Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The sports appearance package makes all the difference. Looks really sharp! Take some photos of it and the Sebring together dude.

Does it drive any different than the Sebring?

It does. The engine is quieter...probably a model year improvement and you feel bumps less, which is probably attributed to the upgraded wheels.

It does. The engine is quieter...probably a model year improvement and you feel bumps less, which is probably attributed to the upgraded wheels.

Actually...may be due to random (and likely ongoing) "fixes" they applied as more Avengers rolled, and people complained. Anything from different seat foam, to bushings, to struts, they've changed things based on initial feedback, which is just bizarre...should have never even been an issue:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/review...5-avenger_n.htm

Regardless, looks quite cool, and better--in a sporty way--than the more luxury (or attempt at it) Sebring. Fun having 2 of the "same" thing to compare :AH-HA_wink:

img00007mb6.jpg

I have been looking for a picture like this to illustrate a point. My mother is normally a ChryCo fan, but when she saw that seat rail sticking way out like that on the Avenger, she said it "looks like something a Russian or Chinese company would make."

Even the faithful get lost on bad interiors.

I have been looking for a picture like this to illustrate a point. My mother is normally a ChryCo fan, but when she saw that seat rail sticking way out like that on the Avenger, she said it "looks like something a Russian or Chinese company would make."

Even the faithful get lost on bad interiors.

You KNOW, at the auto show, I thought the overall look & materials of the Avenger were quite good in reality...but those seat frames in both it and the Sebring are just bizarre. Guess it's a weird floor pan vs. seat travel thing, but still, not what you see in a typical car.

Actually Ravenfreak I feel bad that I never really liked your Sebring...but I gotta admit these Avengers are really, really growing on me. Neighbors mother has one and I've had a chance to look it over. Her car has the appearance package like yours does and it does make a difference.

Silver and white are both perfect colors for this car.

Good luck and take car of her, I am a little jealous of this one...

Chris

Congrats... I guess.

Why not a used Challenger 3.5 instead of it's brother with downs syndrome?

Congrats... I guess.

Why not a used Challenger 3.5 instead of it's brother with downs syndrome?

And wait, what, at least another year to have one? Unless you mean the Charger, that is, which is a bigger, etc. car.

Seat rails are not going to stop me from buying a car with great style, a whole bunch of creature features at a great price with a company that I trust. So far, the car has brought me nothing but a pleasurable driving expierience. The MyGig has been the best part so far.

Completely.

What are your thoughts on all the continual changes that were (and probably still are) happening with the Avenger, and probably Sebring, now that you have two from different time ranges? Notice the seats, suspension, etc.?

Yes, shirt circuit in the Mopar corner of my brain... I apologize.

Of course I meant the CHARGER...?

BUT seriously, WHY NOT a used Charger instead?

Chargers bore me in terms of commonality and interior style. The gas and insurance would cost more and I wouldn't get the MyGig, which is a dream to have.

Now in terms of comparing the sebring and avenger...The avenger has much tighter steering, and he engine noise is less aparent. The Avenger has more hard plastic on the dash but I'm not caring because I touch the buttons...not sleep on the dash board. I think the larger wheels and upgrades in the SXT help too.

• 1 month later...