Most annoying song

Satty

The BEP thread got me thinking about annoying songs. There are a lot of songs that I dislike because they suck or because they get overplayed or they just rub me the wrong way. But I really think Panda Panda Panda by Deerhoof is the most annoying song ever. It sounds like something a 5 year old would walk around singing.

The BEP thread got me thinking about annoying songs.  There are a lot of songs that I dislike because they suck or because they get overplayed or they just rub me the wrong way.  But I really think Panda Panda Panda by Deerhoof is the most annoying song ever.  It sounds like something a 5 year old would walk around singing.

[post="31270"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

This is the song that never ends.

[post="31274"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Funny you should bring the damned song from Lam Chops Play Along up. I was in an English class last spring where we got into groups to write plays that other groups in the clas would perform. Well, the play my group performed starred a guy who was supposed to be completely stoned (that was me) who started singing that unprovoked in the middle of the play. Twas awesome.

I want my I want my I want my MTV hated that song big time and I am a Mark Knoffler/Dire Straits fan That one last summer by whosits - Slash and Co Every time Im falling Im falling When Im falling I keep falling......write some friggin lyrics or shut up Sliither on the other hand was a great song I dont listen to pop, but if I did Im sure I could make a long list.

Many songs I find annoying aren't really bad songs at all. They just get ingrained on my conciousness because of overplaying and overpopularity. Green Day's Wake me up When September Ends is the perfict example. It isn't a bad song, I'm just tired of hearing it all the time. By far the worst offenders, however, are The Offspring. Whenever a new Offspring single comes out I'll like it at first, but you can bet that it won't take long for it to be drilled into my mind until I can't take no more.

Or perhaps this could be because I avoid crappy pop songs like the plague that they are, thus never having the chance to experience them in their annoying glory(?).

Annoying songs? Let's see... fake punk rock. So annoying. Its more pop, than punk and it gets played over and over and over and over and over and over and over... and over. The Killers, Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte, etc., etc... Argh!!! Makes me go crazy!!! (the worst part is that Bekah likes all of it...)

That STOOPID Spice Girls song... "Now, tell me whatchoo want, whatchoo really really want..."  Ugh.  I know it's like ancient, but it still gets on my nerves, and I haven't heard it in probably a year or more.

[post="31357"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hey! I like that song! Along with the "fake punk rock" songs! :P

Personally, I cannot stand Mariah Carrey: all of her songs sound the same.

Amen! Generic R&B hits, served straight from a can. Such a shame too, because she has a most wonderful voice. Oh well. It's better to sell records than to be talented.

Boy do I miss XM. I can't afford to re-up it until after Christmas.

There's only one that sticks out in my mind.... just one that I've been hearing for years. It seems to have lasting value for some dog-damned reason. "Big Shot" by Billy Joel. I want to shoot someone when i hear thta F***ing song. It's like a musical version of a jewish mother nagging.

"girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--..." Edited by Croc

"girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--girl you know it's--..."

[post="31892"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

...? I'm lost.

Because you are too young to remember Milli Vanilli

[post="31950"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ain't you two like two years apart? Neither one of you were school age when Milli Vanilli was the big deal.

All that aside, after the scandal came up, their stuff hasn't been on the radio or video shows since.

Ain't you two like two years apart?  Neither one of you were school age when Milli Vanilli was the big deal.

All that aside, after the scandal came up, their stuff hasn't been on the radio or video shows since.

[post="31987"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think it's actually three years, but yes it makes a difference. I was brought up on music, and I remember when Milli Vanilli was big, and I remember when they made history by having their Grammy revoked. Everyone was talking about it. I was in Kindergarten when it happened.

The local oldies station hardly ever plays anything other than Elton John, Blondie, Super Tramp, Billy Joel or anything Beatles related. Becasue as we all know, there were no other musical artists during the 1960's and 1970's than these talentless hacks.

[post="31773"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Elton John, Billy Joel and Blondie talentless? I'll agree it's exageration for effect but true.

