09 models

loki

• 2 weeks later...
Other than the Aveo 5 hatch, 6 speed/4 banger on the Bu, DI V6's in the Lambdas, updates 2.2 Ecotecs and SS supercharged 2.0 in Cobalts and the 50th Ann Impala, 09 looks to be yet another re-run year for GM.

Not surprising, though, considering how many new or redesigned models came out in MY '07 and '08. The Traverse is one new model for '09, though.

So for MY '10, there will/may be the Camaro, CTS coupe, Epsy Dos LaCrosse, anything else likely? BRX? Sostice Targa?

Edited by moltar

I'm pretty sure the C-Balt gets an update this year. a new engine (1.4 turbo) and a more "Mailbu" look....

Nothing really for the Impy..

6-speed for the 4 banger and new colors for the Bu'.....

New colors ans wheels for the Aveo...updated Aveo5.....

The Balt needs more than a new front end, it needs a better seat (mine is starting to cave in at the back), a tilt/telescoping steering wheel, and a retuned suspension.

The Cobalt won't be getting an MCE, my sources say.

Then GM is screwed. They waste money making a Hummer H3 Truck with gas prices sky high instead of spending money getting the Cobalt up to world class and replacing the Aveo with a good subcompact.

Same old GM sad to say.

Then GM is screwed. They waste money making a Hummer H3 Truck with gas prices sky high instead of spending money getting the Cobalt up to world class and replacing the Aveo with a good subcompact.

Same old GM sad to say.

Balt gets DeltaII and a complete makeover in 2010. It has to hang in for another year. Which I think it will do fine.

I believe the new Cobalt will debut in next year's auto show circuit along with the Regal and maybe a new Impala.

Well, I hope that they are working on a new Impala, or at least a freshened version of the current one. It wouldn't take too much of an effort to make the current Impala look a lot better, even tho I love my '06 SS that I have now. New Malibu/Traverse-like front clip, round taillights, just a bit more sound deadening, bolster the seats a bit, maybe revise the dash just a little to cut down on the daytime glare on the radio, and that would do it for a few more years, until a totally new model is ready.

This is a great car that needs to have some attention paid to it by Chevrolet. I'll be ready for a new one in '09 or '10, and I sure don't want to choose between an Impala that is in it's fourth year of production, or something totally new from another GM division, like the new CTS.

Sadly the 09 Impala looks to be a re-run of the 06-08 versions. They really should have done something about the seats and upped the 3.5 to 224 HP as in the G6/Aura. As you mentioned some round taillights would have been nice and maybe a more eye catching Malibu like front end could round out the picture.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com

Honestly, back in the day, cars used to have at least some exterior differences, like a minor grille insert change-take the Cobalt-its the same mediocre, cramped-interior, underequipped piece of crap right down to most of the wheel covers since inaugural 2005 model year-that's 4 years with little significant change! Even most colors are the same! Enough with this laxadaisicalness!!!! (Especially when its just a mundane, boring, inoffensive, yet not horrible car as it is.)

Honestly, back in the day, cars used to have at least some exterior differences, like a minor grille insert change-take the Cobalt-its the same mediocre, cramped-interior, underequipped piece of crap right down to most of the wheel covers since inaugural 2005 model year-that's 4 years with little significant change! Even most colors are the same! Enough with this laxadaisicalness!!!! (Especially when its just a mundane, boring, inoffensive, yet not horrible car as it is.)

Yup, the least they could have done is improve the seats and put in a telescoping steering wheel. The suspension and steering need tweaking also. GM has a habit of letting its products rot on the vine. The Cobalt is the perfect example of that.

Eh, it's not that bad, but it really needs some changes...

Now the only way to tell the year of a car is when it is an all new model redesign or by missing/decontented items that the previous years version had. Take the Impala for instants. The 2006 model had std bodyside moldings, dual rear seat map pockets and an 8-way power drivers seat. The 2008 model looks identical but look closer and you will no longer see that bodyside molding unless it's ordered as an option. The 8-way power seat gives way to a cheaper 6-way with manual recliner and only the passenger seat gets a map pocket on the lower end LS and LT models. The interiors of todays cars are all very similar with the same ol same ol gray, black and tan no color like in the 90's or earlier cars. Grilles/tail lights etc are rarely ever changed and todays cars are plainer than ever on the outside with styling on some at an all time low. It would be so nice to see some brand distinction again with nice round tail lights on Impalas and Malibus, some interior color choices like red, white and blue, a return to some exterior trim to spice up the oh so bland plain cookie cutter exteriors and yearly changes to identify model years.