features. This question also applies to who would buy a Chinese $h!box new whenever they make it to US soil.

Of course in India it's different, but I'm just saying why would anyone in a developed country like in Europe or America where they've sold good cars for years buy one?

I guess some people just gotta have `em new...even if the break after 3 days of ownership and fall apart after a month.

Edited by Dodgefan

^*cough* Kia *cough*

I'm part of your school of thought, however every Kia owner I know is very happy. For college students, being able to buy a car with some premium features for much much less is a really good option...

I'm part of your school of thought, however every Kia owner I know is very happy. For college students, being able to buy a car with some premium features for much much less is a really good option...

Problem is... With those features you get a car that pulls to the left under heavy braking, has a fuel gauge that goes backwards, and shakes real bad @ stoplights... two friends with Kias have these issue... you get what you pay for.

I don't think its that funny, they build a cheep commuter car, then build some larger cars until they have a full line up. The money they make in asia selling these to those who otherwise would never be able to own cars will be used to make the company stronger, and just like many never dreamed the Japs would out sell Ford/Chrysler, this may be the next threat to the big 3, at least in over seas markets.

Or alternatively, they could buy a used car with premium features and far superior quality/design/everything.