However IMO the Beatles werer, arer and will always be the most significant band ever... that being said redundancy in a radio station is annoying as all hell.

Elvis was more significant than the Beatles. Beatles come in at #2. The person who invents a genre is always more significant than the people who redefine it because in order to redefine something, there had to be a pre-existing definition.

Elvis was more significant than the Beatles.  Beatles come in at #2.  The person who invents a genre is always more significant than the people who redefine it because in order to redefine something, there had to be a pre-existing definition.

[post="32015"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Do you dare say Elvis invented rock 'n roll?

That would get my vote, for a tie with, My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
I cant stand those 2 songs.

[post="32021"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My vote "My Humps" by Balck Eyed Peas. they play it constantly on XM channel 20.

Oh yeah... and anything by Kelly Clarkson is starting to get on the nerves

Do you dare say Elvis invented rock 'n roll?

[post="32024"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Are you being facetious? Elvis definitely was the father of rock and roll. There were a lot of underground movements leading up to what Elvis did, but Elvis pulled all the movements together and more importantly brought rock into the mainstream.

Are you being facetious?  Elvis definitely was the father of rock and roll.  There were a lot of underground movements leading up to what Elvis did, but Elvis pulled all the movements together and more importantly brought rock into the mainstream.

[post="32027"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, I'm not being facetious. Elvis may have given rock 'n roll (the "n roll" part wasn't dropped until the late 60s) a white face that parents of similar persuasion woud allow their daughters to listen....but he was not putting in the work that invented the sound. That's like saying Kenny G is the father of jazz.

Elvis wasn't even the first national rock 'n roll artist. He wasn't even the first white face of rock 'n roll...he'd tell you that himself if he was alive today....

Elvis wasn't even the first national rock 'n roll artist.  He wasn't even the first white face of rock 'n roll...he'd tell you that himself if he was alive today....

[post="32053"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Croc needs to watch the "Buddy Holly story" with Greg Busey.

As far as the Beatles they did more with Rock n Roll from just 1959-1969 than all the Rock bands fo the 70s, 80s & 90s combined. Artists are still borrowing ideas from the Beatles today. They did a lot of original things with their music but even they credit the Blues greats and other lesser known artists for thier humble beginings. Besides that Buddy Holly beat Elvis to the punch. Had it not been for Holly dying Elvis would be just a blip on the radar. Edited by Sixty8panther

iTunes has used Shuffle mode today to remind me of Avril, Cher and R.E.M. all of whom would compete for most annoying artist (Complicated, Gypsies,Tramps and Thieves and Man on the Moon, respectively) if it weren't for that damned Deerhoof song.

No one person created rock n' roll. Not Elvis, not Buddy Holly, not Chuck Berry, not Jerry Lee Lewis, no nobody. They were all fantastic artists (IMO, heads and shoulders above anyone of similar fame today) and helped create the genre, but it was a work of their combined talents and those of many, many others.

That would get my vote, for a tie with, My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
I cant stand those 2 songs.

[post="32021"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

lmao the Milkshake song.

Okay so there's this really overweight, unattractive girl who hangs out with the female clique of my neighborhood. Everytime one of them come around (some of them are kind of attractive), she is with them. So my friends would always try to mess around by trying to hook me up with the heavy girl.

Well she was over with one of her friends at my buddy's house and her phone rings. "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. They're like.. it's better than yours. Damn right, it's better than yours. I could teach you but I'd have to charge" Needless to say, I couldn't stop laughing and she didn't understand why..

Better than not having the balls to say it... Go ahead and laugh, I really don't care. :rolleyes: One would think you have better things to do than make fun of someone's music tastes on a message board. That's just so superficial. Frankly, I find it a hell of a lot easier to get pumped listening to "Morning Glory," "Wonderwall," "Hello," "Champagne Supernova, "Don't Go Away," etc than "Yellow Submarine," "She Loves You" or any of the other Beatles songs. Oasis just injects more energy to their music. I mean you're welcome to your opinion, but you don't have to be an ass about it. Your post has "cheap shot" written all over it, and it was completely unprovoked. Edited by Croc