Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

The one thing I don't like about Holden

70 posts in this topic

The metallic black paint they use.

I really love a solid black, but will have to choose something else for my new Sport Truck.

Ah well, change is good, I guess.

you have a pic of this metallic black? sounds interesting

Look at any black GTO or G8 and that's it.

oh the GTO color, guess i cant agree with you.. i find it gorgeous!

I'm just a purist when it comes to black.

I'll have to see what the 2010 color choices are.

It flies in the face of my history to get one of these not decked out like the car in my sig, but I really don't like the metallic.

Kind of tough to buck my own traditon after owning these two:

87ecss002lo0.jpg

70ecss003uz0.jpg

... and a black Monte Carlo SS, and a black '57 Chevy, and a black 340 Duster, and my black Silverado, and my black Firehawk, and my black Maserati...

Kind of tough to buck my own traditon after owning these two:

87ecss002lo0.jpg

70ecss003uz0.jpg

... and a black Monte Carlo SS, and a black '57 Chevy, and a black 340 Duster, and my black Silverado, and my black Firehawk, and my black Maserati...

Choo Choo!

Does that mean that "project camino" will be black too?

Choo Choo!

Does that mean that "project camino" will be black too?

Yup, that CCC SS was my first brand new car.

No on Project Camino - it will be GTO Orange metallic and pearl white.

is this black you speak of the same as the new black granite metallic thats new for the colorados this year? whats up with the extra cost on that? i also noticed they changed to Inferno orange metallic instead of my sunset orange metallic. charge 265 for it as well. whats up with that?

is this black you speak of the same as the new black granite metallic thats new for the colorados this year? whats up with the extra cost on that? i also noticed they changed to Inferno orange metallic instead of my sunset orange metallic. charge 265 for it as well. whats up with that?

I doubt it is the same, Holden generally doesn't share paint colors with GMNA models. But it could be very similar. If you've ever seen a black 2004-06 GTO, that's the color. Up close you can really see the metallic, from a distance the color just looks off a bit without the sharp gloss of a solid black. Its ok, just not what I want.

WOW, those photos are as yellow and hazy as my memory of the 70's. :smilewide:

Well they are scans of old prints. The 70 pic was shot with a cheap pocket camera and the 87 was shot on the wrong type of film by accident. I have some nice B&W shots of the 87.

I agree, I prefer straight black to metallic black, as well. GM had a metallic black on the L and N bodies (and possibly other cars, I don't remember) and the fullsize trucks in the late 80's, it didn't last long. There is something pure about straight black and straight white that metallic and pearl detract from. I don't care for pearl white, either. Reminds me of a certain body fluid. Edited by ocnblu

I'm just a purist when it comes to black.

I can't help thinking of This Is Spinal Tap when I hear stuff like this :lol:

"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."

That being said, I wholeheartedly agree with you. There's a LOT to be said for a car with laser-straight body panels with a flawless coat of gloss black covering them, polished to a deep shine and smooth as glass. Black is the hardest color to keep clean and impossible to hide imperfections with, so when a car looks perfect in black, you can rest assured that it has been done right. A metalflake in black is only there to hide blemishes and mistakes because nobody wants to go the extra mile to make something look perfect in its pure form anymore.

I can't help thinking of This Is Spinal Tap when I hear stuff like this :lol:

"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."

That being said, I wholeheartedly agree with you. There's a LOT to be said for a car with laser-straight body panels with a flawless coat of gloss black covering them, polished to a deep shine and smooth as glass. Black is the hardest color to keep clean and impossible to hide imperfections with, so when a car looks perfect in black, you can rest assured that it has been done right. A metalflake in black is only there to hide blemishes and mistakes because nobody wants to go the extra mile to make something look perfect in its pure form anymore.

Maybe the answer will be to look for someone to do a show quality repaint once I get the car.

I could get proper white stripes as well instead of the factory stickers.

:scratchchin:

Is there anything about the vehicle you like? :rotflmao:

:rolleyes:

Don't be rediculous, I love it as is. Just thinking about some personalization I might choose to do.

Afterall, the temptation to turn it into an El Camino is there as are the parts to do the job.

Let's see if I can resist the urge.

:rolleyes:

Don't be rediculous, I love it as is. Just thinking about some personalization I might choose to do.

Afterall, the temptation to turn it into an El Camino is there as are the parts to do the job.

Let's see if I can resist the urge.

Hmmmmm, that gives me an idea, maybe I will order this vehicle as my next PEP car, with some minor changes of course. I will have the hood and front fascia changed to this. Also left hand drive instrument panel and Chevy wheels. :AH-HA_wink:

chevyluminaexpqs6.jpg

Hmmmmm, that gives me an idea, maybe I will order this vehicle as my next PEP car, with some minor changes of course. I will have the hood and front fascia changed to this. Also left hand drive instrument panel and Chevy wheels. :AH-HA_wink:

chevyluminaexpqs6.jpg

You do that, and you have to send it to me when you are done with it. :lol:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room